test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shut up and take my money! -Zen store style

pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Things I want to throw money at in the zen store

1. Universal armor/weapon appearances. For instance, a one handed axe that can be applied to any one handed weapon regardless of class (aka, cleric symbol thing, becomes axe. It doesn't have to make sense with the animation being performed, I think we can live with a little more clipping if that's what it takes). Plate armor that any class can use, leather outfits any class can use, cloth outfits that anyone can use. This would also work as fashion items for armor, but it would not work for weapons and we'd have less freedom with dye and such. Note, none of this would have any affect to stats.

2. More companions, humanoid companions with nods to classes that could/should/will be in the game later. A Dwarf paladin, a drow ranger etc etc.

3. Pointless companions. A horse with a wagon. A mule with supplies across its back. A servant boy/girl that 'carries' your things. Fluff stuff, nothing important.

4. New emote packs. The "sleepy" pack. 4 different ways to lay down or play dead. The "lazy" pack, 4 different sitting emotes. The "loiter" pack, 4 different casual stances to take while just standing around. The "Hungry" pack, 2 different emotes each for drinking and eating. Best part? You guys already have these emotes being used by NPCs. Give us what we want and make money off it in the process (Don't charge -too- much.. maybe 200 a pack...)

5. Lots more fashion outfits, mostly just the basic stuff. Cooks, Merchants, Blacksmiths, doctors, could even package them like you can with emotes like... the merchant pack... or what have you.

6. More dyes. Orange etc.
Post edited by pizzamurai on

Comments

• roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »

1. Universal armor/weapon appearances. For instance, a one handed axe that can be applied to any one handed weapon regardless of class (aka, cleric symbol thing, becomes axe. It doesn't have to make sense with the animation being performed, I think we can live with a little more clipping if that's what it takes). Plate armor that any class can use, leather outfits any class can use, cloth outfits that anyone can use. This would also work as fashion items for armor, but it would not work for weapons and we'd have less freedom with dye and such. Note, none of this would have any affect to stats.

2. More companions, humanoid companions with nods to classes that could/should/will be in the game later. A Dwarf paladin, a drow ranger etc etc.

3. Pointless companions. A horse with a wagon. A mule with supplies across its back. A servant boy/girl that 'carries' your things. Fluff stuff, nothing important.

4. New emote packs. The "sleepy" pack. 4 different ways to lay down or play dead. The "lazy" pack, 4 different sitting emotes. The "loiter" pack, 4 different casual stances to take while just standing around. The "Hungry" pack, 2 different emotes each for drinking and eating. Best part? You guys already have these emotes being used by NPCs. Give us what we want and make money off it in the process (Don't charge -too- much.. maybe 200 a pack...)

5. Lots more fashion outfits, mostly just the basic stuff. Cooks, Merchants, Blacksmiths, doctors, could even package them like you can with emotes like... the merchant pack... or what have you.

#1. Just stupid. Ruins the game. ruins the look. ruins the immersion I could go on. theres too many reason this is dumb.
    #2. They are in game later.. and more to be added. this is old news.
    #3. Not bad but... shrug...
    #4. I could see this one. Like.
    #5. Like .. they do need more looks.
    #6. hmmm sure why not.
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Ruins the immersion any more than holding an axe BACKHANDED as a trickster rogue?

#yolomancleaver
  • ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    shut-up-and-take-my-money2.jpg
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • sulexsulex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house

Did you read thread?
  • sers1sers1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house

...he was saying things he WANTS them to add so he can give them money.

and yes. they REALLY need to add more fashion clothes. i bought a bunch of zen and now need clothes to spend them on. XD
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceniebaby wrote: »
    shut-up-and-take-my-money2.jpg

Precisely, thank you =P
  • saberghost16saberghost16 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »

wow 200 a pack, lets pull the reigns back a little bit. Don't go driving a nail in your foot before you can even take a step. I'm sure the developers have taken a good look at what has caused the fall of many "For-Father MMO/RPG's int he past. Sure u can squeeze blood out of anything living but for how long? Instead of charging for "emotes how about make more items more easily acquirable through other means and I'm not talking about registering for certain sites on the internet. Maybe a well rounded currency trade system besides ZEN/Astral Diamonds for high end items. What is the purpose of gold, silver and copper then? The point is if u make it so that real money spent = further/ or more enjoyable progress, then the end result is that of other major MMO's not to be named but i am sure the developers understand. It's one thing for a player to pay/parents to pay 59.99 for a game yet alone 200.00 for game addition. the more honest the PLAY the more Players that will Stay.
  • brolleunbrolleun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World or Cryptic
  • carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait... u mean this isnt a sarcastic thread? *mindblown*
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow 200 a pack, lets pull the reigns back a little bit. .
    They're in this for a business, not to please us (That's secondary). What you go on to describe is an ideal situation in a perfect world (Zing!) where everyone gets what they wants and everything works perfectly (Hiyoo... I'll be here all day folks).

This isn't a perfect world (I can do this all day) and everything isn't going to work perfectly or balance out how we want it because we don't really control the business. All we can do is hope they offer what we want, and if they don't then it's their loss. It's my job to suggest to them what I want, so I can throw my money at them for my enjoyment.
    brolleun wrote: »
    Perfect World and cryptic do not deserve your money

Bottom line is, if they give me what I want, I'll pay for it, and so will thousands of others. If they don't they won't make as much money and will only get the base amount of money they normally would anyway from people who are bad with their money and not loyal to the game *shrug*. Either way, it's a win win for me. It's up to them if they want to make more money in the long run.