test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tip: use DX 11 for more fps

joormodejoormode Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a quick tip if you have a Graphic Card that support DX11.
Go into Option - troubleshooting and you can change your cards setting to either dx9 or 11.
Also remove the fps limit from 60 to 120.
I gain like 15-20 fps..have fun :)
Post edited by joormode on

Comments

  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »
    Just a quick tip if you have a Graphic Card that support DX11.
    Go into Option - troubleshooting and you can change your cards setting to either dx9 or 11.
    Also remove the fps limit from 60 to 120.
    I gain like 15-20 fps..have fun :)

    What Options would that be? Neverwinter Options? Can't find any Troubleshooting tab.

    I wish that people would explain things a little better when they bother to do a forum post. :rolleyes:

    Nevermind... I found the cleverly or rather stupidly hidden advanced graphics options and changed it from DX9 to DX11 so now we will see if my FPS improves after restarting the game.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DX9 or DX11 it doesn't make one iota of difference... as soon as I am close to other game characters be it NPCs or real players my FPS really takes a nose dive to 20 to 25 FPS from 40 to 45 FPS.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    deepdiggerdeepdigger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how can you see the FPS?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    DX9 or DX11 it doesn't make one iota of difference... as soon as I am close to other game characters be it NPCs or real players my FPS really takes a nose dive to 20 to 25 FPS from 40 to 45 FPS.

    It does for people with newer generation CPUs and GPU. I run DX11 and it is smoother than the DX9 version. But you have an older C2D, won't help much
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deepdigger wrote: »
    how can you see the FPS?

    /showfps 1 or /fpsshow 1, can't remember
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deepdigger wrote: »
    how can you see the FPS?

    /showfps 1 in the chat window to turn it on and /showfps 0 to turn it off.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    hexcaliberhexcaliber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DirectX 9 is selected by default as dx 11 is not complete and still a work in progress; if you force it on, do so accepting the possibility of graphical problems and glitches.
  • Options
    ravosenravosen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    DX9 or DX11 it doesn't make one iota of difference... as soon as I am close to other game characters be it NPCs or real players my FPS really takes a nose dive to 20 to 25 FPS from 40 to 45 FPS.

    Oh look, it's C2D Guy. Have you bought a new CPU/mobo and RAM yet? No? Go away then.
  • Options
    everfir3everfir3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ravosen wrote: »
    Oh look, it's C2D Guy. Have you bought a new CPU/mobo and RAM yet? No? Go away then.

    lol - u beat me to that one...

    OP: thanks for info, will try that out when I get home as I kept seeing 60 fps and wondered if it could go higher :)
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everfir3 wrote: »
    lol - u beat me to that one...

    OP: thanks for info, will try that out when I get home as I kept seeing 60 fps and wondered if it could go higher :)

    Look in the troubleshooting section (where you change renderer to dx11), you can disable frame limiter or raise it to 120fps. Comes enabled and set to 60 as default
  • Options
    dalriondalrion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is problem...Every time you restart game it will be set to Dx9 again.
Sign In or Register to comment.