test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't we upgrade our Companion from White to green to blue, etc?

johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As title says. I have the LVL 15 cleric, I want to keep this pet and not start a new one. I want a healer and don't even know of another one that heals like this one.

Aren't we supposed to be able to buy an item to upgrade this lvl 15 pet to green and so on?
Post edited by johnny305 on

Comments

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you check the companion gold vender there are place holder items in the store for the training manuals to do just that. But then this is you know open beta.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Capping companion's levels is ridiculously stupid and it makes me feel a bit irritated,
    that's like sending a person who's level 15 into say a level 50 zone, because they can't level up,
    just really dumb
    We didn't even need training manuals before,
    it's just there now so that people will buy their cash shop companions because of the level limit,
    a complete money grab
    Sigh, well I'm certainly not going to buy a companion from the cash shop,
    because if I'm going to buy something in the cash shop, it's going to be because I find it interesting,
    not because I feel forced to in order to play normally,
    just ridiculous
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sephere wrote: »
    We didn't even need training manuals before,
    it's just there now so that people will buy their cash shop companions because of the level limit,
    a complete money grab

It was also in beta before. As it is now. Expect things to change that's the whole point. Despite everyone crying "This isn't a beta it's launch!" well things like this are a good example that it's not.
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Part of me thinks they are doing this to promote the Zen companions for awhile in hopes of getting extra money.

The less cynical side of me thinks they probably just haven't finished working on all the companions yet: Level 30 companions are supposed to get a 3rd skill so if they haven't given every companion a 3rd skill they could be waiting to release the books when they complete work on the incomplete companions.
  • Options
    valcutio1valcutio1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Came to the forums looking for an answer to this. Very disappointing. They have so many ways to make RL money off the game, why do they need to resort to handicapping players? There's no way this is an oversight or a "beta" issue.

Looks like this game IS pay-to-win.
  • Options
    exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valcutio1 wrote: »
    Came to the forums looking for an answer to this. Very disappointing. They have so many ways to make RL money off the game, why do they need to resort to handicapping players? There's no way this is an oversight or a "beta" issue.

How are companions handicapping players? If anything it's the complete opposite. Even though there is a difference between having a white companion over purple one, it's not game breaking. If anything the cleric companion heals TOO much. I've run dungeons with 5 dps and 5 cleric companions and the need for potions or a healer wasn't present at all. Companions aren't designed to be an absolute necessity that makes the game unplayable if you don't have a higher ranking one.

Just because you don't have what others do, you complain and want some sort of compensation, either penalizing the people who have it or give you something to in your mind "balance" it out. Stop crying.

@OP
    I'm sure they have plans in the future to allow companions to be upgraded. I think they are having more technical issues and problems with existing functions of the game to deal with before working on these additions though. Give it some time and I'm sure we'll see them.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    Part of me thinks they are doing this to promote the Zen companions for awhile in hopes of getting extra money.

The less cynical side of me thinks they probably just haven't finished working on all the companions yet: Level 30 companions are supposed to get a 3rd skill so if they haven't given every companion a 3rd skill they could be waiting to release the books when they complete work on the incomplete companions.

And yet again. Why oh why do you think this is called open beta?

The manuals are listed from the companion merchant who sells things for gold. It is a huge jump to assume your going to have to spend zen to buy the training manuals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valcutio1 wrote: »

So having a rank 30 companion means you've "won"? Good to know!

I'm doing the Hotenow zone missions now with the 15 cleric companion. She dies nearly everytime but she saves me having to pop potions every 30 seconds and is usually good for distracting enemies for about 5 seconds. And once she gets back up is usually good about topping off my health.
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    As title says. I have the LVL 15 cleric, I want to keep this pet and not start a new one. I want a healer and don't even know of another one that heals like this one.

Aren't we supposed to be able to buy an item to upgrade this lvl 15 pet to green and so on?

Because this isn't The Aurora World.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And yet again. Why oh why do you think this is called open beta?

The manuals are listed from the companion merchant who sells things for gold. It is a huge jump to assume your going to have to spend zen to buy the training manuals.

You didn't read my post very well. I never made the assumption you stated, nor do I have a problem with the manuals being unavailable if companions aren't completed and ready to be upgraded to rank30. That is how I feel whether it is beta or not. I'm used to incomplete features in launch MMOs so I would never jump down Cryptic's throat about this even if it WASN'T beta.

I made the statement about Zen because the only way to get a rank30 companion at the moment is to use the Zen shop or have a founder's pack, not because I believe the manuals will be sold on the Zen shop. You made assumptions about what I was saying while criticizing perceived assumptions.

One final correction. The vendor sells the manual not in the gold tab, but the tab where things are bought with other game currency. They are in her "exotic" tab where things are sold for Tarmalune Trade Bars, Glory, Astral Diamonds or Ardent Coins. If you WERE to ask me my assumption, I would put money on the manuals being sold for Astral Diamonds or Ardent Coins. They might even decide to sell different ones for different currency.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will most probably cost milions of AD.