test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Creating a Foundry and have a Quick question.

ninwahninwah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So im currently making a dungeon called Crypt Of the Necromancer. However, im trying to make the final Encounter a Boss Fight. not a premade Cryptic mob encounter. Is there anyway to select a Single NPC and make him an enemy or do i HAVE to use the premade Encounter section of mobs? cause what I have in mind is a Single boss surrounded by like 4 or 5 zombie/undead type things but have the Boss be somewhat of a challange.. Thanks for the help!!
Post edited by ninwah on

Comments

• Options
    senjaxsenjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Yeah you can do that. In the encounters section look for a single encounter in the hard category. Put him on the map, then you can customize his outfit however you like. Then you can add standard or easy keleton encounter around the boss. I think that should work for ya.
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is what I posted in another thread:

You need to be a master at fooling the player by manipulating the game into what you want it to do versus what it can do. The art of subterfuge is important in story telling and creating interesting encounters.

You want a NPC to first talk to the player then become an enemy?

That is easy, you first have the NPC spawn - and made as an interactable object or contact to a quest dialogue. Once the player gets the objective to talk to NPC - the player talks to the NPC. Then the quest is completed and then the NPC will disappear at the same time and same location an enemy "Hard" encounter appears. This "Hard" encounter is an encounter that could be what the NPC would do; except it is cosemetically altered to look like your NPC. This will give the illusion that yout NPC was something you can talk to and then be attackable.

In the story tab it would be something like this:

Dialogue "Talk to NPC"

Encounter "Kill Enemy NPC"

The 'NPC' will be will be set to disappear when the objective "Talk to NPC" is completed. Likewise, the enemy encounter that looks like your NPC is set to appear when the objective "Talk to NPC" is completed. This will then make it possible to have the objective in your "Kill Enemy NPC" be set to that cosemetically altered enemy encounter to be killed and be a quest objective if you like. The art of subterfuge. You have tricked the player into thinking your NPC could be attacked after you spoke to it.