test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NPC patrol speed

raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
Hey, just a quick question. My NPC patrol speed doesn't seem to be affected by the number I put in the box. Right now they're zipping around like an olympic speedwalker on crack. Am I supposed to do something other than play with numbers in the box?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by raphaeldisanto on

Comments

• Options
    vanturivanturi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with looping patrol. I set the speed to 3 or 4 for what seems to me an average walking pace. It defaults to 10 I think if you don't put a value in, and it looks silly like a power speed walk.
    -Vanturi
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same issue....I put in 2, 5, 10 , 15 , 200.....the NPCs still walk the same fast speed. Frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having issues with this, The quest I'm working on currently requires a person to run away so I can chase after them, but no matter what number I put into the speed box it makes no changes to there walk speed what so ever.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    nemrionir2knemrionir2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yap, does not matter what value I put there, always the same "walking" speed, but I really would need them to run fast
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same, it does not work properly for me ether, I want them to walk slow so I set them to 1 "same as if I set it to 6" kinda lame, must be buged.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been messing with this for weeks and as far as I can tell nothing I do makes a difference. I am testing it on looping patrol, one way patrol. Both have the same problem. I feel at this point it's just not working. I am still testing it with different animations set to see if that has an effect. Will post after
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    i have the same issue....I put in 2, 5, 10 , 15 , 200.....the NPCs still walk the same fast speed. Frustrating.
    I even put 0, 0.01, 0.00001, and 0.000001 and the NPCs still walk the same fast speed... lol...

i went the opposite direction with SMALLER numbers.

The ONLY thing that makes them slow down and stop is ... the way points.

Let us say you put it on a looping patrol to A, B and C. The encounter will BRIEFLY stop at A, then run to B. At B they will BRIEFLY STOP then run to C and then at C stop and RUN to A and repeat.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    I even put 0, 0.01, 0.00001, and 0.000001 and the NPCs still walk the same fast speed... lol...

i went the opposite direction with SMALLER numbers.

The ONLY thing that makes them slow down and stop is ... the way points.

Let us say you put it on a looping patrol to A, B and C. The encounter will BRIEFLY stop at A, then run to B. At B they will BRIEFLY STOP then run to C and then at C stop and RUN to A and repeat.

Didn't see this thread (from all the new threads on the foundry nerfs) but yes same problem here I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having it
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol, does it make you feel better when you can share the frustration :p
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    kaaethkaaeth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumping for justice! same problem here....does anyone know if speeds work when published??
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I haven't noticed a change
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. They don't appear to. I haven't tested much, it's kinda a pain to test something that you can only see when you publish it, LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here- I had a 'follow the npc' quest and it was walking soo slowly regardless of the value I put in the box it was just irritating.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Experiencing the same problem. I really want one of my NPCs to slowly stroll through a field of flowers, but he's stomping them all into the ground because he's on a mission.
  • Options
    cyntaxx1cyntaxx1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm chiming in on this issue as well. And same as most, I've got a chase quest and it's pretty funny that I can run circles around the npc until he gets to his destination.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that you are talking about it, I noticed a patrol in epic level Idris instance that was zipping through the dungeon after the last patch, never noticed that in my first runs there weeks ago. Maybe they broke patrols everywhere, not just on foundry content.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issues. At one point they use to run, then a patch happen and now they walk, but I could never get them to change speeds on either. I would be happy with just two speeds a walk, and a run.

My first quest had a people running through my tunnels around corners it was really cool. Had to change it cuz it was soo funny watching them walk towards you. Like STOP THE INTRUDER!!! five minutes go by and he finally makes it to the end of the hall.

Yeah wish this would get fixed.
  • Options
    nexdominusnlnexdominusnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry for bumping this thread but this still hasnt been fixed.

Patrolling speed still not working and my quest that i've made is no quest without it working.

Please fix this. Its been reported months ago.
  • Options
    trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    It doesn't work for me on one-way patrols using a wolf as the NPC.

However, wandering speed CAN be slowed down with regular human NPCs (have not tried with a wolf skin).
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry for bumping this thread but this still hasnt been fixed.

Patrolling speed still not working and my quest that i've made is no quest without it working.

Please fix this. Its been reported months ago.

It was reported back in the Foundry beta and has never been fixed. I think the issue right now is that they risk breaking half the quests in the Foundry (including some of the top rated ones, mine included) if they fix the bug. Any nonstandard values quest creators have been putting into that box would come back to bite them in the proverbial rear.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    It was reported back in the Foundry beta and has never been fixed. I think the issue right now is that they risk breaking half the quests in the Foundry (including some of the top rated ones, mine included) if they fix the bug. Any nonstandard values quest creators have been putting into that box would come back to bite them in the proverbial rear.

They could easily fix it by simply setting every patrol speed in existing quests to 7.5fps. That's what the default is, that's what they are moving at now, so it would be absolutely no change to existing quests, and it would allow future quests, and republishing to allow authors to have a working patrol speed.
  • Options
    elaridelarid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    They could easily fix it by simply setting every patrol speed in existing quests to 7.5fps. That's what the default is, that's what they are moving at now, so it would be absolutely no change to existing quests, and it would allow future quests, and republishing to allow authors to have a working patrol speed.

Bumpady bump, would love to get a fix here. I so wanted to have the surviving horses run off after a fireball exploded close to them, but meh. They just slowly stroll away, horrified :p
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    FIXED in NW.15.20140415a.2 !

THANK YOU!

That's great news!

Thank you, developers=)