test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry is garbage

pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What a waste of my time.

I've now attempted 5 foundry quests:

1: entirely in french, but still finished
1: success
3: bugged out at some point where you could not finish the quest, 2 hours wasted.

There needs to be some kind of qc on these things so players aren't constantly wasting their time on garbage quests that pay nothing in the end becuase you get stuck on some intermediate step which cannot be done due to a bug.
Post edited by pilotmike on

Comments

• Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    That why there a Review Feature. you fail to read i guess.

Foundry is a player base quest/dungeon maker system you going to get alot bad horrible quest. but you give them review and tell they suck at it lol
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You did review it right? With a comment? And rate them in stars with appropriate stars?

The one I did was ok, but my comment was.

Lots and lots of scantily clad women.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pilotmike wrote: »
    What a waste of my time.

I've now attempted 5 foundry quests:

1: entirely in french, but still finished
    1: success
    3: bugged out at some point where you could not finish the quest, 2 hours wasted.

There needs to be some kind of qc on these things so players aren't constantly wasting their time on garbage quests that pay nothing in the end becuase you get stuck on some intermediate step which cannot be done due to a bug.

Love it when people post their stupid in the forum. You expect to create it and it just works? Surprised you have the patience to even bother if you aren't going to QA it yourself, which is what you are supposed to do.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of all the failings of the game, the foundry is not one of them. I'm level 17 now, and I've done a handful of foundry quests. All of them have worked from start to finish, a couple with minor bugs. All have given great rewards comparatively to what I've got from regular questing, all have had reasonably interesting storylines, and more importantly, all are new and different. Assuming there are enough content creators to keep creating content, player-created content is by far the best way to keep MMOs fresh.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    That why there a Review Feature. you fail to read i guess.

Foundry is a player base quest/dungeon maker system you going to get alot bad horrible quest. but you give them review and tell they suck at it lol
    This

You got to be prepared with no expectations. As with most things that have editors, 90% of stuff created is garbage.
    From King Garbage, of the Garbage Dynasty!!
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the featured mishes are good ^__^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Love it when people post their stupid in the forum. You expect to create it and it just works? Surprised you have the patience to even bother if you aren't going to QA it yourself, which is what you are supposed to do.

When you call somebody stupid, it is best when you know the difference between their and they're. After you finish 3rd grade you can come back and comment on future posts.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    This

You got to be prepared with no expectations. As with most things that have editors, 90% of stuff created is garbage.
    From King Garbage, of the Garbage Dynasty!!

Exactly if you expect that missions built buy other players to automatically be good then I want to avoid what your smoking. The reality is that most foundry missions will be horrible to ok with a few rising out of the mix to be awesome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know, I like the foundry, it's unique and fun because each quest is from a different person,
    and could be completely different each time you do one.

You don't have to complete a quest all in one go, you know,
    you can go out and come back in at certain points,
    so for a quest that spans hours, you could do some then and then do the other parts later, when you want to.
    And if you find a bug, the best thing to do is leave a comment about it for the creator of the quest to look at.
  • Options
    brutalsaurbrutalsaur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many of the foundry missions are great. Just make sure you read the description and the reviews to see if the mission you're looking at is buggy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here's the thing, this is not the fault of people who create additional content, it is the game maker's problem. I would love to leave specific feedback to the guys who are writing foundry content to let them know of bugs in their dungeons, but unless you finish the dungeon you can't rate it. If the **** thing is bugged to the point where you can't finish, then you can't tell them what is wrong. So frustrating.
  • Options
    apfelsaft0019apfelsaft0019 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you call somebody stupid, it is best when you know the difference between their and they're. After you finish 3rd grade you can come back and comment on future posts.

Psst, bud. He used the correct form of there/their/they're. Here's how it breaks down, since you seem to not know to the point of calling someone else out for using the correct grammar.

There: Indicates a position, a la, "Did you see that post up there calling the OP stupid?"

