test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Suggestions. Raid content?

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
It would seem that PW is going to utilize the Foundry system feature to fill the slot for end game content in regards to dungeons and quests etc.

What I would like to suggest is, consider utilizing the Foundry system even further so players can make small to medium sized raid content. 10 and 20 man content.

PW, you are already going to release a 20v20 zone specific area so I can't see this being out of the question.

Have bosses have static loot tables that are designed by PW and have players design quest series that also reward epic itemization for completion of the Dungeon.

Another way to distrubute loot would be, instead of loot tables, have a token vendor in Protectors Enclave and have the bosses of said Dungeons based on Tier drop special raid specific seals. The vendor then stocks the itemization for the Foundry raid content.

However, what I would like to see is, Foundry Dungeons and if they ever added this feature, raid content that is generated by players, should get submitted to PW for screening. If it passes there rules and code of conduct according to the EULA, they release it on the list in Foundry.

This will make sure that no one abuses the feature and it caters to everyone, casual, group and raid content based.
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No love???
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive always been so/so when it comes to maps that allow large numbers of players, because of the chances for abuse mostly. Frankly the ability to control the numbers of 'characters' on a map overall would be something I would very much like to see. From my STO experience just being able to limit to 1 character on a map would be a blessing.

getting into 5+, often this gets into the realm of the PvP argument, another thing Im not sure I am so keen on for foundry use. With that said, if a test server were to configured to allow for this, I would be interested in seeing the results.
  • fyredrake2fyredrake2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Passing the "verification" process onto PW is a major task. Can you imagine how many raids would be submitted on a daily basis? There would have to be a ruleset in place (as there is now) while designing so that the creator can only use the rules that are in place. There could be a new Foundry category called "Raid" to go with Campaign. And it can either utilize the existing 10 Campaign Quest slots or grant 10 additional "Raid Quest" slots. Once a player reaches level 50, that player is allowed 1 Raid creation slot, and 1 more slot at 60. I'm sure a lot of testing would have to go into the design process to avoid farming/exploit abuse, but it sounds like a feasible project. I don't know that they would go more then 5/10 player raids (5 for small, 10 for medium and large), but it's something to hope for. I like the generic token loot to turn in for class gear, and not RNG gear for whomever is in the group. I can see a max raids timer in place as well to keep players to 1 or 2 raids every 12/24 hours. They could even use a "Daily Raid" quest to reward the gear token rather than modifying the loot tables. The encounter level scaling is already in place, all they would need to do is make boss' or allow us the ability to make small modifications to existing single encounter mobs.
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like the idea :) but before there will be raids, first we want bosses.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am a firm believer in that there is no job to small or too big to under take and something like this fits that bill.

The raid content would never grow old and new raid content would always be uploaded keeping people wanting to over come that new raid dungeon all the time, where as more conventional MMORPG's rely heavily on the producers to service them with the means to that content which generally ends up in bored players due to there not being enough content to keep people interested.
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I don't care about raids never have in any game unless it is a OPEN WORLD RAID BOSS. Otherwise it is just a bad means to endgame since MMOs shouldn't have a endgame. Just like this game you retire a lvl 60 and play a new campaign with a new character.
  • rasmenar2112rasmenar2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be okay with this. Few things though.

There'd need to be a MINIMUM amount of non-boss encounters PER BOSS, that way the raids are not just boss bashes. Developers would be REQUIRED to add trash pulls.

I'd like to see players have the ability to customize the mechanics of their bosses. Put a min/max limit on the mechanics, for example 2-4 special abilities. Summon waves of adds, to a massive AOE, call down meteors/mines, each with a slightly customizable effect (color, the element of the effects, nothing too drastic). Other than that, all of the current customization options available to NPC's in the Foundry (Hopefully, we'll get bosses and a larger variety of enemies soon :D )

A maximum number of bosses. Your end-of-raid reward chest (since the Foundry is fueled by the quest engine) has scaling loot based off of the number of bosses (and thus the length) of the raid.

As far as taking the effort off of Cryptic for evaluation, borrow a concept from Steam Green Light. Player Review. When a Dungeon style or Raid style quest is up for review, it shows up in a new tab of the Job Board called "Under Review". Players get a chance to play through it in God Mode for no XP or rewards, simply to evaluate the map itself and score it. Maps that get enough positive feedback get passed, maps that do not get failed.

Also, a limit of 1 Dungeon and 1 Raid quest slot, if you get a Dungeon or Raid approved you get additional quest slots. That way, developers who are creating quality content can continue creating quality content.
    Alone in the darkness, that is where you truly discover yourself. Without self, without the core of your identity, you are nothing. - Rasmenar
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the suggestions guys.

We need a form of end game content.