test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idle Animations and Sheathing Feedback

colera2colera2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Love the game so far (Cash shop aside. Really PWE?), but there is one thing seemingly minor that bugs the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me. The idle animations for characters.

No one stands like that. When idle the PCs look worse than department store mannequins. Arms out out to the side and stiff like action figures. All the rest of the animations I've loved (especially the little "Bruce Lee" hop the TR does when coming out of combat) but to me this sticks out like a sore thumb. PLEASE change the idle animation to something more natural!

On the same subject... There aren't any animations for sheathing your weapon/holy symbol etc. You just go from post combat to that ridiculous idle and your weapons just magically appear on your belt. It's really immersion breaking. It's especially noticeable on the Cleric. So much so that I just quit leveling the cleric.

Maybe it's on their checklist but if not I don't see how changing the animation for idle and adding a transition (sheathing) would be a big deal.

-Colera
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jakadanakejakadanake Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how the rogue jumps sideways when his weapons are unsheathed.

Animations are somewhat spotty for now, so I can agree with your qualms. I imagine they will further refine them before full release.
    Check out my latest NW video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FiRWOCYMc

a0jWOwt.jpg

"Smell ya later!" -Gary, Pokemon
  • colera2colera2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping so but like I said it's a small complaint so...

-Colera
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Each weapon/class has a different idle animation so you'll have to be more specific about which one you aren't happy with. I've heard people unhappy with wizards because they stick their necks out too much, but the others look fine to me. Also I'm fairly certain my GWF sheathes her sword on her back correctly and my GF her sword on her side (not her shield obviously, that would be hard to do and take too long). Do you have animation quality turned down or something?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jakadanake wrote: »
    I imagine they will further refine them before full release.

This -is- full release. The 'open beta' line they use is only a cover-up excuse incase something goes wrong.

NW has launched. Period.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    NVM about the sheathing, you are right, the weapon just pops into place. I didn't really notice before.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    If theres any idle sound thats annoying its the Armored Howler one, its almost so i want to get another mount..
    edited May 2013
    Does it... howl?