test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is with all the hyper-active kiddies rushing thru stuff.

askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just got grouped with a terribad rogue that was doing all the pulls, constantly 100 feet ahead of the group, we didn't even have time to pick up loot. This guy was so hyper-active he was mounting up for a 30 feet run to the next pull. Rush rush rush. drool drool drool.

Friggin damage meters are gonna ruin this game just like Wow.

Gotta love the warcraft generation.

Anyone know if you ignore someone will it then no longer match you with them in a group?

/sigh
Post edited by askopdkapok on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got grouped with a terribad rogue that was doing all the pulls, constantly 100 feet ahead of the group, we didn't even have time to pick up loot. This guy was so hyper-active he was mounting up for a 30 feet run to the next pull. Rush rush rush. drool drool drool.

Anyone know if you ignore someone will it then no longer match you with them in a group?

/sigh

Yes /ignore will keep them form queuing with you, I totally understand where you're coming from people miss so many things in Dungeons. I was talking to one last night who told me "I have already ran this dungeon fifty times", that isn't the rest of the groups Problem, especially new players who is running the dungeon for the first time.

I have stopped doing pugs because of it and soon a lot of other people will as well. There is one solution that will work I think, make traps deadly and random in all dungeons with a greatly reduced chance of someone who is using a Thieves kit to see. That will slow them down and might even make the content last a bit longer due to the replayability.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Man that is just so obnoxious. Gives me the mental image of some creepo in his basement drooling all over himself.

I miss the days of "enjoying the ride".

Hopefully my guildies will level up soon.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I left WoW to get away from that kind of BS. But they're everywhere, and don't care. I usually just kick people like that if they keep it up. Or let 'em die.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just don't understand the enjoyment of being the top of some random dungeon run.

I mean if 1 person dies, or someone goes afk, etc... the numbers are skewed anyways.

Just don't understand this generation of gamers... same thing in BF3. Some of the stupid stuff people do just for stats.

When I first started reading about this game I envisioned a rogue disarming a trap, the control wizard stunning a caster in the back, the guardian meeting the rush head on, etc... you know D&D. So far not a single group has been anything close to that. Hell the clerics aren't even healing, they dps as well. I still burn thru the same amount of heal pots in an instance as I do soloing. Which, by the way, now that I'm 60 and a control wizard I'm burning thru more pots than coin is being gained.
  • Options
    pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I've only run the first dungeon (Cloack Tower) a couple of times now, but I've definitely noticed people have the tendency to rush through the dungeon as fast as possible. It's not necessarily a negative thing, that's how some people play - but some of us were trying to explore the dungeon, pick stuff up and open hidden chests (which is all great fun IMO) only to find a couple of out party members multiple encounters ahead of us.

Personally I like to take my time and do things thoroughly, so I find it a shame that most people seem so keen to get everything done so fast - but in the end it's my own problem and it's just the nature of using a queue for dungeon groups so I have to live with it while I intend to queue.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • Options
    ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I think they game is better enjoyed with a group of friends, how unexpected. That's why I'm done running epics until more of my guildies get to 60.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • Options
    mmcsky1mmcsky1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I usually come out on top on most things ( even healing, that darn companion is the best thing since tacos), mind you I am a tank and not even trying to rush things, taking my time looking for loot boxes and stuff to gather, going faster by no means will earn you anything better or make you more likable.
    Like one of the posters said, it would be a cool idea if traps were made deadly like in DnD online, and mobs would be deadly for non tanks, need some mechanics on regular mobs that would make silly people like the one the OP mentioned die in the spot for trying to face tank and dps.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a lot of us older gamers have rose colored glasses one. Pug groups have always been a headache and way back when we were the OCD kids
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had a group that missed bosses cause they where in a pro hurry.. >_< i kept telling em in chat we missed a boss but they dont read chat..

i picture this kid blasting random dubstep on his razer laptop and saying LULZ out loud to himself when rolling need on stuff he cant equip, constantly trying to mash A for awesome combo on his x360 pad
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    I think a lot of us older gamers have rose colored glasses one. Pug groups have always been a headache and way back when we were the OCD kids

i have had a good time mostly, like back in daoc, sitting at the goblin house for hours on end farming xp with some random group you met at the loc, i miss that about the newer games, actual mob camps or open world dungeons where you could go and meet some random people, have a nice chat and kill some stuff
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »
    i have had a good time mostly, like back in daoc, sitting at the goblin house for hours on end farming xp with some random group you met at the loc, i miss that about the newer games, actual mob camps or open world dungeons where you could go and meet some random people, have a nice chat and kill some stuff

