test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When will drow be released for free players?

jimmie2jimmie2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As title states. I've been told 2 weeks to 2 months and would finally like some solid info. thanks for all those who help.

Comments

• psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least 60 days after release is the latest word as far as I am aware.

From http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ:

What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

What Races are available in Neverwinter?

The current options are Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Tiefling, Drow, Dwarf, Halfling, and Half-Orc. For full descriptions and pictures, check out our Races page here. Please note that Menzo-Renegade Drow will be exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchasers, while regular drow will become available for everyone after 60 days post-launch.

Will it cost ZEN to unlock additional Races and Classes?

All the available races at launch will be free. We are planning to release the regular Drow for free post-launch (after at least 60 days to allow for Founder's Pack exclusivity). Note that only the regular Drow race will become available; the Menzoberranzen Renegade will always remain exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psireaver wrote: »
    At least 60 days after release is the latest word as far as I am aware.

From http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ:

What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

The following is MY PERSONAL GUESS on what NWN will do with "alternate Drow race"
    It will likely be a pack that players can buy for Zen. I don't think they will release it free (since it is optional race) I can see that in the future races will probably also be in Zen Packs.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.