test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

classes need to be nerfed and buffed

dannyw22dannyw22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
when are you going to fix the classes out. this game has been out for over a week now and already we can see wizards can do so much cc they are unstoppable, rogues at lvl 60 can 1 shot my GWF, that's right I had a rogue 1 shot me today in pvp and im ****ing pissed about it... GWF lack dps as well they need a buff, clerics in pvp out heal every little dmg you do to anyone they put that blue shield thing on the ground and no one can be killed by it. clearly there is a problem with the classes balance but we have yet to see a nerf and buff patch ???
Post edited by dannyw22 on

Comments

• siirtwitchsiirtwitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dannyw22 wrote: »
    when are you going to fix the classes out this game has been out for over a week now and already we can see wizards can do so much cc they are unstoppable rogues at lvl 60 can 1 shot my GWF that's right I had a rogue 1 shot me today in pvp and im ****ing pissed about it... GWF lack dps as well they need a buff clerics in pvp out heal every little dmg you do to anyone they put that blue shield thing on the ground and no one can be killed by it clearly there is a problem with the classes balance but we have yet to see a nerf and buff patch ???

Maybe we should first start with ideas of what can be done. Not just "ZOMG ROGUE 1SHOTS MY GWF NURRRFFFF!" "THIS CM CC'D ME FOR LIFE! NURRRFFFF"

Come up with ways maybe they can combat these issues, simply qq'ing about it won't solve anything.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Capitalization and punctuation are wonderful things.

If your GWF got 1-shot by a TR, then the TR clearly had VASTLY better gear than you.

PvP is not meant to be balanced for 1v1 fights. There's a reason we can only PvP in groups at the moment. Everything you listed off as an imbalance is what a class is supposed to bring to the table to support their teammates in PvP. If both sides are doing these "unfair" things, then you have a perfectly balanced 5v5 fight, don't you?
  • dannyw22dannyw22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    its not my job to solve this games problems its the people who made the games job im not hired by cryptic or perfect world why should I do their jobs for them ..... if nothing gets done about this though the people that love pvp will just leave for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> balance issues simple as and the game will prob lose a lot of customers
  • dannyw22dannyw22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    not at all... so your telling me a rogue is ment to 1 shot anyone ?? oh and ive got all epic gear im only missing rings neck and belt
  • siirtwitchsiirtwitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not my job to solve this games problems its the people who made the games job im not hired by cryptic or perfect world why should I do their jobs for them ..... if nothing gets done about this though the people that love pvp will just leave for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> balance issues simple as and the game will prob lose a lot of customers

It's still "beta" so you are still technically testing the game. People like you seem to forget that.
    edited May 2013
    siirtwitch wrote: »
    It's still "beta" so you are still technically testing the game. People like you seem to forget that.

I havnt forgot about its beta.... but it is OPEN BETA which means the game is really kinda out already they just need to add some things and tweak stuff too
  • dirtydicknastydirtydicknasty Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RELAX, it just came out. Keep in mind it's D&D not just an MMO. D&D has been same for almost 40 years. Don't let the MMO aspect of MMO's spoil the D&D aspect of the game if u have not played D&D maybe u should try it and u will know how this game works
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic:

Please nerf Paper. Scissors is fine.

thanks,
    Rock

No, No, Paper is fine, nerf rock, it one shots me and is unbalanced.

Thanks,

Scissors.

In all seriousness of this thread, I agree with a lot of people on here about you learning the dynamic of each class within the game.
    If you are just throwing on purples and expecting not to take any damage or be controlled then yeah, your going to die, a lot.
    As a GWF, you should be doing just like the Rogues almost, as your damage comes from the AoE you can do. You need to wait and assist on a target while protecting your back lines from Rogues.

Everyone that I have come across has said the PvP sucks in this game or is the worse and "WOW" had better and that is the ****ing problem right there. You all are so "one on One" thirsty that you have become handicap to the fact that this game is heavily team based in PvP and PvE (you don't see control wizards soloing main dungeons).