I remember open dungeons from UO in 1997. You had to go there in the off hours because at prime time PKs would sweep the floors. :) I really don't think people have changed all that much. There was a lot of anti-social behavior back then, and there is still a lot of anti-social behavior in games today.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »

Agreed. Your best bet is to do these things with people you know that way you avoid the high score morons.
  • Options
    dragonmonkdragonmonk Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was talking to one last night who told me "I have already ran this dungeon fifty times"

Then when you show them a secret room with 2 chest in it in a skill node they are like "i never knew that was there!
  • Options
    sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »
    had a group that missed bosses cause they where in a pro hurry.. >_< i kept telling em in chat we missed a boss but they dont read chat..

i picture this kid blasting random dubstep on his razer laptop and saying LULZ out loud to himself when rolling need on stuff he cant equip, constantly trying to mash A for awesome combo on his x360 pad

this right here made me laugh cuz I can totally see this happening. never understood why ppl use a 360 controller for some pc games. the keyboard is just better imo
  • Options
    xthemanimalxthemanimal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just don't understand the enjoyment of being the top of some random dungeon run.

I mean if 1 person dies, or someone goes afk, etc... the numbers are skewed anyways.

Just don't understand this generation of gamers... same thing in BF3. Some of the stupid stuff people do just for stats.

When I first started reading about this game I envisioned a rogue disarming a trap, the control wizard stunning a caster in the back, the guardian meeting the rush head on, etc... you know D&D. So far not a single group has been anything close to that. Hell the clerics aren't even healing, they dps as well. I still burn thru the same amount of heal pots in an instance as I do soloing. Which, by the way, now that I'm 60 and a control wizard I'm burning thru more pots than coin is being gained.

I'm to the point where I feel like the name of the game is seeing how many potions you can run through. There should be a leader board for it.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely agree with OP. I know several people that would even be willing to pay $40-$60 per month for a dedicated role-play friendly (not required) server with full time GMs and GM events and a name-banisher to smack down all those l33t kiddies racing to be the first/top of some ladder/statistic somewhere.
  • Options
    sman421999sman421999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prob came from WoW to D3 to here
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You ever think for a minute that perhaps the player only had like 30 min to play. I often play with a very tight deadline. Get in get out finish daily go to work.

Just because someone doesn't want to spend 1.5hours in a 45 min dungeon doesn't mean they are a WoW baby.

Then again I am not saying he isn't either. However with you complaining like this... does it make you any better than him?
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at start of the blacklake skirmish is a guy talks about whats going on...i cant even read whats happening as party rushes in...i really wanna know what that dude has to say...it bothers me SOOOO much and once the dungeon is over you cant go back.... =\
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    You ever think for a minute that perhaps the player only had like 30 min to play. I often play with a very tight deadline. Get in get out finish daily go to work.

Just because someone doesn't want to spend 1.5hours in a 45 min dungeon doesn't mean they are a WoW baby.

Then again I am not saying he isn't either. However with you complaining like this... does it make you any better than him?

then you shouldnt be playing.... dont expect the group to speed through content because you only have 15 mins... shouldnt have qued if you didnt have time to dedicate to a run. Seriously... if i was in this group and this guy did this i'd have /kicked him for it. Nothing more infuriating then someone not letting the tank do there job....
  • Options
    sman421999sman421999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Even if said player is "in a rush" does that excuse them for being obnoxious in a dungeon party?

Would you be obnoxious in a dungeon party if you were in a rush? or would you just not do the dungeon until you had more time

Its funny because the person being obnoxious was probably thinking "man these noobs are so slow, look how fast I'm mounting up and pulling all the mobs (even tho im a rogue and not supposed to) and doing such leet deeps.

But here you are somehow trying to defend them
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I guess I had false hope that this being a game based on user-created content that most of the warcraft kiddie's would stay away. I failed.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree with this pretty much. I do wish more groups would hit more optionals, but once you start getting seal gear, it just doesn't seem worth it for non-boss stuff. Even two chests is meh, lots of crafting stuff, runes, and vendor gear usually.

