test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is really no focus on PvP is there...

ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey Guys,

I just hit 60 today after playing on the actual release (no headstart). So, as you can tell it's pretty rapid levelling if you go for it, which I did. I enjoyed PvPing up to 60 and I still enjoy it now, I'm a strong PvPer and would like to say I excel at it more than anything else.

This brings me to my one and only issues with Neverwinter so far. There seriously is no focus on PvPing at end-game. We have the same map as level 1 and access to 5 pieces of gear (including a weapon), and that's it. The gear is easily obtained. Around 10 games per piece of gear. Therefore, no sense of achievement is awarded.

Oh, onto achievements... Wait, there isn't any. No PvP achievements? No PvP titles? No 'Killed X Players'... Nothing. Come on, give us something. Even if you put something silly in like 'Kill 100000000 players', it'll be something we can work towards. PvP titles would be amazing.

Balance at the moment is an issue, I'm sure you're aware of that. When people read 'X is overpowered', to the community, please be aware that if you're not 60, you will not be able to relate. Even if your 59, it's completely different at 60. You get one shot left right and center, and I'm semi PvP geared. Crits of 25k+ aren't rare.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game, I rushed to 60 and there isn't much going on at the moment apart from PvE and the rare pugs for dungeons. I'd just like to see something from you guys to say 'yes, we know people enjoy our PvP and we will work to enhance the experience for all players, be it PvE or PVP'.

Cheers.
Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
PvE Enthusiast.
mbre6g.jpg
Post edited by ashrox10 on

Comments

• stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you on this the content is lacking seriously.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you obviously never played a PWE game before. Battle of immortals, where 1000$ slayers and heretics make you cry. They have no idea how to balance anything in this game and don't expect any balance changes. PWE games are always meant to be instant hack and slash action. That is why they are less refined than other MMO games.

Ask your self one question. Why does PWE have over 10 MMO's and Blizzard only 1? Hell, even SOE has like 4-5 (and keep in mind that they only made Everquest 2 trying to rival WoW. Everquest 1 had too much complexity and timesinks to appeal to the average MMO player)

As for additional pvp content. Don't count on it. I will be amazed if they add anything.
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    you obviously never played a PWE game before. Battle of immortals, where 1000$ slayers and heretics make you cry. They have no idea how to balance anything in this game and don't expect any balance changes. PWE games are always meant to be instant hack and slash action. That is why they are less refined than other MMO games.

Ask your self one question. Why does PWE have over 10 MMO's and Blizzard only 1? Hell, even SOE has like 4-5 (and keep in mind that they only made Everquest 2 trying to rival WoW. Everquest 1 had more complexity and timesinks to appeal to the average MMO player)

As for additional pvp content. Don't count on it. I will be amazed if they add anything.

Well really, cryptic is the one who puts out the updates and fixes. PWE just hosts the game and controls the zen market.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ask your self one question. Why does PWE have over 10 MMO's and Blizzard only 1?

Because PWE bought Cryptic who made three? Perfect world isn't a developer, it's a publisher. Big difference really. Most of the games they released were made by others in Asia, then there is Cryptic who made STO, CO, and this, Runic Games made both Torchlights, then there is MAIET Entertainment, Zombie Studios (based in Seattle, by the way), Windysoft, and i'm probably forgetting a lot of the more obscure Asian developers. That is why PWE has so many games, and Blizzard only has one? Did you forget Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, Upcoming Mystery MMO, that card battle game, not to mention all the legacy games?

