test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Low level skirmishes - Please allow people to queue for them

vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please allow people to queue for low level skirmishes granted that they may not receive diamond bonuses from them but at least allow them to complete it so that they can get their achievements.
Post edited by vestige321 on

Comments

• clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agree.......
  • vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I also think that they should allow users to go back to old instances to pick up all the lore they missed. It's not fun worrying that you might have missed something and will never be able to get it back.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quit doing dailies because , I would out level the zones. Each zone seems to give a title , and I want them all :P
  • vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lol ya. I might just reroll just because im a completionist :P I outleveled a zone one skirmish >< Wish I didn't have to but I don't think Cryptic will ever allow this.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Lol ya. I might just reroll just because im a completionist :P I outleveled a zone one skirmish >< Wish I didn't have to but I don't think Cryptic will ever allow this.

Maybe not but I hope they see the errors of there ways. I hey dont need to have outleveled ones give you credit towards dailies or anything, but at least let us do the content.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it's what I was thinking. No need for any rewards at all for the player outlvling the content but at least let us complete them for achievements etc.
  • rekragrekrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For lower level dungeons you can get into them (but you can't use the queue system).
    If in a party with 1+ characters above the dungeon level, you must ALL get to the dungeon entrance to get in.

Annoying, but at least possible.

For lower level skirmishes, I have not found a way (yet) /sigh
  • pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agree

I would really like a way to do outleveled skirmishes and dungeons. Sometimes I outlevel a dungeon before finishing the zone it is in and getting the quest to do it. Maybe the levels of the dungeons should be re-evaluated too.
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    epic skirmishes!
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a simple fix for this would be to make titles account bound.

That way if you miss a skirmish (cuz you can easily go back and do old zones or dungeons) you can just make sure to catch it while leveling an alt or something.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pansapien wrote: »
    /agree

I would really like a way to do outleveled skirmishes and dungeons. Sometimes I outlevel a dungeon before finishing the zone it is in and getting the quest to do it. Maybe the levels of the dungeons should be re-evaluated too.

You can go to any dungeon you've outleveled.

You just can't queue for it is all.

They exist in the world. Solo'd cloak tower the other day. Just continue the zone, pick up the quest and do it.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rekragrekrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A quick fix, I believe, would be to have an NPC in the appropriate area: talk to him and you get the option of starting the skirmish solo or with your current group. Just like out-leveled dungeons
    edited May 2013
    rekrag wrote: »
    A quick fix, I believe, would be to have an NPC in the appropriate area: talk to him and you get the option of starting the skirmish solo or with your current group. Just like out-leveled dungeons

This would actually be a good idea
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    I quit doing dailies because , I would out level the zones. Each zone seems to give a title , and I want them all :P

This..

Im about to stop bothering doing them as well, 2/3 of the pit done for my dailies and level up and i can no longer do it..
    I mean ffs come on Cryptic sort this mess out..

I have missed Dungeons/skirmish all because ive been following your own quest line Cryptic so for doing so im now locked out of the queue system its just ridonkulous:(

I really really like this game but some of the glitches/bugs/exploits really are turning me off it which is highly annoying..lol
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Never allows it?

If they don't it's one of the most absolutely stupid things I have ever seen put into a game.

Locking people out of content in an MMO is dumb on it's own, but making it tied to level is even worse. There are parts of the game I can never see if I wish to play 1 character? Achievements? Titles? Lore?

It's quite baffling actually that this even works like this in the first place. I would think a normal human being would have stopped in the middle of coding this and scratched his head, "wait, no one above lvl X can ever see this content? WTF DEVS, MEETING, NOW!"
    cROpbBa.png
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bump. this would be so easy to put in. please do not block content forever. not ever a good idea
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see level 60 versions of every Skirmish in the game.

both Regular and Hard Mode versions.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I support this for the fact we can outlevel them so fast, and being able to help our lower levelled friends and guild mates out.
  • stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Just discovered this issue myself. I had not looked at the achievements tab until today. I have two characters above the level to queue for some skirmishes and didn't realize they are part of a title unlock. I suppose if I reroll my characters it won't be too bad getting them back to where they are, but players should be made more aware of this issue, especially those who live for achievements. Those responsible for the inability to finish skirmishes once out leveled, making it impossible to finish achievements, receive a failing grade for that project.
  • yoimtehrea1yoimtehrea1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i definitely agree. epic or level 60 skirmishes would be amazing. i hate how i missed achievements and can never get them now on my first toon. and i don't want to re-roll them just to be able to get the achievement please find a way to fix this cryptic.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love skirmishes, they're quick, nice ways to go and do something with a group. They don't feel as repetitive as dungeons, at least imo.

But major YES to EPIC skirmishes.

After level 35ish or so, I hardly get any queue for a skirmish, let alone doing three to get the daily. I outlevel it much too fast, just by questing. Add a few dungeon runs and pvp in there and there's just no way to complete it for your daily, if you're lucky enough to even get in one.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Couldn't agree more. There are so many good arguments for this. It would give bored lvl 60s something more to do and it would allow the perfectionists to get their missing achivement points.

If you skipped a dungeon it is easy...just go back and walk in - Cloak Tower is trivial to solo, Cragmire Crypts is pretty easy to solo, and for the other you can always find a group will to go through it with a lvl 60.

...but... for the skirmishes - if you skipped them, that's it.

Just give us an option to get a "scaled" version of the skirmish - shouldn't be too hard to implement.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • shandriltlshandriltl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just provide a way to "enter" the skirmish just like you can for dungeons. Scaled version or epic version that counts towards it could work too. Just preserve a way to get the zone completion and lore achievements by allowing access to the skirmish content. Or at the very least loosen the level requirements for it. 2-3 levels above should not be too high to enter.

I had gotten every zone achievement up until Ebon Downs but missed the skirmish at level 38 while halfway done with the other quests for this zone. Skirmish queue not popping for an hour before that really rubbed salt onto the wound.

Current solution is to wait and do nothing to make sure you don't outlevel it or forget about the zone completions. Once you miss out on one zone completion because of outleveling the skirmish, it becomes completely useless to get other zone completions since you won't be able to get the final achievement no matter what. Maybe that's why fewer and fewer people queue skirmish as they reach higher levels. 100% self-defeating setup. You want more opportunities for people to group together, not fewer.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Great idea - so many times I miss Skirmish just because **** level restrictions. XP gain is very high so it's very easy to miss some content.
  • hakraidhakraid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bump. Please add a level 60 version for all skirmishes.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    hakraid wrote: »
    Bump. Please add a level 60 version for all skirmishes.

Well, it's already done via Call to Arms events, which will be regular, assuming to devs posts.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ditto - the Assault is not hard and a GF and DC are not needed. So why do we have to wait for them. Even in a party we wait overn an hour. MY GF gets in Instantly.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Once it's been run for the event, with luck the event version without the drops should become the normal or at least an optional version of this skirmish & end the issue for 1 of them.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I don't see why not.... It is not our fault you can level 10 levels before a single Skirmish pops. I have gone entire skirmish bonus hour and not gotten into a single skirmish and when you can do that you know there is a problem.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've suspected all along that the CTA event is also a test run to see how well skirmishes work when you remove the level requirements; I knew about it from the preview shard and assumed that's what it was for. Have the devs said anything to that extent? If they did I missed it.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
This discussion has been closed.