test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix Control Wizards?

shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
They're broke. You can not justify a class with that much CC, dodge ability, damage output, and survivability. It's broke, simply put. They're AoE dps why would you even consider giving them all this extra stuff? They're not that OP early on but once you get to the 40s you can't catch them while they can seriously drop a person in 2-3 hits.
~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
Post edited by shepherdofman on

Comments

• endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    They may drop someone in 2-3 hits, but they drop in 1-2 hits. I'm not sure where the survivability you speak of comes from. Dodge is limited and runs out in about 5 seconds against any melee worth their salt. Also, all their control encounters other than daily powers are single target. As soon as someone else joins the fight (Remember, the game doesn't revolve around 1v1) they are toast.
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No.. you're not going to 2-3 hit a CW that's geared and has their shield up. It just isn't happening
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    No.. you're not going to 2-3 hit a CW that's geared and has their shield up. It just isn't happening

I have no problems doing it. You realize shield absorbs like.. 1500 damage right? It's a waste of a slot, and if you see a wizard using it, all the more reason to rush them down.
    edited May 2013
    CW can slow, push you back, pull you into an area, push an entire area back, stun you, drop 6-8k hits in 40s, they can dodge dodge dodge dodge w/e skill you try to hit them with as a melee. It's not happening lol. CW needs nurfed
    edited May 2013
    CW can slow, push you back, pull you into an area, push an entire area back, stun you, drop 6-8k hits in 40s, they can dodge dodge dodge dodge w/e skill you try to hit them with as a melee. It's not happening lol. CW needs nurfed

You described more abilities than a Control Wizard can ever have equipped at once. And added in an extra dodge. Sounds like a personal problem, honestly. I have no problems dispatching Wizards on my GWF, GF or Rogue. My Cleric can't kill them, but they sure as hell aren't killing me with Astreal Shield + Foresight.
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Truth is that Assasin is best DPS on raids. If you want to cut off wizz from CC then lets return to normal way of doing and give Wizz dmg which he lacks. Wizz is ok. I seen so many good tanks/ war/ healers so it's realy mainly about good idea for your build + player skill.

Wizz is squishi and good Sin can 1hit k/o wiz.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
    edited May 2013
    I wanna meet a CW so bad you can kill them with a GWF or GF.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    God, I think the OP and nerf threads on mmo forums is more annoying than anything else. Wasn't an option on the poll for that so I didn't vote.
    edited May 2013
    I wanna meet a CW so bad you can kill them with a GWF or GF.

You do realize that a GWF can make themselves completely immune to CC and easily hit for over 10k. And a GF can block every controlling effect a Wizard throws out, while dishing out a lot of control of their own.

Perhaps you should get a few classes to 60 and practice up before you decide what's best for a game.
    edited May 2013
    Yes perhaps I should dump cash into the game to plvl myself hmm.. Cause lord knows you didn't level 3 toons into the 60s already w/o plvling. No, how bout you pull your head out of your *** and realize they're broke? quit defending a broke class. Sound like a Darius player on League.
    edited May 2013
    Yes perhaps I should dump cash into the game to plvl myself hmm.. Cause lord knows you didn't level 3 toons into the 60s already w/o plvling. No, how bout you pull your head out of your *** and realize they're broke? quit defending a broke class. Sound like a Darius player on League.

Ya, supporting developers of games we enjoy is such a terrible idea. No wonder the industry is declining. Great attitude.
  • borken69borken69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    Truth is that Assasin is best DPS on raids.

At what point does TR pass CW on dps? I'm in the mid 30s and consistently the highest dps by a wide margin in dailies.
    edited May 2013
    Yes cause PWE doesn't screw themselves ever? Got it. Why bother to play this game if you're going to skip 90% of the content and plvl? No wonder you support a broken class
    edited May 2013
    Yes cause PWE doesn't screw themselves ever? Got it. Why bother to play this game if you're going to skip 90% of the content and plvl? No wonder you support a broken class

You make a lot of assumptions. I never said I power levelled, and I enjoy Cryptic games. Just because PWE publishes their title doesn't mean I should withhold my support of the developer.

Once you know the path to level 60 once, it's a lot quicker after that.

But clearly your point has devolved into personal insult instead of an actual discussion, so let's just end it here.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're broke. You can not justify a class with that much CC, dodge ability, damage output, and survivability. It's broke, simply put. They're AoE dps why would you even consider giving them all this extra stuff? They're not that OP early on but once you get to the 40s you can't catch them while they can seriously drop a person in 2-3 hits.

Dude, seriously go read what a Control Wizard is about, this is not a 1 versus 1 in PvP game it's a straight up team effort.

