test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Large exp imbalance between dungeons and quests

pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure which one is "right" and which is "wrong", but you level disproportionately faster questing rather than dungeon crawling. Not sure if quest exp needs a nerf or dungeon exp needs a buff.
Post edited by pilotmike on

Comments

• kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You left out the biggest issue of PvPing giving the most xp.

But dungeons defently need more incentive to be run. Dungeons generally take about an hour, and give about half a level worth of xp from my experiance. In an hour of questing I can get two levels or more. Also the blues you get from dungeoning aren't that great. I was very excited when I got a blue sword from a dungeon on my GWF but after two levels I got a green item that smoked it out of the water.
    Another solution would be to give some quest tie ins to the dungeons. Maybe adding one or two quest for each dungeons that give a decent amount of experiance as well as blue rewards.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kayl72 wrote: »

But dungeons defently need more incentive to be run. Dungeons generally take about an hour, and give about half a level worth of xp from my experiance. In an hour of questing I can get two levels or more. Also the blues you get from dungeoning aren't that great. I was very excited when I got a blue sword from a dungeon on my GWF but after two levels I got a green item that smoked it out of the water.
    Another solution would be to give some quest tie ins to the dungeons. Maybe adding one or two quest for each dungeons that give a decent amount of experiance as well as blue rewards.

You are very wrong. Questing gives the best xp and gear rewards. Nothing else even comes close.

But yes, dungeons and skirmishes should give better rewards, as should PvP.
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    kayl72 wrote: »

PVP is probably the fastest from 10-16 but after that questing destroys it. You can almost keep a pace of a level every 20 minutes while questing.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You are very wrong. Questing gives the best xp and gear rewards. Nothing else even comes close.

I think doing those "training ground" of foundry quests is probably faster than questing, but I haven't tested it because it's a little dull, in my opinion.

As for dungeons, well, there are two sides to this. If they gave substantial amounts of XP, you might faster outlevel the zones, which then makes questing less enjoyable because mobs would be grey already and question icons would disappear. I look at dungeons as ways to get blue gear while leveling, and really, just as a break to play with some other folks.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • serotonergicserotonergic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Just do the ridiculous foundry maps. You can probably 1-60 in one day with them. I know it's possible to do 50-60 in just an hour.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    As for dungeons, well, there are two sides to this. If they gave substantial amounts of XP, you might faster outlevel the zones, which then makes questing less enjoyable because mobs would be grey already and question icons would disappear. I look at dungeons as ways to get blue gear while leveling, and really, just as a break to play with some other folks.

I agree with this. I'd rather have less XP for dungeons and skirmishes.
  • slaadarslaadar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do the ridiculous foundry maps. You can probably 1-60 in one day with them. I know it's possible to do 50-60 in just an hour.

Which ones? Can you explain with specific foundry quests and how they can give out so much exp?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I've been avoiding the foundry "training" maps figuring that they'll eventually be considered an exploit and the ban hammer might fall. Has there been any dev comments on this one way or the other?
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aren't Foundry missions approved or whatever before they are even playable? I don't see how it would be banable to play them anyway. There are enemies and you kill them. Where's the exploit? It's not like leveling in this game is even difficult to begin with.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I agree with this. I'd rather have less XP for dungeons and skirmishes.

And foundry. I'd like to do the dailies for AD, but keep overleveling the quests when I do that.
  • caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do all the content.
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well what maps I've tried I got to one of my alts like 2 levels every 15 mins - and she's tiny alt (lvl 18 atm). So most likely will slow down quite rapidly and dull indeed. Redoing some ogres whole night, yeww.