test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the hell happened to the party qeue timing

crimsonredwingcrimsonredwing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
During the weekend betas that i played on,the dungeon qeueing was really fast and we could easily jump in and do the quests......but now it takes a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of time qeueing which results in me doing some other quests,after 20 mins or later i finally find a party but unfortunately i have to turn it down as im in progress of a current quests.

So in the end this forces me to manually find people to group up with making the auto qeue system kinda stupid and useless,why does it take so long now to group up with other people with the qeue system....if you changed it than why?! it was working fine during the weekend betas!!

Please fix the qeue system ASAP.
Post edited by crimsonredwing on

Comments

• tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    They are looking into it, but ya its a hugh problem atm. I have never had a quick que since i started at inital launch. beta weekend 2 or 3 had very fast que with way fewer people
  • crimsonredwingcrimsonredwing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tvalal wrote: »
    They are looking into it, but ya its a hugh problem atm. I have never had a quick que since i started at inital launch. beta weekend 2 or 3 had very fast que with way fewer people

Looking into it?! If it was flawless back than,they did something really bad in some patch they implemented.How could they have tried to fix something but break something else lmao.....if their STO qeue system was working fine as well as the weekend betas for neverwinter online....geezus lol what happened now D:<
  • arcinetharcineth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm willing to bet that you're a rogue or wizard. There are tons of you, and a dungeon will NOT start without a cleric and a guardian fighter in the party. Its that whole holy trinity at work.

As a GF, I have instant que times. Literally. The instant I press que, I get a group invite, since there are apparently WAY too many rogues and wizards compared to clerics or GFs.
  • fenicusfenicus Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    The que seems to vary person to person, but my experience with it has been fairly good, and my character is a rogue. Most of the ques were 10 minutes or less, with a small number that were about 15 minutes, and maybe 2 that were closer to 20 minutes. But it gives me time to sell my loot, buy supplies, grab a snack, and get ready for the next dungeon. It would be nice if all the ques were 10 minutes or less, but I didn't find it to be unbearable. And this was all for the CT dungeon, the only thing I have qued for. But, like I said, the que seems to be different for each person.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a guardian fighter I'm getting insta queues since the Open Beta launch , what classes are you guys playing ?
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, but it took me about 45 minutes yesterday to get into a party on my 20 cleric. Its taking a while for many people.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    I dunno, but it took me about 45 minutes yesterday to get into a party on my 20 cleric. Its taking a while for many people.

The thing is, until T2 dungeons, you don't need a GF. A cleric is pretty much mandatory, but a GWF with a CW can keep pretty much everything off the healers. Hell, we did some T1 epic dungeons last night and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them both in about 10-20 minutes each and we had 2 CW, a GWF, a rogue, and a cleric.

They need to allow you to choose whether or not you want to be in a balanced party, or the first party available (or choose what sort of classes you want in the party, via checkboxes. the people that are picky will wait longer, the people that are not, will not).
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup GF here and I get in after at most 30 seconds...
  • tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    cleric and takes 15-20 min, rogue is the same. always 15-20 min, think its once i have gotten in around 10 min.

I had no trouble with rogue in beta weekend 2 or 3 cant remeber witch one i was in, but then it was not balanced class selection. you rarely got a cleric but gf+rogue was the most common.
  • undeadknight1undeadknight1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a cleric, queuing for a party seems pretty instant, most I've waited is 15 mins.
  • crimsonredwingcrimsonredwing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcineth wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that you're a rogue or wizard. There are tons of you, and a dungeon will NOT start without a cleric and a guardian fighter in the party. Its that whole holy trinity at work.

As a GF, I have instant que times. Literally. The instant I press que, I get a group invite, since there are apparently WAY too many rogues and wizards compared to clerics or GFs.

I am a great weapon fighter....
    As a cleric, queuing for a party seems pretty instant, most I've waited is 15 mins.

Lucky....me and my brother had to wait almost an hour or more for our qeues..the worst part is that if the qeue came up to join we are already in progress of a quest which we have to restart over if we were to join! I don't understand what happened to the qeue system now,back than instant joining process but now....Long *** frakking wait.
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Yup GF here and I get in after at most 30 seconds...

How is it working so fast for you!! My internet connection is decent enough already and even during closed beta for neverwinter online qeue times...there has got to be something wrong in the game now that they have patched or changed preventing me or some other players from having fast qeue times!