test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Open a PvP forum

xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
That way we can move all the whining into one centralized cesspit and actually maybe have a halfway productive section of the forum for good conversation.
Post edited by xantris on

Comments

• Options
    dwillbdwillb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just delete PvP from the game. DnD is about epic adventures against immeasurable odds, not some rock paper scissor arena match.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwillb wrote: »
    Just delete PvP from the game. DnD is about epic adventures against immeasurable odds, not some rock paper scissor arena match.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either. Would do a good bit to improve the community as well. If its anything like STO & CO the PvP community will die off pretty fast though, thankfully.
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not against PvP being there, I just don't want it to radically alter the PvE experience, especially since it will likely do that over and over and over. I don't even doubt there are balance issues, but they can't be solved quickly because it's a Team Effort, and you have to consider the effects on solo and PvE team play as well.

I think there are issues regarding some classes and solo play as well, but I realize the system is geared for team play and some classes will just be better at solo than others (I mean, how is a support class going to be great / the best / balanced at solo and still balanced for teams?).

I think the core concept is solid, there's probably some tweaking around the edges to be done, and maybe PvP areas can have some kind of buff / debuff if it's causing them too many issues. Or PvP shards, though that makes a lot less sense for people who do all three (PvE, Teams, PvP).

D&D 4 is designed for team play, period. I think some of the issues are expecting a tool to do what it wasn't intended to.
  • Options
    kato009kato009 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can give you an easy solution.....

Get rid of characters being able to pvp against other characters and instead let players be able to play a Monster.
    Can make it like a gladitorial thing.
    can have different categories too like solo v solo, solo v group, group v group, mass v mass, whatever.
    And you could even have special gear for characters bought with coins earned from pvp. And as a monster you could gain monster coins.
    Maybe start off by only having 2 or 3 monsters to choose from but as you gain more coins you could pay to unlock more monster types. Lots of potential here, I can see groups of "monsters" having an unbeaten streak and taunting players to group and and challenge them.
  • Options
    biohgenexbiohgenex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the solution is remove pvp
  • Options
    brokylbrokyl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ITT: PvE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mad they can't into PvP.

I do agree with the PvP section thing though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, looking at the way most PvP players are behaving on the forums, I changed my mind. Delete it. They can play LOL.

Edit: I take that back, they can stay if they can spell "rogue" correctly twice in a row. :)

Like I have anything to say about who stays or who goes. :) Don't even really care except the "nerfing" (that will always be) demanded affects PvE.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a PvP forum would be a good idea. I wouldn't hold my breathe for them to get rid of PvP as that brings and keeps more players in which potentially increases their income through cash shop.

What they need to do is flush out more PvE content. I did no foundries, like 2 skirmishes and 2 dungeons and all the storyline quests and I was 60 in like 4 days. That is way too fast of leveling. So aside from farming enchants and T2 armor all that is left to do is PvP, or level another alt for 4 days lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    I did no foundries, like 2 skirmishes and 2 dungeons and all the storyline quests and I was 60 in like 4 days.

Try switching to decaf. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    LOL But I have an Iced Coffee addiction and the decaf has an aftertaste
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    LOL But I have an Iced Coffee addiction and the decaf has an aftertaste

Make more new characters? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea I think I will try a GWF. I need to save a spot for warlock once its out though. I wish we could get a word on when thats happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    headwound01headwound01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got a gwf and still in the mid level range(27). I have been pvping a lot and usually seem to win most of the time. Can't tell if my presence in the arena is helping or hurting my party. I never score very high and rarely get kills, but always have the most assists. So from other classes point of view. Do you think gwf are good distraction tools or would you rather have a different class in PvP with you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GWF are aggressors and aggitators in that level range. You dont pack enough heat to really burn anyone down. But you can make multiple people go OH **** and back off of the control point. That's what I have been doing with my GWF so far. it works pretty nicely.
    I think a GWF in these levels played this way is helpful to the team. Taking the bulk of the enemies damage and cool downs and forcing them to back up and away, allowing your team to capture the point.

I honestly wish more people played like this in the 60 bracket. So I wouldnt have to go Kamikazee push CW. But everyone likes to sit back and wait because dying is so bad in a game apparently. Or 3 people go to capture home point.... still... even at 60... but thats an entirely different conversation.

Id say keep it up and I hope to see you in the Arena(If youre on Mindflayer lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People get so high on DnD like if it's any good writing. All of the quests in game are kill/ gather quest. Story is nowhere near to story level you could find in bioschock and to be honest even GuildWars2 have better story.

PvE it's fun, real fun but it's not like we can expect some good deep story from here. DnD sell that illusion that anyone can be a writer which is same as some people say to their children that "If you try hard you can be anyone you want".

And we later see quality of that...

So for all PvP haters I can say go read some good books and stop crying that pvp take away from game something.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    headwound01headwound01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One more question from a level 27 gwf. Mighty leap or not so fast for PvP. Mighty leap and I can close gaps on cw. If not they port away like puny cowards. OR keep not so fast and stop rogues from rolling away all day. What do you guys prefer? Or maybe you have a completely different power set you'd recommend.