test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Con VS Str

rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hmmm i made a Guardian at first i was only thinking of PVE but now i kinda got hooked up with pvp it was fun.

Tho i was worried about something, i have a Human Guardian and i pumped my bonus stat at CON
i started with
Con 20
Str 13
str 13

Is there really that much difference with stats?

will my guardian be OK at pvp considering it was Con type to start with?
Post edited by rhineford on

Comments

• cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Con hp bonus doesn't scale with gear. Unless this is a bug I would recommend all Str/Dex

At levels sub-60 this doesn't mean much and probably helps to have +Con in end game... Con becomes almost worthless.
  • blakeasheartblakeasheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, as human Guardian Fighter, what are the best stats?

18 str

13 dex

18 const

Is that good?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nexfariousnexfarious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cant get 18 str, 18 con at start with human. I'm not sure how good the dwarven passive abilities are but I assume dwarf is better than human.

Dwarf is probably better because you get +2 str and con, which is a massive boost too.

You want to start with the roll that looks like this:

Str 15, Con 17, dex 13, int 11, wis 11, cha 9. If I remember correctly. Then plus 2 to str and con.
    edited May 2013
    And for the human?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nexfariousnexfarious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm... actually I was wrong, it was str 15, con 16, dex 13, int 11, wis 11, cha 9 that I was thinking of.

So I would say go with that one, and then put +2 con as human. so it becomes 15, 18, 13, 11, 11, 9. But it is also possible that you might want to go 16, 18, 12, 10, 10, 10 - like I assume you suggested yourself in the start (you can't get 18 con, 18 str). This way you have 1 % more dmg, 1 % more guard, +1% DoT Damage Resistance, +1 % daily damage.

But you lose out on +1% Resistance ignored, +1% AoE Damage Resistance, +0.5% Deflection Chance, +1% Recharge Speed, +1% Control Bonus, +1% Control Resistance.

I would say that con is slightly more favourable for a guardian than str, even though its extremely closely matched! Your bonus to hp from con stacks multiplicatively with the feat that passivley increases hp by 9%.
    edited May 2013
    16, 18, 12, 10, 10, 10

I made this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]