I also wish there were shorter dungeons, i don't mind that there are longer ones, but having some shorter ones would help. Some just feel long for longs sake. So many packs of trash mobs, running long hallways, boss fights that take a long time, etc. :P It would be nice if there was some incentive to fully clear a dungeon, like AD, gear, or seals, but as it is now, the dungeons just don't offer much reason to explore or go slowly, especially when you wait an hour to even get in.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I remember open dungeons from UO in 1997. You had to go there in the off hours because at prime time PKs would sweep the floors. :) I really don't think people have changed all that much. There was a lot of anti-social behavior back then, and there is still a lot of anti-social behavior in games today.

Some of my fondest memories was simple gnoll camping parties in EQ or
    4+ hour camping in Highpass Hold basement. Ahh the good ole days when I use to walk to school barefoot. But grandpa we are halflings we are always barefoot.

Seems ppl just want to rush off the the holy grail of End Game just so they can sit there and complain there isn't enough content.

Glad I enjoy the journey rather then the destination.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I guess I had false hope that this being a game based on user-created content that most of the warcraft kiddie's would stay away. I failed.

You've done nothing in this thread but throw insults back and forth about people you've made assumptions on based on the time it took to run some dungeons. Do you have a point or do you just need to hear yourself speak? Based on your original post, you have some experience with World of Warcraft, but now you're here. So why do you need to keep calling people "warcraft kiddie's" if you were one yourself? Maybe the people who rush just don't have time to walk around and stare at the walls like you want and they planned on getting the dungeon finished in the average time the queue says it will take.

It'd be so much easier to take you seriously if you weren't trying to slide in snide remarks about people who played the same games you've played as well throughout your thread.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We had one guy in a PUG that did that... He just rushed off away and did his thing. We let him and he died eventually and learned that he needs to stick with the group for support. Ahh the joys of PUGs :-p
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013

I am expectingthat they will soon consume all they need and move on.
    I saw the same when DDO first went F2P, they soon faded away and went back to where they came from or onto some other feast.
  • Options
    etherealdarxyde2etherealdarxyde2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this annoys me too. Another thing that bothers me is during a boss fight the whole group will just form up on the boss and mash their left click and do nothing else. Hey guys there's like 20 adds blowing you up.... and you're getting hit by every attack from the boss...

Eh that's just how it is grouping with randoms.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Lol
    Wait, you be serious.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For that scenario to happen:
    1) Traps would actually have to be dangerous. Currently the best way to deal with traps is to simply run through them.
    2) CWs would have to have ridiculous CC abilities & enemy casters would have to be obscenely powerful or cause some sort of extremely detrimental effect which causes CWs to basically focus solely on the caster.
    3) Guardian fighters would have to have ridiculous AoE aggro power + high tanking power + mobs would have to be highly deadly to non GFs/GWFs.

Most of these (2 & 3) would make for a pretty boring game.

Also:
    4) If you be burning through that many pots in instances as a CW, you be doing something wrong. Actually, being able to burn through the pots faster than coin gained means you be playing terribly. Try switching your instance ability rotation to single target -> AoE. This should let GFs get their AoE taunt off so that there be less danger to yourself.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

/sigh

thank p2w.

Also, in case you havent noticed, playing a class isn't exactly rocket sciene or anything close to other mmos.
    You've got primarily two attacks to spam with, 3 that use cooldowns and one that's on a massive cooldown and can only be used once enough points have been used.

None of the CC's in game are actually CC worthy, more like a temporary stun. Nothing like a Rogue's Sap or Priests chains from World of Warcraft for example.

NWO is basically an adhd kids action game appealing to the OCD masses with more money than logic to burn and with the 'social' aspect of mmo's thrown in.

Prove me wrong
  • Options
    mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    /sigh

I believe trashmobs in dungeons just do WAY too low damage... someone rushing ahead 100 feet without dying terribly within a few seconds shouldn't even be possible. I have played mmos with a single trashmob basically 2-3 hitting every nontank class, which might be a bit harsh. But imo they need higher damage than they have now to prevent the described behaviour.