This game also does not need a resilence dynamic like every John Wayne WOW player has been calling for either (putting some classes over the top as far as surviving and dishing out damage). I feel if you can't make it work after so many people have told you that it is a team effort ("Your not wearing number "23" on your plate mail, cloth or leather"), you need to keep your *** out the PvP arena or learn to play.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not at all... so your telling me a rogue is ment to 1 shot anyone ?? oh and ive got all epic gear im only missing rings neck and belt

And the Rogue could have had the full PvP epic set (which would fall under the "vastly better gear" category). The rogue is made to quickly eliminate single targets, and if that means 1 shotting them because their opponent has worse gear or little defense, then so be it.
  • t3hmerct3hmerc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RELAX, it just came out. Keep in mind it's D&D not just an MMO. D&D has been same for almost 40 years. Don't let the MMO aspect of MMO's spoil the D&D aspect of the game if u have not played D&D maybe u should try it and u will know how this game works

Except 4th edition was mainly made to draw in people who play these sorts of games anyhow and be a better balanced game between classes. Not the same D&D a lot of us grew up with.
    syberghost wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic:

Please nerf Paper. Scissors is fine.

thanks,
    Rock

Always a good way to shrug off any intelligent discussion, that meme. If this is how they're balancing classes, they've already lost from a general pvp perspective. Not that I'm playing this for pvp, already playing other games that don't have to bend to preset class themes and rules so people don't whine when they actually get fixed.
  • purutzilpurutzil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well first off, the way you put this thread is a bit lack luster. Yes, TR and CW are very powerful, Cleric as well though its not to the level of the two before it. Its funny seeing level 50+ pvp as you will see Mostly TR and CW (literally my last game was 2 GWF with 6 TR and 2 CW. Typically a few more rogues then CW).

But...

1.) Balance takes time, 1 week can't 'balance' things out properly.
    2.) Putting your post in that format plays against providing constructive feedback. Give better reasons then TR 1 shotting a GWF as being a reason to nerf.

So yes, they are OP (and I hate to use that word but it is quite one sided there) but its no reason to make illiterate style posts ranting about it without giving points defining what makes them in need of being nerfed down.
    GWF level 60 (Beholder) - The pains of leveling!
    Cleric level 5X (Dragon) - Holy goblin so much easier!
    edited May 2013
    is there pvp gear in this game then is so were is it ??? I cant find it anywere ??
  • killacaseykillacasey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More whining about a BETA. this game is in BETA to fix these issues. It is not a fully release, stop whining about nerfs and buffs when all you do now really doesn't mean 2 ****s when it will be changed in the coming months.
    Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot protect themselves.
    edited May 2013
    is there pvp gear in this game then is so were is it ??? I cant find it anywere ??

Unsure of the exact name of the building, but it's the one with the training dummies. The man behind the counter sells PvP gear in the second tab at the top.
  • v3lonv3lon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Asking to balance classes cause you got owned in pvp? This is NOT a pvp game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    21yrs+ EU Social Gaming Community recruiting laid back sociable folks
    http://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/
    :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    v3lon wrote: »
    Asking to balance classes cause you got owned in pvp? This is NOT a pvp game.

and this is not your normal D&D game so get over your self
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Unsure of the exact name of the building, but it's the one with the training dummies. The man behind the counter sells PvP gear in the second tab at the top.

"Trade and Blade"

Before coming to have a hissy fit man about PvP you need to do your home work in regards to it below level 60 is rough with CW and TR (especially if your under geared).

You need to stack enhancements (As it has procs and the best stats for surviving a volley from TR).
    You need to have on PvP armor (As it has the best stats for surviving TR damage).
    You need to have PvP weapons (As it has the best damage and stats for surviving).
    You need PvP Pots (60 PvP is heavily TR and CW populated).

If you do all those things (stack the hell out of hit points and defense as a tank) you will have enough hit points to keep you from dying to TR first volley of their daily in PvP, thus giving you time enough to hopefully have your team mates come help you out.

What I have noticed on my Rogue (he is 60 in PvP gear) is now their really is no balanced PvP with other classes at 60 because that's all you see in PvP (TR and CW). Even in full PvP gear with stacked hit points I get killed in about 5 seconds because you got 3 CW and 2 Rogue teams tearing you a new one.

Be aware, at 60 people start to focus you and that is where a good guardian comes into place with that block (Clerics healing them and GWF protecting the back lines).

