test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Account Guard sends a new access number everytime I access Gateway

clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
This might be due to using two different computers to access the Gateway but everytime I've accessed today I've been asked to confirm and save the browser I'm using. The order of access:

One from my home computer (went right in since this was the only access since Saturday)

a few times from my work computer (four or five) and everytime it request confirmation.

I've entered the numbers sent everytime, saved the browser but it does not seem to remember the computer a few minutes after logging off.
Post edited by clannamuir on

Comments

• silverdovesilverdove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been getting this as well. I checked my professions and had to get the key, I logged into the game and played for a while and then logged out. Guess what happened the second I tried to check my professions again. ... Tried logging into the cryptic help area from that page, and guess what, I had to get the code again...
  • keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem. I access the gateway from my computer at home and at work. For both situations I have to fill in the one-time-code-that-is-not-so-one-time-at-all every day or so.

I do allow cookies (but not from third party sites).
  • ldillirhldillirh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also experiencing this problem. The save computer box is always checked, yet I have to enter a code every time I try to log in to the gateway.
  • styxslethestyxslethe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same for me, i have it for almost a week now
  • keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    keldinnl wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I access the gateway from my computer at home and at work. For both situations I have to fill in the one-time-code-that-is-not-so-one-time-at-all every day or so.

I do allow cookies (but not from third party sites).

Update: It seems to reset once per day. Got home from work, logged into game fine, logged out to do something else and logged in into the gateway, same on time code popup.
  • yoeduuhyoeduuh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the code message <every> time I go into Gateway from several different systems - two computers, iPad, and Android phone. After entering the code they work ok, but as soon as I log out and go back in, I get the code message again, if I it is an immediate re-entry on the same device.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep really annoying since now I'm using the gateway while at work ;)
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the same issue
  • neun10marc80neun10marc80 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, I also get the "every-time-code" each time I try to log in on Win8 tablet. I thought the cookies settings might be the issue, but meanwhile I even added the gateway to the list of save sites... still having the problem.
  • ldillirhldillirh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still is happening to me, is this even being read?
  • aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :mad:It's definitely a cookie issue. I've added explicit rules to allow for "playneverwinter.com" and "perfectworld.com" to the sites to "always allow." It only happens on one of my PCs, and not the other. It would be really great if they'd tell us which domain name saves the cookie.
  • devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the same problem as everyone except the code is never sent to my email. Nope, it's not in the spam folder. Clearing the cache hasn't helped. Well, there goes browsing the AH at work.