test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading Astral Diamonds for Gold (or for items)

tomasvettomasvet Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Shouldn't there be an option in the trade function that allows players to trade Astral Diamonds with eachother?

Right now you can only trade gold and items but you may use the auction house to trade AD with a player for a small auction house fee.

What's the intent with not making player able to trade AD with eachother?

Thank you.
Post edited by tomasvet on

Comments

• someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would remove the inherent resource sink that the AH is (the AH cut). They don't want you trading AD because then fewer people would use the AH, which leads to more AD in the economy, which is bad.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    It would remove the inherent resource sink that the AH is (the AH cut). They don't want you trading AD because then fewer people would use the AH, which leads to more AD in the economy, which is bad.

Or the gold farmers could seriously screw up the market. Nah, that couldn't be the reason. No they're more concerned about their theoretical cut from the AH.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    Or the gold farmers could seriously screw up the market. Nah, that couldn't be the reason. No they're more concerned about their theoretical cut from the AH.

Well considering it most definetely happens it is not theoretical. Not to say that they are not concerned with farmers but the AH is the much needed AD sink in the game.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game is pretty secure against farmers as gold is pretty worthless once you're 40+ and anything people would pay cash for is too hard to get to make it worthwhile to farm.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tell your friends to make short foundry quests (that qualify in length) and then tip them the ADs at the end.

If we get an influx of crappy Foundry quests, it'll be for this purpose. Guaranteed.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Farmers are already selling AD, it's fairly simple... they just lose the auction house cut on everything. Want to buy AD, sell a single potion for a million or two. They buy, done deal.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Tell your friends to make short foundry quests (that qualify in length) and then tip them the ADs at the end.

If we get an influx of crappy Foundry quests, it'll be for this purpose. Guaranteed.

The amount you can tip is quite limited. I agree this is a workaround to exchanging AD, but only for quite small amounts
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    there are items u can buy for gold that can be sold/bought on the AH. Also items from the AH can be vendored. I'll say no more..
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    there are items u can buy for gold that can be sold/bought on the AH. Also items from the AH can be vendored. I'll say no more..

I only see that working for a little while before people catch on that you're swindling them. Lol unless you're being fair, such as selling a nightmare box for no more or no less than 200 AD but those are also ONLY obtainable via AD outside of random dros.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well in terms of gateway profession stuff I think this is by design. Otherwise they'd let you just access the profession vendor from the gateway.
  • slyteshslytesh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to add this ASAP, auction sniping (like if you trade) in AH is also a problem and you can't do trades like:
    Item for Item of lesser values + AD because of the limitation of being unable to trade AD.

As for Gold/AD Farmers/Exploiters they are already there regardless of whether you can trade AD directly or not. Has nothing to do with an 10% fee on AH (Ban them to get rid of them and trace where they are holding their vast amounts of AD by checking logs)
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Please, please say more. I'd kill for a way to trade AD between different accounts.
  • healxeuhealxeu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blaablaablaa i let a brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out blaablaa

Correction
    u only have to post like lets say buying zen 50ad/zen each for desired amount of AD you want to transfer. now u either win the lottery and some1 sells u zen 50ad/zen or u cancel the transaction and your transaction deposit now has the Astral diamonds waiting there to be withdrawn on any character on your account.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I'm sure I'm not the first, but I looked into buying a key with zen, and selling it on the market for an AD profit. While theoretically possible (125 Zen costs around 45.5k AD), keys are selling on the AH now for under 50k AD. When you factor in the AH cut, there's no profit to be had there.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Please, please say more. I'd kill for a way to trade AD between different accounts.

This is very easy to do, put your AD up for an ungodly amount asking price. switch toons, and cancel the sale. all those ADs will be placed back in the Escrow account for you to reclaim on any toon.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    This is very easy to do, put your AD up for an ungodly amount asking price. switch toons, and cancel the sale. all those ADs will be placed back in the Escrow account for you to reclaim on any toon.

You guys are all assuming she meant between characters, when she clearly said between accounts. I'm not aware of a way to do that (being a ftp game it's a given some people will have multiple accounts).
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yup, I meant two different accounts. I wanted to try out all the classes and I wasn't prepared to pay real money for extra character slots.

So if anybody knows of any way to transfer AD between different accounts, I'd be very grateful.
  • groobogglegrooboggle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, I meant two different accounts. I wanted to try out all the classes and I wasn't prepared to pay real money for extra character slots.

So if anybody knows of any way to transfer AD between different accounts, I'd be very grateful.

You have to take a loss. But put up something worthless like a potion with the buyout of the Astrals you want to transfer and then buy it.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

To trade between account is a loss in the AH. You just have another chara buying something "cheap" for high AD.
    If you are trading between shards on the SAME account, then you use the Zen/AD exchange. convert AD to Zen, Zen is account wide (i.e. can be use on any shard) and log into specific shard and just convert Zen to AD.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    I only see that working for a little while before people catch on that you're swindling them.

There are always new people.

"There's a sucker born every minute." - not actually ever said by P.T. Barnum