What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clerics get shafted in PvP :(

2»

Comments

• bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    necromyrez wrote: »
    If you don't want to play like me, don't. But i'm extremely strong in pvp and love cleric. I am not the one asking how to be stronger, nor am I complaining my heals are strong enough. This guy asked how to do better, I'm telling him.

Trust me, I appreciate it.

I don't suppose you would mind whispering me your build? :D
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    that post was meant to bunzaga.
    Never said that clerics cant dps.
    But hes a healing cleric and QQ's that he does no dmg. no ****!
    You are right.

I thought there would be a way to do both... like use all abilities that both heal and do damage, but it looks like that will make me crappy at both LOL.

So it looks like my line up will be:

Astral Seal & Sacred Flame (or is Brand of Sun better?)
    Flame Strike & Hallowed Ground
    Healing Word, Chains, Astral Shield

Does that look solid?
  • mandelhandlemandelhandle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quick reply is so broken.
  • mandelhandlemandelhandle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    practice makes perfect. read and learn your spells
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bunzaga wrote: »
    You are right.

I thought there would be a way to do both... like use all abilities that both heal and do damage, but it looks like that will make me crappy at both LOL.

So it looks like my line up will be:

Astral Seal & Sacred Flame (or is Brand of Sun better?)
    Flame Strike & Hallowed Ground
    Healing Word, Chains, Astral Shield

Does that look solid?

You can do both. Run both sacred flame and brand of the sun to make up for your lost encounter slot. Go Hammer of fate and hallowed for the daily.

Chains is nice, but Sun burst is about the best action point battery we have and can knockback.

Astral Shield is your bread and butter. Drop healing for either break the spirit or forgemasters. I prefer break the spirit with its debuff and shorter cooldown, but forgemasters does have a heal and slow attached too it.

Your DPS mainly suffers because you will be doing all you can to keep your AS up on your dps and being somewhat in melee range to build action with sun burst. If you do decide to sit back and nuke, you can be just as effective as the CW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tmraven85tmraven85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also find my team winning most of the times, and usually with me in top 3.

I've had several compliments from my random teammates, and friend invites, saying my healing was awesome, and that an active healing cleric really makes a difference.

My last battle in the 40's was a 1000-830 win, our team had 3 deaths spread on two of my teammates, and 3 deaths on a semi afk slacker, that didn't do much but sit in the middle and throw a few dots. I had about 4 kills and 40+ assists and 0 deaths. And as others in this thread has mentioned, the kill/death/assist ratio is usually 4/0/many for me, with the occational double on kill blows and maybe a few deaths.

The cleric might not be that strong before lvl 20 in pvp, but I've found it to be great fun all the way, both in pve and pvp. Since I started doing a little focus on pvp healing, I've been the center of my groups, keeping everybody alive with few deaths and somewhat easy and controlled victories.

I had a single loss the other day, but that was a 4v5 match, with 5 very active and good players. They kept chaincontrolling me with silences, pushes, slides and whatnot, which kept me from healing as effectively. But besides that, I've not had any problems keeping my group alive when fighting for control of a tower. And yes, staying inside the circle, taking towers left and right is the way to the top of the board, but if it's an intense battle, I rarely see myself leaving to sneak a tower steal, since I keep our group in control of the center most of the time, then I'd rather send out a dps to capture :)

It might be because I'm not at lvl 60 yet, but I've not met any problems keeping my group alive during a fight, even if people focus on me, it still takes at least 2 dps classes to take me down, since I can wear most people out with chains, slows, dots and knockbacks. I actually think the longest fight I've had, was with a guardian fighter, since he could block and stuff, we ran around his tower for what felt like minutes, before I took him down or someone came to speed the fight along.
  • faethor70faethor70 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Truer words never spoken. I played Rift as a bubble healer (doesn't get logged on the score menu), ****-talking all the time in my direction. Was crazy. Honestly, I feel PvP should always be more like PvE where even though it isn't so fair to experienced players, a whole team gets only 1 score, or at least that if you group up, your team shares a score (so a healer can be guaranteed points). On SWTOR, which has a lot of shared features w/ this game this was a very, very terrible issue, much more so than in NW

Ya- I cant count how many times I stack 2 heals on someone and they still insta die and complain. I always tell people check their logs they got heals and get the usual troll STFU **** <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or they call me an afker. Lets face it, when the score is 700 to 0 yes I honestly have lost the will to be farmed and its not a close or fun match. I do feel when a team has a 500 point spread that the match should get kicked out a victory for the winning team as with a team that has people drop out. 5 vs 3 is pointless as well. The pvp side of things with this game needs some tweeks.
  • mrtorturemrtorture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If Clerics just fit a support role here this ain't D&D, its just a generic mmo... Game needs balance, only rogues and wizzards are usefull at pvp right now.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As a GF, I found a couple awesome clerics on my server(beholder) that I stick to like glue. It's almost impossible to kill either of us if done correctly. I have enough CC to peel people offa the cleric, and I just plain mitigate and block damage like nothing else. It'll take at least 4 people to take a tank+cleric combo down.

I only wish I could gift kills/points to clerics at the end of the match somehow. It's tough since they're not really all that mobile when you think about the role they need to play.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys