test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers wipe at the end of beta? Merge?

nazwawyswietlananazwawyswietlana Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello!

i was trying to find this info on my own, but sadly failed :(, I was reading some devs posts and blogs but haven't found it so I want to ask you, as you are probably much better oriented in this situation than I am. Only info that i found was rumors, whitch says ones yes, others no... so:

Will be a server wipe after beta? Resets of all characters, Zens etc? Do you have any official statement about it, can you provide a link to it?

And will be there server merge or its just a rumor?

Best Regards Arek
Post edited by nazwawyswietlana on

Comments

• maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No wipe, while it's called beta consider it a soft-launch instead.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • chance0011chance0011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only speculate that they won't wipe characters, because ppl have spent real money on Zen etc at this point...
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The answer is "No". I am searching the forums myself for the confirming post, but I can't seem to locate it. Frustrating, because I found it the other day.

This official Neverwinter Wiki page has the confirmation...
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Up at the top is a wiki.

And here is the link to the FAQ
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ

It has the answers....

But to answer them here...no there is no planed wipes.

Also the plan was to merge all the servers for the live game.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually in the last beta weekend people could spend as much zen as they wanted and it got refunded for open beta, which is considered launch because it was mentioned that there would be no more wipes after the 24th, since 25th was the first day founders headstart could start playing, and if you look at PerfectWorld's list of games you can see that they have little game development status icons for each game, listing if its upcoming, closed beta, open beta, singleplayer, or live, and neverwinter is listed as live.

(Also the FAQ the person above listed cuz Im a slow poster)
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    NO wipe.
    YES servers merge.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There will be no more wipes.

Shards will be merged at some point in the future.

You're better off looking for the Community Moderators confirmations on this matter. It's buried deep in the Dev Tracker but I answered this question at least once yesterday and seven times in the last week. And I feel like I am underestimating those numbers. ;)

And better yet it should be in the Extended FAQ. :p
  • metchimetchi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank God!