test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Founder's pack is still available? Wasn't it supposed to end on the 5'th?

notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So will these packs be available forever now? Just asking, because I may get the Guardian one. No point in rushing if they don't go away though.

Thanks.
Post edited by notdrizzt on

Comments

• clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My guess is demand is still good so they giving it a bit extra time. My bet is they take them down soon and then not too long after replace with a cheaper packages that are similar.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've always said it ends on the 7th.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

I thought I had seen 5th in the past also. In another thread someone said it now says the 30th.
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No reason to even get the $200 pack at this point knowing what zen prices are. Even after buying the $200 pack you are gonna need way more from the game. I suggest buying zen and making your own pack instead if you insist of spending money on the packs.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE haven't milked enough money from it, obviously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

They had a countdown that ended on the 5'th. Not on the US site though. Now there is no countdown anymore. It jsut says "ends soon".
    stonedbill wrote: »
    No reason to even get the $200 pack at this point knowing what zen prices are. Even after buying the $200 pack you are gonna need way more from the game. I suggest buying zen and making your own pack instead if you insist of spending money on the packs.

Yeah, lots of HotN players are pissed off at how this was handled. A few in my guild warned me against it and suggested that I just buy Zen and turn them into AD at the epic 475 AD per Zen prices.

I am thinking the same thing now.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    So will these packs be available forever now? Just asking, because I may get the Guardian one. No point in rushing if they don't go away though.

Thanks.

Well as Founder's Packs tend to be available up untill launch and PWE have said it is only 'Open Beta' right now, who knows how long it could be till the 'official launch'.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, they originally said on their twitter that it was the 7th, but I guess things change...

The 30th, huh? Cryptic's normal "release day" is Thursday, so that makes sense from that angle.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    If Founder's pack's are still available, that means bad news for the AD/Zen exchange. If more people buy it, the exchange will get inflated even more than it's now.
    edited May 2013
    ascher11t wrote: »
    If Founder's pack's are still available, that means bad news for the AD/Zen exchange. If more people buy it, the exchange will get inflated even more than it's now.

Good news for me though. Just placed $50 worth Zen and already sold most of it. Expecting to have over 24500000 AD soon. That should last me a while since gear is going for dirt cheap on the AH.
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Good news for me though. Just placed $50 worth Zen and already sold most of it. Expecting to have over 24500000 AD soon. That should last me a while since gear is going for dirt cheap on the AH.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that's impressive.

Kind of sad that the $200 HotN pack is worse than simply spending $50 bucks on Zen.... Another victory for Cryptic/PWI.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lol.

Marketing 101.

Hurry sale ends soon!

5th rolls around we have extended it to the 30th by the unprecedented demand!
    edited May 2013

Fools and their money....
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Money and its' fools ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
    edited May 2013

Just because I spent $50 on a game I enjoy makes me a fool? My $50 > much more than the Founder $200 pack. Seems I made out pretty well.
    edited May 2013
    Kid I am talking about the ones buying your Zen. The Heros with their 2 mill burning a hole in their pocket. You did well.
    edited May 2013
    Just because I spent $50 on a game I enjoy makes me a fool? My $50 > much more than the Founder $200 pack. Seems I made out pretty well.
    Depends on how you value things, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Still buttsore over your purchase I see.
    :rolleyes:

Hey but at least you can provide us entertainment as the resident grumbletroll.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    Still buttsore over your purchase I see.
    :rolleyes:

Hey but at least you can provide us entertainment as the resident grumbletroll.
    Wishful thinking ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wishful thinking ;)

Each snarky comment you make proves otherwise. :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    19h left according to the German and French site.
  • lasto33lasto33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May 30th...hence 5/30
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    According to their Facebook page, May 9th is the last day for the current packs.
  • sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    Personally that was my thought before we knew. They were basing the prices off of the inflated value of too much needless junk.
    Forever and always forward
  • jvps3jvps3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like that they're waiting a month after release in order to give people the chance to see whether they like the game or not, and then decide if they want to spend money on the pack. I mainly like it because I'm in that group, lol.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

So what else have you sold to make up the other 20 million? $50 is 5000 zen (or 5300 if you count the bonus) - 5000 zen x 500 AD (max you can go) is 2,500,000 ... far from 24,500,000.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game looks gorgeous, but the lack of mouse-wheel-zoom is a show-stopper for me since it relegates NW to a console-port title. I was ready to drop $200 on the title until I loaded it yesterday and found this glaring issue. Are there any plans to correct it? If not, then I'll stay with STO...
    edited May 2013
    Kid I am talking about the ones buying your Zen. The Heros with their 2 mill burning a hole in their pocket. You did well.

Aaah lol, ok. Sorry about jumping on you.

Yeah, I am pretty happy with meself :cool:
    xaazx wrote: »
    So what else have you sold to make up the other 20 million? $50 is 5000 zen (or 5300 if you count the bonus) - 5000 zen x 500 AD (max you can go) is 2,500,000 ... far from 24,500,000.

HAHA I suck at math. I put in a little too many zero's there.
    edited May 2013
    Each snarky comment you make proves otherwise. :p
    So I'm not allowed to be a sarcastic <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> any more? :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    19h left according to the German and French site.

Aaah. Good to know!

So much conflicting information floating around.