test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

help on first foundry quest please.

daspiandrathirdaspiandrathir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
the thing i'm confused on is i'm trying to have my npc have a dialogue option where it can lead to two different endings to the quest....A.) you help the bad guy and deliver over the good guy you were helping ( setting up for future campaign) or B.) you defeat ( but not kill, which leads to later question) the bad guys, they escape and the good guy thanks you and goes on his way....which brings me to my second question is it possible to make it so that instead of killing a encounter mob it stops the encounter at a certain % or perhaps make some event trigger when he hits a certain amount of health idk, something along those lines to get the idea of what i'm trying to do.
Post edited by daspiandrathir on

Comments

• Options
    grimtoadgrimtoad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The answer to your second question is yes. If you go to the behavior of your encounter you can change it to "Fight to submission". The enemy will become a neutral NPC at 10% health.
  • Options
    senjaxsenjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to attempt to answer your first question as I understand it. Two NPC's in question standing near the pc? You can make the guy you turn in disappear when a dialog prompt is reached and that dialog prompt can be down the chain of the "turn him in" line. To make an NPC turn into an encounter, you have to trigger the bad NPC(s) to disappear at a certain dialog prompt (down the fight them line) and replace them with encounters with the same skins assigned. That way you will have folks to fight and then as grim toad said just set them up to become neutral at 10% health then you can continue with dialog. I hope that isn't too confusing.
  • Options
    salem2687salem2687 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ohh i was jus browsing through the forum and am very new to the game i did not kno that u could create quests n such very cool:)