test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue: Gloaming Cut - overnerfed?

riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi there.

In Beta Weekend 3, Gloaming Cut was clearly too strong, so a nerf was inevitable.

However, in its current form, it seems virtually useless. Only recovering 25% of your stealth bar if you kill a target with it isn't amazing in itself anymore, considering the animation time and the rather low damage it deals, but it doesn't even seem to work properly during stealth. It only recovers my stealth meter when I kill something while I'm visible - if I kill a target with it while stealthed, nothing seems to happen.

I'd like to hear other Rogues' experiences with and opinions of Gloaming Cut.
Post edited by riepah on

Comments

• Options
    neocom2aneocom2a Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont have it cuz im not 35/36. all I need to know is how long is animation and how is its range. If animation is too long I wont even consider spending 1 point in it.
  • Options
    misterianusmisterianus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gloaming cut only seems to be usefull if you are gona go for a build with:

5/5 Sneaky Stabber
    5/5 Sneak of Shadows

Due to the slow animation Gloaming Cut has i am pretty sure that Sly Flourish and Duelists Flurry outperforms it easily. Gloaming Cut doesnt seem to be worth having on your bar unless you have specifically put points into those 2 feats, and even then i dont think it is worth it.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well part of experimenting is just that. Experimenting.
    I'm going for full stealth build so will play around with Gloaming cut.
  • Options
    toxicgravitotoxicgravito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far SUPER unimpressed with Gloaming Cut. The animation speed is stupid slow for the suck damage it outputs and it's taking up space that I could be using for another useful At-Will.
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I think the problem lies not with the damage or speed that much, but with the fact that it only gives 25% of the stealth bar.

If it were 100% (refill), then it would have some use in the Perma-stealth PvE builds. Kill the low-hp adds to keep stealth up for the bigger mobs/bosses.
  • Options
    xamaranthinexamaranthine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I agree 25% is low, but if you use it to kill multiple mobs as a finisher, you get 25% for each. You are thinking of using this in a PVP sense then yeah, totally trash, but a 50% increase would be more reasonable I think.

I never had a chance to use it, but since the Duelist's Flurry nerf, it's getting more and more tempting to take, the damage tick is totally nerfed, and that made the whole point of why people used it but that's another topic for another thread.

cheers
  • Options
    cuteschmooplescuteschmooples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I agree 25% is low, but if you use it to kill multiple mobs as a finisher, you get 25% for each. You are thinking of using this in a PVP sense then yeah, totally trash, but a 50% increase would be more reasonable I think.

I never had a chance to use it, but since the Duelist's Flurry nerf, it's getting more and more tempting to take, the damage tick is totally nerfed, and that made the whole point of why people used it but that's another topic for another thread.

cheers

*Looks at the previous posters' dates*

Over a month. Ok...

But still, glooming cut is currently horrible if you plan to use it for stealth bar refill. Unimpressive in the dmg department too. You might be able to kill 3 mobs with it and regain 25% for each mob, but do you know that you will not regain 25% of your total stealth bar, but 25% of what's leftover of your stealth bar? Example, if you are in stealth and your stealth bar is currently at 50% (and reducing per sec... but let's ignore that right now for the sake of this example) and then you managed to kill a goon. You will get 25% of that 50% stealth bar back (12.5%+50%... and that will put your stealth bar to 62.5%), instead of pushing your stealth bar back to 75% (25%+50%). Now, what if your current stealth bar is at 20% and you dropped a bandit with glooming? You will not bump your stealth bar to 45% for sure, but to 31% (25% of that 20% you have).

All assuming that the slow animation of glooming cut didn't cost you your precious stealth meter and cd itself wasn't taken into account. But you'd know better.
  • Options
    mudekidamudekida Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's not THAT bad...it's about 70% the dps of sly flourish, but that's why you don't use it as a primary at will. it has roughly a 2x multiplier. do your damage with duelist and finish with gloaming

but yes, it's a pretty crappy at will by itself, even used correctly. it only really has a place in stealth builds
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gloaming Cut gives 25% of your CURRENT stealth, not your max stealth, I believe. While the feat gives 10% per hit.

Maxed out, you can perma-stealth but it looks like you're trimming the hedges and it's very slow.

It's a nice idea, but the lack of damage and the long wind-up time just make it the very poorest choice of at-wills.
  • Options
    mudekidamudekida Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Gloaming Cut gives 25% of your CURRENT stealth, not your max stealth, I believe. While the feat gives 10% per hit.

Maxed out, you can perma-stealth but it looks like you're trimming the hedges and it's very slow.

It's a nice idea, but the lack of damage and the long wind-up time just make it the very poorest choice of at-wills.

it's max stealth, and it works fine. ...it's just not really all that helpful

the dps of perm stealth is underrated. with 8.4k GS and armed with unenchanted pvp daggers, it only took me about 13 minutes to solo epic pirate king (24 for the whole dungeon, though I had an actual party during the first boss...and just exploited 2nd boss then perma stealth ran to the boss gate after that). he's a bit of an ******* and spams his aoe heal even when no one's around...so that's not even max dps

plus, this is with full saboteur build. an executioner hybrid can easily shave off at least 3 minutes