On a note, as a CW and a Rogue, I love to see GWF running into the fray first as they are easy to control and a lot easier to burn down than Guardians.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In general rogues aren't OP. The one shotting, or near one shotting, with daily abilities needs to go though. This goes for the CW and DC dailies as well as the rogues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    when are you going to fix the classes out. this game has been out for over a week now and already we can see wizards can do so much cc they are unstoppable, rogues at lvl 60 can 1 shot my GWF, that's right I had a rogue 1 shot me today in pvp and im ****ing pissed about it... GWF lack dps as well they need a buff, clerics in pvp out heal every little dmg you do to anyone they put that blue shield thing on the ground and no one can be killed by it. clearly there is a problem with the classes balance but we have yet to see a nerf and buff patch ???

Ok so let me get this straight..... Every class is OP cept GWF and GF (seeing you didn't mention them) EVERY OTHER class is op? Perhaps it is you and NOT the other classes. You people will QQ about anything and want everything handed to you.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing I hated about Guild Wars is they issued nerfs and buffs at the drop of a hat. I'd finally perfect that invincible build that cost a ridiculous amount of platinum in highly demanded runes, and required one of the hardest to acquire elite skills, plus a unique item, only to have it nerfed a few days later and be made totally useless. The way I see it, every class should just play their roles, and for Fighters that means Tanking more than it does DPS. Sure, Rogues can assassinate you if you don't have epic gear, or turn your back on them for a second. However, they are also squishy, and I am still dying a lot against enemies of equal level with my TR even after trying to stack attack and life steal like a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    In fact, I'd still be playing Guild Wars 1 now if they had not nerfed EVERY SINGLE SUCCESSFUL BUILD ON EVERY CLASS that I ever managed to complete. Nerfs = Losing good players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • persenaamahuorapaskapersenaamahuorapaska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    i'm rogue lvl 43 and i've been leveling purely in pvp since lvl 15, i love it and see no problems with it, except mounts. since some will buy faster mounts. but i love it anyways. i don't 1 shot anyone though, i haven't built my char that way.
  • nazacanazaca Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

What is the phrase? Ah, yes: "Less QQ, more pew pew."

I swear, the behavior of some PvP give the entire subset the worst reputation imaginable. The game just came out and you've already proven yourself too ignorant of what the game is and has to know about such basic things as PvP gear ... I'd hate to find out what else you simply have no clue about.

Tell us again why they should listen to you, given the givens?

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • mcwaffle777mcwaffle777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you just mentioned 3 of the 5 classes being OP, and 1 yours as UP

Maybe that is balance and you are experiencing the role of player skill.
    edited May 2013
    i'm rogue lvl 43 and i've been leveling purely in pvp since lvl 15, i love it and see no problems with it, except mounts. since some will buy faster mounts. but i love it anyways. i don't 1 shot anyone though, i haven't built my char that way.

I'm a level 15 Trickster Rogue... But I'm afraid to even enter PVP. How do you win? x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

1. I agree, CC is OP atm and needs to be tweaked, diminishing returns should be applied where you are immune to CC for 4 seconds after a successful CC ability has been applied to you.
    2. While I am not saying it didn't happen, I find it hard to believe that a TR one shot you. I would guess there was some ranged skills involved from somewhere you couldn't see.
    3. Clerics shield skills is not the issue, it is a combination of skilled based around the execution of the shield. The shield on its own is not that OP.
    edited May 2013
    I think people complaining about GWF don't understand that their role is a Defender or Tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tainted76tainted76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CLasses are fine for now, it all boils down to gear, how you stat yourself and gameplay. Let cryptic worry about fixing other major issues first, such as server stability, performance and bugs they didnt catch before.

Have patience this game is new, and has alot of growth coming, learn to walk and learn the game first, instead of trying to run. It isnt a classic MMO style game its D&D style.

Have a coke and a smile and help put suggestions or opinions out there and not complain about a week old game....

adapt, learn, ask if you dont know.

Crybabies gotta love em!! Happy Gaming all!
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

First off, they won't lose a lot of customers. Pvper's are a very small minority of the gaming industry. Second, the real mistake would be nerfing Pve content for Pvp balance. This is a Pve game. You don't like it? Then leave. Stop trying to force every **** game you play into some Pvp dominated E-Sport. You, and people like you, are the reason games die...
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its only been out a week. That is no time at all for them to watch and see what players are doing with gear and skills to figure out what is actually going on rather than what 1 player's opinion might be. Also just because they have not instantly issued a balancing patch does not mean they are not working on things that would go into it.

There are a lot of issues with various aspects of the game that they will be working on as well as issues with different classes and it will take time to sort them out.

I said before when someone was crying about the very first patch not having balance fixes....bug fixes come first...class balance comes after that.