test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF Pet cleric or tank

daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Basically what it says. Do you get the cleric for healing or take the tank to hold threat so you can run around with combat advantage all the time and AOE all the mobs?
Post edited by daradal on

Comments

• Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daradal wrote: »
    Basically what it says. Do you get the cleric for healing or take the tank to hold threat so you can run around with combat advantage all the time and AOE all the mobs?

I'd take the cleric.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Cleric is better since the tank pet can only taunt one mob at a time.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cleric then ioun stone, aco or cat after about 55 and for end game content. stone is best for content and aco for solo imo
  • Options
    bonesx33bonesx33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cleric for sure.
    Its like having free potions after combat and before you get to the next campfire.
  • Options
    daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what do you do when the cleric at about level 7 or so decides they want to try their hand at tanking and face to face combat? Mine started that in BW3. They didn't die, but im sure it would be a problem as the opponents get harder....
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cleric for groups, Tank for bosses. The Tank companion has AMAZING threat generation, bont only for a single target. You couldnt take aggro from him if you tried. I am only speaking from the perspective or up to level 25 or so.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cleric.

/10char
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am curious about people's opinions on this as well. MY GWF is only 41 and my rank 15 cleric is startling to die constantly. It does save me a lot money in Healing pots but is useless in big fighters so I was thinking keep my cleric most of the time, but for major fights, bringing out my Dire Wolf which is currently Rank 15, but can go up to 30.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I am curious about people's opinions on this as well. MY GWF is only 41 and my rank 15 cleric is startling to die constantly. It does save me a lot money in Healing pots but is useless in big fighters so I was thinking keep my cleric most of the time, but for major fights, bringing out my Dire Wolf which is currently Rank 15, but can go up to 30.

use dire wolf, or buy a new companion.
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Eventually they will release training manuals which can be purchased (not sure if its zen or ad) that will allow you to raise the ranking of your companion. They used to have them in during beta I believe, but they removed it and now it has "coming soon".