test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guilds beware of bank thief

nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Playerhandle <removed> joined our guild and promptly stole hundreds of enchants, runes, and lockboxes as well as all the deposited gold.

This is not a whine thread. I screwed up by trusting someone and I don't expect to get our stuff back.

This is a warning to other guilds and players to avoid <removed>
Post edited by nwobrock on

Comments

• Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    You'd think after Diablo 2 that people would learn to distrust people from the getgo.
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'd think after Diablo 2 that people would learn to distrust people from the getgo.

I already said it's my fault for expecting maturity and decency from other players.

This is just a warning to other guild recruiters and players to steer clear of @cptcheese255
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's unfortunate that things like this happen. Usually PWE have a no-name-and-shame policy, but... Heh.

I could set up an off-site blacklist, if necessary. Give people advance warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    I already said it's my fault for expecting maturity and decency from other players.

This is just a warning to other guild recruiters and players to steer clear of

Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate any sort of blame game. Was simply making an observation, not trying to blame you for what happened. Yes you trusted him, but it was his fault for what he did. Don't blame yourself. Just pick yourself up and move on.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might want to alter your post and name of the thread since posting names is in violation of forum rules.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The name alone should of been a warning. It kinda has a trollish odor to it.
  • Options
    shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Might want to alter your post and name of the thread since posting names is in violation of forum rules.

I would think this would be an exception, this is not EVE online so that should not be happening. I feel he should be allowed, this is not a name and shame post, this is a "beware, this is a scammer"

Also, its been almost a week since I joined the forums.. why the hell can I not start my own topics yets? I have serious foundry questions I cant get answered and its about to make me stop playing the game if I can not get forum access ffs
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Playerhandle <removed> joined our guild and promptly stole hundreds of enchants, runes, and lockboxes as well as all the deposited gold.

This is not a whine thread. I screwed up by trusting someone and I don't expect to get our stuff back.

This is a warning to other guilds and players to avoid <removed>

That's a shame, Shouldn't give random people who just joined permission to remove items from the guild bank. Seems like common sense to me.
  • Options
    rebeldaddyrebeldaddy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry to hear
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Sorry but you may not post accusations such as this on the forums.

It's hardly fair to accuse somebody of theft when they are not here to defend themselves.
    I don't doubt your honesty but naming and shaming is just an unfair practice in general and is not permitted on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.