test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best way to spend $20?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, so I don't much like the $20 pack they are offering, so was wondering what sorts of things you folks would recommend I spend $20 on? I definitely was a mount, (don't care if it's just one of the 500 Zen ones), but beyond that, what do you guys suggest, (if you could list the point break-down that'd be great, too)?

Thanks.
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kossanovadkossanovad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy zen, trade for AD or buy keys and sell the keys on the auction house for AD (whichever gives more; consider post fee+10% cut from AH).
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A pizza and some beer...

Seriously though, I'd wait it out till the inflation dies down a bit. At this point everything is too expensive.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    A pizza and some beer...

Seriously though, I'd wait it out till the inflation dies down a bit. At this point everything is too expensive.

Heh! Yeah... Maybe I'll give it a little while and see if they release a melee cleric, (since that's what I used to play in my PnP days).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    " beer and hookers " says BENDER
  • pwgupwgu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with 20 bucks i'd wait for tuesdays steam sale.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TBH I think if you can spend a bit more money the $60 Founder offer is very good value. If you only have $20 then if you hav a bit of patience I would simply trade it for AD and wait a while - with any luck the AD:Zen ratio will keep falling as the Founder packs AD get used up.

DISCLAIMER:
    This is not to be taken as investment advice and the AD:ZEN ratio may go up as well as down. :)
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Heh! Yeah... Maybe I'll give it a little while and see if they release a melee cleric, (since that's what I used to play in my PnP days).

Same here. I was hoping the Cleric would be less "WoW" priest and more melee DnD. But, I have to admit, the Cleric is really fun for a caster type. But if/when they do release the shield/mace version...I'm gonna be all over it.
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    gambooool with keys. If you're that type. If not, the aforementioned hookers and beer.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends on what kinds of things you like. If you're an alt-a-holic and/or really obsessed over crafting systems in games, extra character slots seems like a good choice. At which point the 500z horse becomes a better deal, since you get it on all your chars.

(also, if you're an obsessive packrat, extra character slots can substitute for bags. Make some extra characters & level them to 11 - you get the quest bag & crafting at level 10, and invoking at lv11. Storage space for anything you can mail - like all those runes & enchants - plus you can invoke & craft for a few minutes a day for extra diamonds. Plus trading in the celestial coins for enchant & profession packs to sell or use.)
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A month's subscription to Tera and five Coca-Cola's.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited May 2013
    Haha! Interesting insight into gamers' preferences here. I'll hold onto my cash for now and see what happens over the next few weeks, then.

PS: What's this Steam sale someone mentioned?
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    A pizza and some beer...

What inflation is that? The current inflation is with AD and is a result of all the foynder pack sales. The exhange started out at 500 to 1 and is now around 460 to 1 and dropping. If inflation is your concern then now is the time to buy zen if other pwe games and the current trajectory in this game id any indication. If you are buying items with zen directly than maybe it worth waiting for a special or lowered zen prices.....but that has nothing to do with inflation.
    edited May 2013
    Any other advice or suggestions? Anyone know if there are any sales coming up? Thanks again.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Any other advice or suggestions? Anyone know if there are any sales coming up? Thanks again.

Just had one the beginning of april . So about 3 more months till the next one . Save you money and try to have 50 bucks by then . The 50 dollar purchase gets bonus zen always , and 15% extra during the sale too .
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Just had one the beginning of april . So about 3 more months till the next one . Save you money and try to have 50 bucks by then . The 50 dollar purchase gets bonus zen always , and 15% extra during the sale too .

Sounds good. I'm really enjoying the game so far, so I will do what you suggest and keep my eyes open.