test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Feats Not Working!

zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, it's a bit surprising that the game made it this far with seemingly so many bugs present in the Feat Trees. I've only had a a little bit of time to test out what I could, mainly because doing respecs cost AD or Zen, but I did notice a few Feats are not working at all. I encourage you to test some your Feats before and after placing points into them to make sure they are even working. For example, say you get a Feat that increases your damage 5-20% on certain skills, check out the damage before and after you place those points into the Feat.

For me, as a Control Wizard, I decided to go down the Thaumaturge Path and spend points on Snap Freeze and Elemental Empowerment. Snap Freeze is supposed to do 20% more damage on Cold Powers if the target is not affected by Chill. This Feat is NOT working, I've tested it on Training Dummies and multiple monsters. Elemental Empowerment is supposed to grant a DoT on your Cold Encounter Spells, based off up to 30% of your weapon's damage. This is also NOT working.

I'm saving up a few more points and intend to test out some of the Renegade tree, but like I said, testing these things out isn't easy because it costs AD or Zen to respec. While I've only listed 2 feats here, I feel this is only the tip of the iceberg, and that there are countless other Feats that I didn't check before and after that may also not be working as intended.

Let's not debate about the game being "BETA" please, I just want to see these things addressed and fixed ASAP. Please look into your Feat Trees at some of the core feats that you planned to increase and check to see before and after if they are even effective. The best way to do this so far was that Training Dummies in Protectors Enclave, or find 1 particular type of monster and test out the skills on it repeatedly. I've posted bug reports and even in the Bugs forum, but there isn't nearly as much traffic there to bring these issues to light.
Post edited by zeruin on

Comments

• mrdc0ymrdc0y Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Class bugs in general have been largely ignored with recent patches, they are too focused on the stability issues atm. While we're on the subject of feats tho, Mark of Mending for clerics causes the game to continually transfer 5% of your recovery to power until you die instead of the 1 time increase, and Repurpose Soul causes your crits to apply any enchant debuffs to the people you heal with it.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They SO need to add a Power House (see Champions Online) to Protectors Enclave. At first, I assumed that was the purpose of Trade of Blades. Silly me.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • snakedoc02snakedoc02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a very logical answer, although it probably is bugged, could they mean;

The Skill says: "Targets who are not affected by chill" Which means targets who cannot get the chill status on them in the first place eg. Boss monsters. If you can add a chill stack to a target then the damage bonus won't count?
  • zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BUMP

I tested the Snap Freeze feat on pretty much every Cold Power I have. Whether or not it added a stack of Chill after the cast didn't seem to affect it as it didn't increase the damage either way.

The Elemental Empowerment feat also does not grant any sort of DoT for Cold Spells as stated.

I traited heavily down the Thaumaturge Paragon tree specifically for these feats as they compliment my playstyle.. If these feats can't be fixed anytime soon, there is little to no reason to consider any other tree than the Renegade.

PLEASE FIX THIS CRYPTIC! Thanks.