test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hide players in town

highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Great game love it so far impressed with the amount of things you can customize but why cant we hide other players running around in the main towns even the old mmos have this =)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you want to make it seem like you are playing alone?

And while I can applaud being both grouchy and antisocial, it seems a little backasswards.
  • smimon2smimon2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe he want to improve his FPS?
  • daimar1daimar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for one.. Outlaw drow and there big *** spider in civilized towns and populus areas.. Have the guard warn them, then attack on site..Drider in town, attack!

Selecting drow as a race should have a great negative quality if you come to a human or urbanized area..
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Its not about FPS or being anti social, its just more options and an authentic feel.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    He doesn't need to justify a suggestion or request. It's his time.

I wouldn't use it, but I don't see why not have the option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'd use it to up my fps a bit causwe nomatter the game or the pc over crowded main towns can usually cause lag.

• prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What MMOs have this? I've never seen an MMO where you can turn off other players. Kinda defeats the whole MMO thing.

You can turn off their nameplates, if that's what you want. It's in Interface options, under hud.
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    normally this option is in games so that people can walk up to npc and accept the quest without having trouble trading or what not with other people next to the npc, neverwinter doesnt seem to have that problem but its still a nice option to have and I know for a fact many players like to use it my self included.

I know you can turn off nameplates Its a common option many people like to use and find very annoying to have players names floating all over, so try to understand that we maybe have similar issues just not related.

You have never seen this in an mmo before =O? well a long time ago when mmos existed before WoW was crapped onto our planet yes mmos had this option even in up to date mmos there is this option just look at Vindictus to name one (well vindictus a bit old now).
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    even in up to date mmos there is this option just look at Vindictus to name one (well vindictus a bit old now).

Ugh, a Nexon game. So games that were created in Asia where player vendors are common, which is the only reason that option would exist. Because people are gone for a week at a time and leave up a shop which clutters the game world.

So it has nothing to do with "WoW crapping on our planet." It's terrible Asian MMO's with horrible design decisions.
  • ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would be great for two reasons:

Performance (I have no issue here)
    Immersion.

Simply put, I hate seeing other players constantly doing things that break my immersion (spiders and horses galloping over NPC's and things like that). Just a preference of mine, so I support this idea.
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not about FPS or being anti social, its just more options and an authentic feel.

I don't see any way that turning off players in town would give the game a more authentic feel in any way....actually I would think quite the opposite.
    normally this option is in games so that people can walk up to npc and accept the quest without having trouble trading or what not with other people next to the npc, neverwinter doesnt seem to have that problem but its still a nice option to have and I know for a fact many players like to use it my self included.

I know you can turn off nameplates Its a common option many people like to use and find very annoying to have players names floating all over, so try to understand that we maybe have similar issues just not related.

You have never seen this in an mmo before =O? well a long time ago when mmos existed before WoW was crapped onto our planet yes mmos had this option even in up to date mmos there is this option just look at Vindictus to name one (well vindictus a bit old now).

I think the feature in games a long time ago has more to do with network performance and the lack of good internet speeds and less with WOW crapping onto the planet......
  • xelsolxelsol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just about to suggest this very thing. I don't even know how many times I've crashed in or entering/leaving Protector's Enclave due to Out of Memory errors. I think if we could hide players, or at the very least, players' companions, it might help a bit.