Their: Indicates possession, a la, "Love it when people post their (that would be yours, pilotmike) stupid in the forum."

They're: Conjugation of they and are, a la, "I don't know why I browse forums sometimes, they're a silly place."
  • Options
    lesserboblesserbob Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For my money (which I havent spent any of!!) the foundry has been great. I have done maybe 10+ already and have given a 3 star to the worst of them, but other than that they have been terrific. Good content and I have actually stopped to read the background and get immersed in the story (something I stopped doing in MMO's years ago).

To the OP, try not to create such fundamentally conclusive threads when at least some people are obviously having very different experiences to you. Try "Is anyone else having trouble with Foundry Quests" as a thread title and try to find out other peoples experience, rather than just saying "I had a bad experience, so Foundry is garbage"

Forums work best when you start a thread by opening discussion, rather than starting them by closing the discussion.
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done about 10 Foundry quests, all went flawless and smooth and I give kudos to the authors.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Here's the thing, this is not the fault of people who create additional content, it is the game maker's problem. I would love to leave specific feedback to the guys who are writing foundry content to let them know of bugs in their dungeons, but unless you finish the dungeon you can't rate it. If the **** thing is bugged to the point where you can't finish, then you can't tell them what is wrong. So frustrating.

you can mail a messenge or add them to friend list it tell who made the game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    you can mail a messenge or add them to friend list it tell who made the game

Thanks, I hadn't considered that. The most recent one that failed was pretty fun up to the point of bugging out.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cragsteep Crypt.

Do it with 1 partner. It's fracking hard and SO worth it.

Closest thing to a Cryptic Dungeon on the Foundry.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    Cragsteep Crypt.

Do it with 1 partner. It's fracking hard and SO worth it.

Closest thing to a Cryptic Dungeon on the Foundry.

-Rachel-

Yeah, that's what we were doing. 1 cleric and 1 control wiz. Pretty sure we were almost done. We were close to, or at the bottom and had to fight off 4 waves of defenders. I died and she lived. Problem was after I respawned the waves stopped coming and we couldn't get it to reset :(. Probably an hour in or so.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure you have to complete a foundry quest in order to rate it, yes?

So if a foundry quest is bugged, as the OP was saying, then "giving it a bad rating" isn't actually an answer now is it?

Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done four or five Foundry quests and, while I was able to rate them by using the stars, I have been unable to leave a comment, which I really wanted to do. I'm guessing it's a bug but it is rather frustrating.

Lottie
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The foundry has been my best experience with the game so far. Fantastic.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »

Love it when people try to sound smug and superior then someone else on online forums. . .

. . .When those same people fail basic reading comprehension. . .

. . .the OP never said he CREATED foundry content, only that he had trouble with other players buggy missions. . .

. . .Them big words must be hard:rolleyes:
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you had a couple bad missions and that equates to "Foundry is garbage"? Don't blame the tools.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry forum section here has a good sticky post that includes many quality quests and campaigns, even sorted in category.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Love it when people try to sound smug and superior then someone else on online forums. . .

. . .When those same people fail basic reading comprehension. . .

. . .the OP never said he CREATED foundry content, only that he had trouble with other players buggy missions. . .

. . .Them big words must be hard:rolleyes:

TY, I wasn't going to fight on behalf of the grammar police again. I did find it even funnier that somebody incorrectly corrected me correcting somebody else's grammar :).

Imivo, TY I'll look into it. I WANT to like the foundry but have had just atrocious luck.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the Foundry is just a gimmick system for RPers
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The title of the instance is usually a clue whether it is in your language or not. If you load in "le buideux" or something, and its in french, well duh. Occasionally one finds a module with a mismatched title, but mostly, you can tell.

I have only played 3+ star rated modules and all have worked well enough. Minor bugs, yes, but playable and mostly enjoyable. 3 have been excellent.

If you can do better, write some adventures for us. If not, choose wisely next time...