test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

===Night's Embrace=== RP Guild [Dragon]

ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
8Vh52Et.png

A hidden blade. A whispered word. A quick flash of fingers in a pocket.

Night's Embrace is a band of the... less savory citizens of Faerun. Those who aren't above ending a life for a few coins, or helping themselves to someone's hard earned money. Those who sell secrets to the highest bidder.

Night's Embrace has been around for as long as anyone can really remember. Parents warn misbehaving children that "Night's Embrace is watching", and peasants and nobles alike fear to wander alone after dark.

Night's Embrace has hands, and eyes, and blades everywhere. Many political advances throughout history at least partially found success through the subtle assistance of Night's Embrace.

Night's Embrace accepts absolutely anyone into their ranks, as long as they can prove their usefulness. And if the average citizen knew just how many ordinary-seeming people really owed allegiance to Night's Embrace...

Some people join Night's Embrace to get rich, others because they crave power, or glory. And some because they love the feel of their blade sinking into an unsuspecting back. Whatever their reason, they find no judgements in Night's Embrace. Just family.

Those who wish to join Night's Embrace must first find a way to contact the shadowy organization. Many do not pass even this first test. Those who do, are successful through streetwise and determination. They ask the right people the right questions, and eventually find themselves being given a scrap of paper with an address written upon it in spiky handwriting, small and cramped. Some find this note in their pocket, with no idea who it got there. Others are approached by scruffy children with solemn eyes that have seen too much, or find the note waiting in their home on the hall table.

From there, the potential member need only show up at the given location. They will be approached, always by a cloaked figure who asks one question:

"When all is dark, how do you see?"

If the individual has done their research well, they will be able to answer thusly:

"With Night's Embrace."

Any other answer results in a most... unfortunate situation.

Once welcomed into Night's Embrace, new members are greeted warmly, and many in the guild refer to their peers as "brother" or "sister". Superiors are often called "mother" or "father" by those beneath them.

Members of Night's Embrace must be willing to die to protect the secrets of the organization and its members. All new initiates are given a fast-acting poison, and are expected to use it if captured.

Do you believe that you have what it takes to join this unusual, yet powerful family?

++++++

Night's Embrace is a medium/high roleplay guild on the Dragon Shard. We accept people of any race or class, level 10 or above. Our only requirements are a good attitude and willingness to roleplay. All roleplaying is done in 3rd person.

++++++

In-Character Rules

1. Treat your family with respect always. Call contemporaries your sibling; those above you, your parent.

2. Your life for Night's Embrace - always. Die to protect our secrets and the secrets of fellow family members.

3. Night's Embrace acts as one in all matters of politics. Take the family's position - you do not have your own.

Out of Character Rules

1. Respect your fellow guild members. No racist, homophobic, sexist or otherwise cruel and/or inciting talk will be tolerated.

2. Try to keep in-game guild chat in character. Only speak OOC if absolutely necessary. Always put OOC chat in double parenthesis ((like so)). If at all possible, use PMs for all OOC chat.

3. On our guild website forum, only chat OOC in designated OOC areas!

4. Do not be hateful to new guild members. If they unknowingly break a rule or do something wrong, teach them the right thing to do, or be quiet. We will not tolerate rudeness to the uneducated!

5. Your superior's word is law. If you do not agree with something they have said or done, send a message to the owner and she will address the situation personally.

++++++

If you would like to join Night's Embrace, or want to see more about our guild, check out our website!
Post edited by ladywillow15 on

Comments

• ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are open for applications!
    edited May 2013
    Currently filling high-ranking positions in the guild. If interested, let someone know after your application is accepted! We want this guild to be the best possible, and to do that we need help from experienced players!
    edited May 2013
    I see that we have had quite a few views on this topic, yet no applicants yet. If you take a pass on this guild, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me why you decided to go another direction. I want this guild to be as good as it can be, so I'll need feedback.

Thanks, everyone.
  • blackrose318blackrose318 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm new to Neverwinter, just started getting my feet wet, but definitely interested. I have been an active member of the RP community since original Everquest although life has been busy of late. I'm looking to observe the server a bit more before I make a commitment, but hopefully I'll see you in game so we can chat a bit more.
    edited May 2013
    Great! Feel free to add me as a friend in-game, at the very least I can help you if you have any questions. :) My in-game name is LadyWillow151@ladywillow156 I do believe.
  • aavok21aavok21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm... Interesting.
    Can I get the Timezone for most of the guild members?
    edited May 2013
    aavok21 wrote: »
    Hm... Interesting.
    Can I get the Timezone for most of the guild members?

So far, three of us are Central Time, and I'm not sure about the fourth member. Ideally, we'd like to eventually have members of all different time zones, so there is always someone online to play with. :)
  • blackknight52blackknight52 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are open for applications!

Can I join this is my character name xZodiac I'm new tho so still sucks....
    edited May 2013
    Can I join this is my character name xZodiac I'm new tho so still sucks....

If you are level 10+ and are willing to roleplay, feel free to check the website out and submit an application!
    edited May 2013
    Things are starting to pick up with our guild!

Also, whoever applied as Ferverus Karuna, you were accepted, but did not supply your Neverwinter account name, so we can't send you an invite yet. Please, let me know your Neverwinter account name (something@something else) so we can get the guild invite to you!
    edited May 2013
    We are hoping to do some PVP together soon...
    edited May 2013
    Congrats to Nibb of the Kins for getting his first mount! :D