test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bugged Feat] Neverwinter - Control Mage

mrosvallmrosvall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Edit: Ugh... Control Wizard....

Hello there.

I have found that the last Feat in the Renegade tree is bugged.

The skill Chaos Magic gives your Magic Missiles a chance to apply one of three debuffs. One of the debuffs is called Chaotic Growth. That debuff is meant to heal all allies that is close to the debuffed target by 3% hp per second for 10 seconds. However, what it does now is that it heals all the enemies close to the debuffed target by 3%, once (and not 10 times).

Taking this feat in a dungeon for an endboss will basically force the wizard to not attack the boss with magic missiles, else the boss will heal for several hundreds of thousands hp during the course of the fight.

Here's some others that have noticed this bug: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1drj1b/chaotic_growthchaos_magic_healing_enemies/
Post edited by mrosvall on

Comments

• tighorantighoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed, really annoying bug, please fix it ASAP.
  • ansharseraphimansharseraphim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only is the healing portion of the Chaos Magic feat not working/applying to foes instead of allies, it seems the other buffs/debuffs may not be working properly.

Would you please just disable the healing entirely until you can fix the issue? As it stands a Control Wizard has to respec to be able to DPS a boss, which is ridiculous.
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol this is just wow... they should get free respecs...
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IT wont let me make a thread zz
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But the GF Knights valor is bugged also... when you use the skill randomly it will lock up an keep blinking red an u wont be able to use it for the rest of the instance
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I noticed this feat not working correctly today as well. I hope this is on the fast track to be fixed because I don't have the cash to buy the diamonds to respec out of it while I wait for it to be fixed.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    from what I gather, cryptic needs to review all class feats to verify they are working properly.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I could not get the heal on mobs to proc...
    But I noticed that the power buff you can get is clipped by the next debuff proc. (Heal or Mig reduction will remove power buff before 10 sec if its up)
    Like literally if you got another proc after the first one it changes the buff. (Since it says it supposed to last 10 sec that cant be right.) Completely busted ability.
    The only way around it I found was to trigger it on different mobs; which is not very efficient since there is no sign of a buffed gained... All you can see is the icon for the debuff on the mob. Which is kind of funny anyway; if I can trigger all 3 with 2+ mobs why is it just not all built into casting the debuff period. Debuff Mig and gain power and a 3% heal for 10 sec. Maybe drop in a CD on it or something.
  • roflafelroflafel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all I can't seem to make threads yet so I thought I'd post here..

I'm having an issue where I've spent 20 feat points but the paragon (3) tree branches are highlighted but will not allow me to put feat points into them. Is this a bug or what?
  • mvyonlinemvyonline Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I has worked, but it's not working anymore.

I had the feat proc like a week ago. Now there is no message anymore when I hit with magic missile.
  • greznessgrezness Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So this feat is completely broken?

If i were to take it would my CW be ruined?