test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry map bugged?

fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey all! I published my quest today.
How its supposed to work: I enter a door from Protectors Enclave, get an item needed, leave door back to Protectors Enclave, leave Protectors Enclave to my Custom Map, Complete objectives and come back to claim reward.

How Its working now: I enter a door from Protectors Enclave, get an item needed, leave door back to Protectors Enclave, and the quest disappears! I could not get it again because it said I was already on that quest. I could not see it anywhere in my log. I thought I did something wrong. I checked and ran through the test play just fine. So I restarted the client and the quest reappeared. At that point I was able to complete it.

I'm not sure if this is because I have to meet minimum criteria for general use (Foundry Review List)? Or because of something else?

Anyway some help here, would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
Post edited by fromover on

Comments

• nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, this seems to have been happening for a day or two now. Any map transition seems to have a chance of disappearing the quest from your log...
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been like this since the alpha, so this is nothing new. Incredibly frustrating though, both for authors and players.
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, just started having the same issue here. Never seemed to have much of an issue with transitions before, but having just made a quest that takes you to several of the districts to pick up items, it's glaringly obvious and in fact breaks the entire quest. So, I have the option of either scratching that part (which was meant to allow players to keep the quest as the play through those areas anyway), or just use a bunch of boring NPCs in the Enclave over-and-over. Completely exiting the game and going back in fixes the issue, but it picks right back up again the next time i go to a different Neverwinter map.

Extremely frustrating is an understatement after having spent quite some time trying to get this quest up and running, especially when everything in my test playthroughs were fine and the issue didn't seem to be there a couple days ago.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm glad to see it's not on my end. Now if we can get the DEVS to address this, that would be awesome!;)
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I got problem like this in my quest yesterday and two days ago. Today it works fine.

Also, this happens only in Neverwinter maps and only if there is no objective on it. Try add marker and objective "reach point". It may works this way. No guarantee.
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    I got problem like this in my quest yesterday and two days ago. Today it works fine.

Also, this happens only in Neverwinter maps and only if there is no objective on it. Try add marker and objective "reach point". It may works this way. No guarantee.

My issue was happening even with objectives in the actual Neverwinter Maps. For reference, my quest is "Echoes of Providence Part 3." I had set the player to talk to certain NPCs throughout five areas, all of whom are reachable directly on the main map for those zones without zoning in to taverns or whatever. Basically, they were on the set list of NPCs for those areas that Cryptic allows you to select as an objective. I've since added their own custom houses within those zones, but that didn't work either. The journal and quest sidebar loss happens directly on zone-in. You can re-zone several times and eventually the quest will be back in your journal- it never is really "dropped," just hidden - but it's a fairly big quest-breaking bug for people that don't know to do that. If you try to complete the objective without it listed in your journal or sidebar, it creates an infinite loops; you keep getting the required item, and the NPC can just be talked to over and over without an Objective Complete.

The intention was to create a Foundry that people could quest with alongside the actual game quests, picking up items they need for my Foundry as they level up or play through certain areas. It's not a 15-minute quick kill arena quest; the running-around portion is intended to take some time if players wanted to keep it in their journal for a while, or they can just go through and pick up the items right after another. But, with the transition bug, it defeats the entire purpose of the first part of the quest, and will present a ton of issues with later Foundries. Forcing players to custom maps they can't re-enter, among other things, really hurts the Foundry system as a whole until this bug is fixed.

Really liking the Foundry so far, but this is a pretty major issue. A lot more important than my Mouse disappearing sometimes when editing rooms. That I can deal with, but this has to do with what players actually experience in our work, and since the Editor playthroughs seem to work fine, it means the real issue can't be tested or known about until it's published. :P
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This seems to happen anytime you have a map transition to a public map or multiple objectives on a public map.

In the interim, it is best to stay away from public maps as much as possible. If you must have the player go to Protectors Enclave after you leave a custom make, use the Protectors Enclave map in Foundry, put a bunch of NPC's in(if they are not already) and do it that way. Not ideal, but it's a start until Cryptic starts to actually take the Foundry seriously and fix MAJOR bugs that have been in since alpha.

forien69 As for the issue with your mouse disappearing, you can CTRL-S to get it back(in case you did not know) and if you make sure to move objects from the Library to the map a bit slower, if will eliminate it almost entirely. The mouse disappears when some objects (clusters and FX are the worse) get dragged to quick out of the library.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • ishvarinaishvarina Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got this error testing my own foundry content a few days ago, but I found that transitioning back and forth to other maps also has a chance of bringing the quest back.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fromover wrote: »
    Well I'm glad to see it's not on my end. Now if we can get the DEVS to address this, that would be awesome!;)
    tilt42 wrote: »
    It's been like this since the alpha, so this is nothing new....
    / ten characters required.