test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I am sick of LAG! I am gonna leave the game if it continues...

spiriansspirians Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The same always! Lag everywhere and in the city more..... I can't play with it, I have the lowest resolution but nothing. My ping is the over 1000 sometimes 2000 and usually 500.... Please What happens with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game? Sorry for my language but I am sick....
Post edited by spirians on

Comments

• rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ever play a new MMO before? Ever hear of open beta?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you must be new to online games and betas.
    welcome btw.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Curious to why I and others are able to play with no lag? Level 30 with no lag besides launch day.
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Lag?
    I have whatshowever no lag at all. You sure it is not due something else?
  • spiriansspirians Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmmm I am in closed Beta of Elder Scrolls Online and There isn't any lag... Guys, I have been in many betas: RaiderZ, Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars and Aion. And this is the first time that I have lag. And the best highest lag...
  • roguehwzroguehwz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Closed betas usually don't have lag when there's very limited players.

For me, closed beta and headstart for neverwinter is smooth. First day of open beta launch is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> though, 2nd day onwards for me is fine. PS , I'm in Mindflayer server.

However I know a few betas that I'm in that lag like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> due to unoptimized software. Graphical lag in Frames Per Second rather than ping.
  • spiriansspirians Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am gonna wait....
  • everfir3everfir3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spirians wrote: »
    mmmm I am in closed Beta of Elder Scrolls Online and There isn't any lag... Guys, I have been in many betas: RaiderZ, Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars and Aion. And this is the first time that I have lag. And the best highest lag...

And to the makers of those games, take note, patient beta tester here.......sign him up quickly!! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, give them a chance to fix things, holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> its only been 3 days since open beta launch and they started collection data on what happens when the servers are flooded with peeps.

Funny though I've seen lag improve considerably to the point that I have none now......ever thought it might be something other than NW giving u probs?
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had 1500+ on the day they opened the OB but after the fix I have been having between 150 and 200ms. You must have some connection issue
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With all the network hardware problems they've had are you surprised there is lag? Give it time, open beta is a stress test of the system to adjust things that need to be adjusted with typical server load. Lag was better in closed beta just because there are many fewer people in a closed beta, which is also why they only found the queue problem when it went to open beta.
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Try this....check Disable On-Demand Patching in the Options menu of the Launcher screen.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    I suppose the servers are not running in debug mode anymore , but for those closed betas they sure are.Most of the ones i did , and believe me its a **** long list as i play since Ultima , have a laggy feeling untill they turn off the debugging.
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play on an HP laptop..and cable internet...I haven't had any lag...... your connection must suck

Lag is your connection not your video settings..unless your talking about something else. If thats the case the game defaults to windowed maximized, set it to fullscreen and I get it gets better. Stuff always takes more resources to run windowed.
  • ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Whats going on is that theres too many ppl playing. Wait a month, when everyone realizes the game is a piece of trash, and you should have no problem with lag. :)