test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dual Spec

ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey,

Does anyone know if Dual Spec will become available in the future? I'm not paying Zen to change from PvP to PvE specs everytime I fancy something different and as I focus on one spec it becomes hard to do the other at a decent enough standard to compete.
Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
PvE Enthusiast.
mbre6g.jpg
Post edited by ashrox10 on

Comments

• zaafenzaafen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm with you, I hope they implement this. But I'm pretty sure they wont. Played alot of "china" games and it seems they don't like these "easy-to-play" things.
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes this pve/pvp ofc you cant go with same points to all of them. but my guess would be dont get the hopes up. either buy zen and change them every hour. or choose one
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could always get some cheap character slots, and make a character for each playstyle (given that leveling to 60 doesn't seem to be very long/hard if you do one of the fast-leveling methods.)

Or not care enough about one of the two playstyles so that you don't feel the need to be "the best" at each of them on the same character.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Or not care enough about one of the two playstyles so that you don't feel the need to be "the best" at each of them on the same character.

When you're playing a single target PvP CW build and join an AoE heavy instance you need to be able to do both. :(
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    You could always get some cheap character slots, and make a character for each playstyle (given that leveling to 60 doesn't seem to be very long/hard if you do one of the fast-leveling methods.)

I am with you on this one.
    Thats what i will do.
    PVE char and PVP char.
    Since its really fast to level up anyway

but this doesn't make me in favor of this system. i think its terrible.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agree, some official reply would be nice.
    especialy with the new arena/dungeon coming.
    now i feel a bit ashamed doing low dps in dungeons, because i changed spec from long and strong dots and defense breakdown to the quicker bigger faster crits for pvp.
    when the new things come i would do ok in arena but less in the dungeon, i would even be afraid all the time, people complaining maybe and stuf. and i have to say i`m in pvp spec ? :s
    i don`t mind if it will be a zen product to buy the 2nd spec.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^Agreed. Almost every class has a certain build for Dungeons and a certain build for PvP. If you wanna hop onto to PvP for an hour or two before Dungeon Delves your not gonna spend $6 for those two hours of pvp then another $6. Your just gonna suffer through pvp with your Dungeon build and complain pvp blows because you can't trahsed by everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well you could always make two characters but then you couldn't complain.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they don't implement this. It's a cheesy thing WoW created and it has poisoned many MMOs since.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Different toolbar setups like Rift would be cool . Not actually respecting , but one button to change out my selected attacks . With a cool down of course.
  • trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    LOL Hey get real buddy. You want dual spec. Well i guess if you could buy it from the zen store for say 50 bucks i could see that in the future
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Different toolbar setups like Rift would be cool . Not actually respecting , but one button to change out my selected attacks . With a cool down of course.

While I would like this, i don't think it would fit in with the D&D rules. Disclaimer, IDK the V4e rules. From what I remember from V1 players were limited to only a few skills while adventuring.
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    Well you could always make two characters but then you couldn't complain.

hmm, 20 relogs after coming 20vs20 arena for dungeon.
    edited May 2013
    LOL Hey get real buddy. You want dual spec. Well i guess if you could buy it from the zen store for say 50 bucks i could see that in the future

i don`t know if i should reply to this ;p but ok.
    ok then, no not 50 ;p
    but a little ;p like maybe a little more then a respec token.