Install Arc
Options

Loot rules implement pls.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bardkesnitbardkesnit Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While this doesn't solve the problem, there is one thing to consider...

In the forums of another MMO I play, people were complaining about players Needing on everything. Then a few players came in, said that MMO was their first MMO, and that they didn't know at first what Need and Greed meant. They only looked at the words and thought "greed is bad. I don't want to be greedy." It wasn't until someone explained things to them that they realized that Needing on everything is bad.

I'm not saying all ninjalooters are just ignorant newbies; I suspect most really are the jerks they seem to be. But it is possible that some are innocent of being total jerks.
  • Options
    rikudou87rikudou87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looking at some item icons they generally look the same or a arms look like a ring etc, they should or maybe need to change the way items are being displayed as most players I've noticed just roll away instead of looking who the item is for class wise.
    RIKUDOU GAMING
    GAMING GENERATION
  • Options
    jaguar74jaguar74 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I mentioned before, dear Neverwinter developers, please make all loot individual, I don't think you enjoy how players rage over loot. Some of the loot is individual already, so again, please make loot individual.
    This kind of loot in Tera, I stopped plaing Tera after few weaks of release, how many times I went back to try again, I just couln't play that game any-more.
    I never played WoW because of it's cartoonish style and tab-target, but I've seen some rage videos, I feel sory for those people, I don't like to see that in Neverwinter, I realy like this game, and it is the only game I play and enjoy at the moment.
    But if I am forced to look for another game? then so be it.
    People need to want to group together, this kind of problem is only make peaople turn against each other.
  • Options
    alantir1alantir1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Up.Up. Up.
  • Options
    sydeswypesydeswype Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jaguar74 wrote: »
    As I mentioned before, dear Neverwinter developers, please make all loot individual, I don't think you enjoy how players rage over loot. Some of the loot is individual already, so again, please make loot individual.
    This kind of loot in Tera, I stopped plaing Tera after few weaks of release, how many times I went back to try again, I just couln't play that game any-more.
    I never played WoW because of it's cartoonish style and tab-target, but I've seen some rage videos, I feel sory for those people, I don't like to see that in Neverwinter, I realy like this game, and it is the only game I play and enjoy at the moment.
    But if I am forced to look for another game? then so be it.
    People need to want to group together, this kind of problem is only make peaople turn against each other.

Individual loot is def. the answer!
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we could use a fix for loot rules, at the very least rolling need should bind an item to you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    karrolanthkarrolanth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aendaeron wrote: »
    I found out that Guardian Fighters in random groups are often (always?) the party leader. I am a GF player. I could exploit it and set to "Party Leader decides loot distribution" but do I do that? Nope. I am a honest player.

Nice to know there are some others. :)

I'm still low level but have run a handful of dungeons now with PuGs - we've run into the 'need on absolutely everything' guys more than once. When things pop up in the middle of combat, or while the rest of the party is zerging ahead, there's not really time to inspect the item. If it's red, I pass. If it's obviously an orb (when I'm on my wizard), I'll need. Everything else is greed (unless I accidentally hit the wrong thing, in which case it gets sorted out afterwards). I've probably lost out on things that were for a CW through not inspecting them, but it still seems to me to be the fairest way to deal with it when things are moving fast.

My hubby suggested that I also start hitting 'need' for everything as well, so as not to lose out so much, but I refuse to stoop to their level. Teaching by example probably doesn't work very well when no one really sees your example anyway, but I still want to do what I feel is right.

We solve the problem by running with friends as much as possible instead, but I agree that something should be done. 'Need' should only be allowed if the class you are currently playing can use the item - not your companion or your alt, but your current character. And things like ingredients for professions should never have a 'need' option because anyone can use them.

Just my 2 Zs...