test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry NPC help

thelastseraphimthelastseraphim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I'm trying to get a npc to give me a key to unlock a door for a map but i cant figure out how to get the key. can i have the NPc give me an item or do i have to put it in a box?
Post edited by thelastseraphim on

Comments

• gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NPCs have a crippling fear of items. They will neither give nor take them. You'll have to use an interactable object to give the item.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • thelastseraphimthelastseraphim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had figured as much but now when i have it transition to retrieve the Key from the nearby stack of crates the quest wont transition from speaking to the Guard to getting the key

[IMG][/img]Foundry_zpsd3cf6fe3.jpg

Is there something im missing?
  • gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would help more to see the conversation. In order for it to move on, you have to have a conversation path that leads to a story complete, not story fail, ending.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • thelastseraphimthelastseraphim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured it out for some reason the NPC just Derped
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw in a few other threads talk about a recent bug where conversations were not always completing dialog quest objectives. Is that what you are seeing?
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another option is to do something like this:

Dialog option where you need to talk to the guard (he gives you the quest to find and pick up the key).

You then make it a FETCH quest where go grab the key (quest completed). The next quest is to talk to the same guard. This way, you still acomplish the same situation. You still talk to the guard, still find and grab the item (the key), and still return to the guard to "return" it.

"Talk to Guard" Dialog
    "Retrieve the Key" Quest (a fetch quest).
    "Return and talk to the Guard" Dialog.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I can't figure out any way to have an NPC take these quest items he asked for... Seems kinda weird to have him ask the player to put them in a box or something, but as of now that's pretty much all we can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]