Then you better hold onto your hat, Gauntgrym is already in daily quests, and it's a PvP zone, 20v20, and seems to have dungeon unlocks based on who wins. (sort of like Wintergrasp and that other zone in WoW).
  • morbidthought666morbidthought666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they will add some PvP titles before the "beta" ends. I have orc Slayer and Bandit Slayer, would be nice to work towards Man Slayer.
  • cedar1cedar1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

I am a huge MMO PvP fan and was just considering starting up this game. I've seen PvP get sidelined pretty quickly in a lot of MMOs, or even if it's great have major bugs cough *SWTOR*cough. Since Neverwinter is F2P I'm really hoping it goes for simple but solid. Obviously the OP's opinion on PvP is pretty straightforward but I was wondering if the community had anything to say else to say? Sorry I'm kind of hijacking this thread, I'm new to the forum so they won't let me create my own. If anyone is willing to create a thread discussing the state of PvP it would be greatly appreciated.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Then you better hold onto your hat, Gauntgrym is already in daily quests, and it's a PvP zone, 20v20, and seems to have dungeon unlocks based on who wins. (sort of like Wintergrasp and that other zone in WoW).

I forgot to add this to the OP. This, indeed, looks like a great addition to the current state of PvP. :)
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well PVP wasn't added until what.. Beta Weekend 4? Not really sure as I'm not much for PVP. Despite what people seem to think this game is still in beta. I'm sure more will be added going forward.
  • losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love it the games not even out of beta and were told if you aren't 60 you just don't understand.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    losabra wrote: »
    i love it the games not even out of beta and were told if you aren't 60 you just don't understand.

In relation to the points I'm making in the thread, you don't understand unless you're 60. Nothing to do with the game, it's to do with my standing on my points.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • hangten1hangten1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pretty sure i got the achievement killed 100 players
    Vulnerable
    hangten1-rf.jpg
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    There seriously is no focus on PvPing at end-game.

I am glad about this.
  • infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of you really need to give the game some time to be out.. It's not been out a month and everyone wants end content..
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    OP post

Your post is a good example of today's generation always wanting to be rewarded. But hey, whatever works.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not in the queue neither is gauntgrym dungeon PvE.

tfangel wrote: »
    Because PWE bought Cryptic who made three? Perfect world isn't a developer, it's a publisher. Big difference really. Most of the games they released were made by others in Asia, then there is Cryptic who made STO, CO, and this, Runic Games made both Torchlights, then there is MAIET Entertainment, Zombie Studios (based in Seattle, by the way), Windysoft, and i'm probably forgetting a lot of the more obscure Asian developers. That is why PWE has so many games, and Blizzard only has one? Did you forget Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, Upcoming Mystery MMO, that card battle game, not to mention all the legacy games?

Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Takes 20 hours to get to 60. Game has been in Open beta for over 3 weeks.

The next big content patch has a 20v20 PVP zone. They have also stated many times that class balance is something that's a priority.
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    The game is NEW. Patches are coming...... SOON they say :P
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

you don't. At level 60 you have no more quests to do other than the handful of dailies and grinding for gear/enchants as well as the endless hunt for AD. Yes, I do mean "handful of dailies" as you can count the dailies available currently (not counting the 3 gauntlgrym dailies as the zone is not implemented yet) on one hand. The game isn't less fun at 60, it's just different, with different goals, objectives and obstacles on top of whatever you had in mind while leveling up to 60. Next time you're in game, hit the auction house and look up weapon/armor enchants. Greater soulforged/lightning/plaguefire and rank 9 eldritch runestones, rank 9 radiant/dark/azure enchantments....the cost will make your head swim.
    Throw on top of the situation I just laid out for you the lackluster PVP that we have one daily for to get a miniscule fraction of AD we all need, you're nearly forced to pvp at least 4 times a day. If the pvp system/mechanics are broken and everyone is almost required to do it daily....there's going to be some sand in people's va-j-j's.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure What to say about Pvp. Considering I played the first Never Winter Game back in 1991 and Pvp was an accident back then and ended in 1997. Was hosted on AOL. So yes I say I have some knowledge. There needs to be a better rewards system and an understand of the classes. the computer has to balance out the teams better. As for the dungeons there pretty lamb and boring to say the least. Hopefully more will be added. But again how much of a say so do we really have? Found a ton of bugs and reported them that's what we do in beta.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should probably lower the resource cost for tanks to 200 and air to 150.