test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

High Ping

solemfsolemf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi guys, anyone experiencing high ping right now?

I am based in Singapore , but never experienced any lag issues till today.

Reached 1k ping constantly.

Is it just me?
Post edited by solemf on

Comments

• Options
    spazy1spazy1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some stupid reason they have made 3 servers ALL IN US-E so everyone other then us and europe have good ping. Hosting isnt that expencive in australia anymore nor in singapore. why do they stuff them selfs other by pissing us off with 300+ ping?

pvp is unplayable.
  • Options
    solemfsolemf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is weird considering for the last 3-4 days, the game play WAS fantastic. no lag or delay whatever so. However, the moment I log in today, it took me 4 mins to log into a foundry game, and also I was rubberbanding all over.

the receiving part of my netgraph report shows a value between 300 - 1200, and also spikes to millions at times.

I wondered what did they do over at server side...
  • Options
    aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spazy1 wrote: »
    For some stupid reason they have made 3 servers ALL IN US-E so everyone other then us and europe have good ping.
    166ms is not "good" (Germany)

To see your real latency, type in /netgraph 1
  • Options
    solarsail0rsolarsail0r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solemf wrote: »

Is it just me?

Nope, not just you.. It's happening to me also.

Only started today.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You are Singaporean or Oceanic too? I reckon they wanted more bandwidth for their European based players :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oceanic (Australia) you're probably right! :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sigh and I just bought a founders pack yday... waste of my money to play a game so lag.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be ok now! Try again mate.
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solemf wrote: »

Is it just me?

Seems like its not just to neverwinter server. The whole latency to US is very laggy atm. Im not sure if this is our isp problem or globally.
  • Options
    ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    spazy1 wrote: »
    For some stupid reason they have made 3 servers ALL IN US-E so everyone other then us and europe have good ping.

Servers are all around the world.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ascher11t wrote: »

Wrong.

All three 'shards' (one server) is located in the USA.

And if you're having pings that seem off of something, try going into the main Launcher (where it patches the client), select Options on the top, and chose a different option in the Proxy section (None or US or EU). For some people this helps. Or makes things worse. Give it a whirl and see what happens.
  • Options
    kaptenkulakaptenkula Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On what level +/- can u go into your first instance and what is the name of that instance?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Wrong.

All three 'shards' (one server) is located in the USA.

Wrong.

Shards are made up of servers, which are located all around the world. The ping for EU players comes because those servers have to communicate with US main server.

Don't talk about something you've no clue about.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't talk about something you've no clue about.

Which you clearly have right here.

WoW? Yes, that has servers all over the world. Which you also pick at character creation, and are all clearly marked (at least as far as country goes if memory serves).

Cryptic's games? One server farm, one location. Period. I'm sorry you refuse to believe this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Which you clearly have right here.

WoW? Yes, that has servers all over the world. Which you also pick at character creation, and are all clearly marked (at least as far as country goes if memory serves).

Oh god your ignorance is astounding. WoW's realms are stationed around the world, yes, but those players, can't connect with eachother. For example, take EU players, they have their own servers, but they cannot connect with US players if both of them are playing on different server regions.

It's completely different architecture from WoW to Neverwinter. Neverwinter has servers all around the world, but those servers are required to communicate with the main server, which is US server, so people all around the world can play with each other. Do you understand now?
    Cryptic's games? One server farm, one location. Period. I'm sorry you refuse to believe this.

Of course I refuse to believe this, because it's factually incorrect. Only conspiracy theorists[those who believe that 9/11 was an inside job] believe something which has no standing in reality.

EDIT: If you were to say that EU or other regions had no central server, which let people play with each other, then you'd be correct. But now you are not correct, because you said that only US has servers.
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of interest, do you have any -proof- that Cryptic has servers in different locations around the world, or are you just assuming so, because "that's what other MMO companies do"

As someone who's been playing Cryptic games since Champions Online was in beta, I have to say, I've only ever heard that Cryptic have US servers and every connects to them.

They have proxies in different places. That's not the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    savagegreywolfsavagegreywolf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh god your ignorance is astounding. WoW's realms are stationed around the world, yes, but those players, can't connect with eachother. For example, take EU players, they have their own servers, but they cannot connect with US players if both of them are playing on different server regions.

It's completely different architecture from WoW to Neverwinter. Neverwinter has servers all around the world, but those servers are required to communicate with the main server, which is US server, so people all around the world can play with each other. Do you understand now?

Of course I refuse to believe this, because it's factually incorrect. Only conspiracy theorists[those who believe that 9/11 was an inside job] believe something which has no standing in reality.

EDIT: If you were to say that EU or other regions had no central server, which let people play with each other, then you'd be correct. But now you are not correct, because you said that only US has servers.

You're a moron.

You can connect to a server anywhere in the world FROM anywhere in the world, you don't need to have one in the same region you live in. The benefit to having a server in the same region is lower ping times.
  • Options
    isukosanisukosan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013

It doesn't matter, you are playing with words ... The fact is all players expect the US have bad ping (between 170 and 300). For PvE it's ok, but in PvP it sux hard...
  • Options
    syfinsyfin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I live in the US and have consistent 150 ping whats the deal?
  • Options
    jezza221jezza221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was just playing then in wolfs den dungeon and i must say the last boss is impossible with my ping bouncing between 300-1200 ping im from australia, this has made the game virtually un-playable so i shall wait till they fix their shards
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jezza221 wrote: »
    this has made the game virtually un-playable so i shall wait till they fix their shards

Ive got bad news for you, i saw an admin in other thread who said that servers are working fine and there are no plans to fix/add new servers. So it sucks to be you.. and me... and everyone else outside of US.
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The servers are in Boston. East Coast USA. Nobody but US people are happy. Probably even the West Coast US people aren't too thrilled.
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not just people from other countries geting lag some people in the usa are too like me
  • Options
    bh3lliombh3lliom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm done with the game till they fix this.

Tried a foundry quest that required me to move up a set of stairs with 700-1500 ping...?
    Took about 20 minutes before I gave up.

Almost destroyed my laptop, stopped, took a breath and decided to just log out.

Not worth it.
  • Options
    fleshcuttingfleshcutting Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syfin wrote: »
    I live in the US and have consistent 150 ping whats the deal?

I live in the EU and my ping also show a constant 150 but that is not true. It is broken for some reason. Today i would guess my ping is at around 250-400 because of all the rubberbanding and delay on skills etc.
  • Options
    zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if it because of my ping, or the animation of AoE is slower that actual count of damage itself.
    But i have numerous times seen myself out of a red ring, and still got damage
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same I just died from that... completely unplayable right now, too laggy.

Getting closer and closer to considering getting my money back.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah died again on the same fight last boss in the "Temple of Primordial", it's impossible do when you take damage when you shouldn't!!!

I give up.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there ever a moment when the ping isn't high in this game?
  • Options
    ctxxxxxxxctxxxxxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aendaeron wrote: »
    166ms is not "good" (Germany)

To see your real latency, type in /netgraph 1

Here too, Germany. And ****ing eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com & eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com dont worked.
This discussion has been closed.