test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Companion Do You Use?

2»

Comments

• elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lkpr3 wrote: »
    thanks for the tip! where/how do i get the cat?

980k ADs from the Wondrous Bazaar
  • tadachetadache Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    980k ADs from the Wondrous Bazaar

Make sure to look under the Exotic tab. I *think* it's labeled Exotic. I'm not able to get in game right now. But it's not on the default tab that the vendor displays. Took me a long time to find it. d'oh! :)
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love the wizard companion, he often starts to laugh at enemies when they are controlled/frozen
    cleric was ok on lower levels when i didn't have much regen/life steal but tends to die on higher levels so much that you can't rely on her.
    dog well didn't seem so good. but only started level it at level 50ish.
    currently trying sellsword.
  • xyratrixxyratrix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many crit percent does cat give? Im thinking of buying one if it's worth it
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xyratrix wrote: »
    How many crit percent does cat give? Im thinking of buying one if it's worth it

+255, but the real value of the Cat is that you can give it three pieces of gear (ring, necklace, belt, so if you give it a ring with +300 crit), you also get those.

It is totally worth it.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • crussifycrussify Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am using the Phoera to level and it rocks. I got lucky and got it out of a NM box with only spending 5 bucks.
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    crussify wrote: »
    I am using the Phoera to level and it rocks. I got lucky and got it out of a NM box with only spending 5 bucks.

I also got lucky and got the Phoera. I had the man at arms and I really miss his as a tank. I am level 33 now and it just seems like the Phoera isn't putting out that much DPS. He is rank 11 now....

Also i found out that you can use high level items in your companions. Phoera is rocking a level 50 ring! :P
  • crussifycrussify Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    I also got lucky and got the Phoera. I had the man at arms and I really miss his as a tank. I am level 33 now and it just seems like the Phoera isn't putting out that much DPS. He is rank 11 now....

Also i found out that you can use high level items in your companions. Phoera is rocking a level 50 ring! :P

Nice on the ring. I hate to hear that about the Phoera. I am only 23 now so I guess I will need to be looking to upgrade soon. Mine is already level 8 though.
  • spr1nk3lsspr1nk3ls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use Man-at-Arms. He's a great tank and quite useful so far.

I use this and my wolf that I got with my Founders Pack. I rotate them so i can train one while using the other, works out nice.
    ?u=Spr1nk3ls
  • ijw473ijw473 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a badger named Silly Billy. He is a joke. Saddest thing ever is when he goes down. Looks so pathetic. QQ
  • lanhelinlanhelin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the time I use the Cleric, but for several encounters other companions like the Mage or Man-at-Arms are better. E.g. I died two times at the Boss in Helm's Hold Sewers (The Shepherd) with the Cleric at my side, due to the high amount of adds spawning during the fight, knocking her out nearly instantly. So I took the Mage and it was much easier to survive because of double AoE.
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lanhelin wrote: »
    So I took the Mage and it was much easier to survive because of double AoE.
    What does the mage companion do? (What abilities does it have?)
  • lanhelinlanhelin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tokse2 wrote: »
    What does the mage companion do? (What abilities does it have?)

Chilling Cloud (one shot blast AoE in 15 ft., ice damage, 1 Sec cd)
    Slowing (one shot circled burst AoE in 25 ft., arcane damage and slowing, 12 Sec cd)

all cds without +recovery
  • cyclopsslayercyclopsslayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saddest and most broken part of the Companions is there is no level limit in the gear they can wield. At L17 on my Wiz alt I bought the AD Cat, threw a cheap Purple L60 ring with a L7 enchant on it, and the L7 Exp gain Rune. Suddenly the Cat was adding +350 Crit, 155 Recovery and 155 Defense. Not all that special for a L60 character, but a L17?!? 33% Crit rate is simply OP that early.
  • kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Cleric makes soloing a joke.

Cat when you can afford it.
  • lone1egendlone1egend Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    +255, but the real value of the Cat is that you can give it three pieces of gear (ring, necklace, belt, so if you give it a ring with +300 crit), you also get those.

It is totally worth it.

Does it work that way with all the Companions; meaning the stats off of gear? I was considering buying the Ioun Stone of Allure, because I have a bunch of Zen and I'm too impatient to save up that much AD. If it works that way with just the Cat, I'll probably sell my Zen for AD and get the Cat then.

I personally like the idea of the Stone more, which is why I am asking.

EDIT: Nevermind found the answer on my own. Think thats a pretty sweet deal for having a non-combat pet, that you get all of their stats. Ioun Stone of Allure might be a little less then the cat in Crit % Recovery, but the plus to Power is also kinda nice.
  • kimblogiekimblogie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a panther an it works aparently.
  • thewobeythewobey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ioun stone, has the bonus of being cheaper, (as if you sell ad for zen you can get it for around 700-750k atm) And i like the relic slot over the belt. its easier to find a cheap and good relic then it is to find a good belt with the same stat coverage.

I slot my Ioun stone with rank 8 recovery runes, and then a rank 8 power transfer (sadly it doe snot work on items, but it's still better stats then anything else we could put in defensive)

For items, I have Crit/recovery/power Ring, necklace and relic (easy enough to just buy for 5-25k off ah) Or get them from seal vendors. I put in the enchant slots either recovery or crit. I find power to be very much not worth the investment if i can avoid. recovery / crit give more bang for the buck if you ask me (at least till 3000-4000 points)

I forget the numbers exactly but my stone gives me close to like 3000 or so total extra stats from items / augments + base stats.

However the whole cat vs stone debate. it really doesn't matter which you get the difference in stats is very small once you put items on. You should consider which is easier to get a good belt or a good relic.

Also a tip, since most endgame belts have + Health. Neither of the transfer pets transfer + health from items.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I tried a few during BW's and heard a lot of mocking about the gaurdian pack pet... but I really like it. Tickles (thats right b/c it tickles when he eats ur face) is my only pet now not even bothering with the others at this time.
    Edit~ Cyclopse is making me rethink the cat ... WOW!
  • gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Cat.
    Free 1200 Critical Strike is awesome.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • diansiuttidiansiutti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free 1200 crit
    Or free 900 power? whats better