test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter and Con

dawnpromisedawnpromise Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
As a longtime dice slinger I know Con is good got Fighters, but other stats can be as good or more vital. But the game says it is your primary stat as a Guardian.

Now I quit when I saw 4th ed but has the game changed so much that this really is true? Or is it deceptive game text?

I'd really appreciate someone giving a bit of clarification.

Thanks!

--Remember Gazebos are weak to fire.
Stellarum, mea sunt
The Stars are Mine.
Post edited by dawnpromise on

Comments

• Options
    xirrixirri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a longtime dice slinger I know Con is good got Fighters, but other stats can be as good or more vital. But the game says it is your primary stat as a Guardian.

Now I quit when I saw 4th ed but has the game changed so much that this really is true? Or is it deceptive game text?

I'd really appreciate someone giving a bit of clarification.

Thanks!

--Remember Gazebos are weak to fire.

Honestly, con is as important as in previous editions - as in nice to have alot but not as needed as the ability to whack a mole efficiently. There are the expertise crowds and then there are the power attack crowds, one goes for str 15 dex 19 and con 24 and the other goes for str 22 dex 14 con 22 in the end before racial modifiers, both are effective and both fulfill the defensive/offensive fighter schemes really well. It just depends on where you want to fit yourself in.

However, now that protector trees main damage reduction skills is borked, one is best off choosing anything but that. Tactician is superb aggro control and team buffing, conqueror is facetanking and damage dealing. Make your choise early, because respeccing featpoints isnt cheap or economical.