test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats with the gear? This is so lazy

2»

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree not a fan of the sameness of gear, especially the fact that nearly all the Tricksters headgear makes you look like Zorro.

This is one of my biggest beefs about the game, that and the inability to customize the appearance of your Companions (at least the humanoid ones)
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadow71 wrote: »
    Actually there is an option for doing this. If you right click on the time you will see change appearance and all you have to do is have the item that you want to change the look to in the other slot.

I've had some odd things with that at 60, some gear could be changed to some, but not others. I have no idea how to find the "rules" of that.

Really, the people that keep going on about "OMG cash shop" really need to stop, or get to cap. Cap is where things start to look more different, and really, that is where you will spend 90% of your time if you play with any decent rate. The gear all has similar colors from what i've found, not all, but most, but the looks are different. I've gotten a pirate hat, and a wizard hat. Dyes also drop, rarely but the do, and can be gotten from the AH, so no need to spend if you don't want to. There are three, only three, fashion looks in the store. There are many more looks in game, so far from what i've seen, most from the epic dungeons and tokens. It takes just a few days to hit cap, so i'm fine with them putting more work into the end game gear and token gear.

My only real gripe about all this is that you can't preview anything, so you have no idea what gear you haven't gotten looks like at all.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The gear variety is pretty sad. I can only hope they prioritize it.
  • ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brah, you're doing it wrong. It's about spending as much money as possible in this great Action Cash Shop RPG! Start busting out your wallet and you'll have much more fun!