If you one on one one of the most powerful classes in DnD as a Rogue or any other class you deserve to get your *** spanked. I get ganked fest by 2 even 1 Rogue (I have a 60 Rogue to) all the time and I have ganked killed control wizards on mine, I am not actively seeking them out in PvP "SOLO".

If you spent as much time trying to figure out how to kill them in PvP instead of making useless post about nerfing a class that is built around CCing, you would see they are not over powered.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any good TR or GF or GWF hell even DC or Opposing CW can kill a CW. This is really a L2P issue. I am guessing you are calling them overpowered because they beat you in pvp and you still don't understand how to counter them. They need all that CC for the actual game, you know, PvE. Although I do agree PvP needs a diminishing return on CC or something added to that effect.

Hell I think what people have the most rage about is the Entangling Force(Choke) that wizards always seem to use. But always check the team list, most likely if you are getting controlled super hard core you are dealing with more than 1 wizard. And you cant really justify nerfs based on being outnumbered/focus fired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • naamapeikkonaamapeikko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My 30k hp full pvp geared GF got hit for 24k by a wizard earlier. Some minor tuning needed I'd say.
    edited May 2013
    That was a crit daily power. TR can do even more. Plus its blockable and dodgable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    gomok72 wrote: »
    Dude, seriously go read what a Control Wizard is about, this is not a 1 versus 1 in PvP game it's a straight up team effort.

If you one on one one of the most powerful classes in DnD as a Rogue or any other class you deserve to get your *** spanked. I get ganked fest by 2 even 1 Rogue (I have a 60 Rogue to) all the time and I have ganked killed control wizards on mine, I am not actively seeking them out in PvP "SOLO".

If you spent as much time trying to figure out how to kill them in PvP instead of making useless post about nerfing a class that is built around CCing, you would see they are not over powered.

How stupid can you be. Where did I say "SOLO" in any of my statement? In Domination CW has tons of advantage points to pick people off in team fights even. None of this has to do with solo, no ****. But 1v1's happen all the time in pvp too. In which, a smart CW can take ANY class 1v1.
    edited May 2013
    My 30k hp full pvp geared GF got hit for 24k by a wizard earlier. Some minor tuning needed I'd say.

Argue this. Please anyone? Anyone at all? Can ANY other class hit 24k on a full geared GF?
  • naamapeikkonaamapeikko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A bit hard to block when you're cc'd tho.

Anyway one-shotting has to be removed if this game wants to succeed as a pvp game.
    edited May 2013
    I'd also like to see either a vote-to-kick or activity bar in Domination too. Get rid of all the afkers
    edited May 2013
    Argue this. Please anyone? Anyone at all? Can ANY other class hit 24k on a full geared GF?

Yes the TR daily can hit more than that. Fully geared vs Fully geared = that crazy daily power damage from crit daily powers.

and yes it is hard to block while being CC'ed lol.

I think after a while they will either give a PvP arena HP buff, or a PvP arena spell and weapon dmg decrease. Something to make the fights last longer.

But hell if we are screaming nerf wizards then get rid of the TR range attack. Seems silly that they even have a magic regenerating throwing knife attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Name a Cryptic game with balance PVP.... -crickets- They have yet to ever balance their PVP in any game.

It is an afterthought, a side attraction.. and even though I have a huge post about the issues with PVP... I do not think they are really interested in fixing it.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    You sound more like a lamb. Then a lion. I play a GF and have no issues with CW. My favorite is protecting them.. its amazing what a CW can do with a tank peeling off him
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
    edited May 2013
    l3uck3t wrote: »
    You sound more like a lamb. Then a lion. I play a GF and have no issues with CW. My favorite is protecting them.. its amazing what a CW can do with a tank peeling off him

OMG play on my team I love when a good GF understands this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mothrfkarmothrfkar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    want to counter CWs? Get a GF and a healer. Have the GF focus the CW and completely destroy it. Problem solved.
    edited May 2013

Guess you've never seen Shocking Execution.

I'm still not sure why you think this is worth discussing. You really don't have any hard evidence to back up your claim. And you are the instigator, so the burden of proof lies with you.
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Anyone in the game can hit this high with the right enchant. Did you know there is an enchant that lets you hit the target for your HPs 1% of the time. So if you have 30,000 hps and it procs, you just one shot them.

Any other hit this high is either coming from a Rogue or is coming from a CW that has landed their debuff and then dropped their single target daily ability on your face.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • pungkapungka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    Name a Cryptic game with balance PVP.... -crickets- They have yet to ever balance their PVP in any game.

It is an afterthought, a side attraction.. and even though I have a huge post about the issues with PVP... I do not think they are really interested in fixing it.

Name any MMORPG with balanced PvP...