test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway: "You have Encountered an Error. Timeout getting character list"

pmd1973pmd1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was using the Gateway fine yesterday afternoon. Yesterday evening into today I keep getting...
You have Encountered an Error

Timeout getting character list

Request timed out while waiting for your list of characters. You can retry by clicking the link below.

Is the gateway down? I get the error on multiple browsers and also on my phone. There are also no unusual characters in my account name or character names (all [A-z],[0-9]).
Post edited by pmd1973 on

Comments

• cura666cura666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pmd1973 wrote: »
    I was using the Gateway fine yesterday afternoon. Yesterday evening into today I keep getting...

Is the gateway down? I get the error on multiple browsers and also on my phone. There are also no unusual characters in my account name or character names (all [A-z],[0-9]).

Same here. Any thoughts?
  • pmd1973pmd1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It looks like they broke it with some kind of security update. I had to log into the game, authorize my computer, check my e-mail, type the confirmation code, kick the cat, and log back into the gateway.

The whole gateway is FUBAR. The timers are all wrong, filters don't function properly, valid tasks are grayed out, auction house won't let you post items, etc. It really needs to be fixed.
  • cura666cura666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, thanks
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm working great. Other than the top character still not click-able and having to use the workaround, I have no problems. I did the security update without a hitch, and I'm glad they have adopted this method.
  • atalantamatalantam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh good, I was wondering!
    Home of the Amazons - Play a female character?
    Server: Mindflayer
    [EST 2008. A themed community of gamers & roleplayers]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome thanks
  • deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pmd1973 wrote: »
    It looks like they broke it with some kind of security update. I had to log into the game, authorize my computer, check my e-mail, type the confirmation code and log back into the gateway.

This worked for me, thanks for posting it!
  • ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    fix did not work for me. possibly because i am trying to use the mobile version of gateway and it does not prompt me for a code from mobile nor does it send a code verification to my email address.

i can get in game but can't use the mobile gateway...which is unfortunately the only reason/way for me to use gateway.
  • pmd1973pmd1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix did not work for me. possibly because i am trying to use the mobile version of gateway and it does not prompt me for a code from mobile nor does it send a code verification to my email address.

I expected the same problem, but just tried it. It allowed me in even though I was simultaneously logged in on my PC... In the past, I had been booted out. :/
  • flatlyne9999flatlyne9999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just started this happening last nite. I need my fix, I'll have nothing to do at work all day LOL
    Xanther Falshun@flatlyne9999 - TR - Mindflayer

Member of 'The League of Monster Slayers' http://www.lomsglobal.com
  • jmac151jmac151 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When do they expect to fix the issue