test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Feat Bugs

banukbanuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
While trying to work out a spec for my Guardian, I couldn't help but notice an issue with two feats:

1. Shield Defense: "Gain 1/2/3/4/5 to AC" provides no additional AC according to the character sheet.

2. Armor Specialization: "Increases the effectiveness of Armor Class and Defense by 5/10/15%" also does not provide the correct additional AC according to the character sheet. The feat also appears to add a flat +15 defense instead of 15%.

All of my AC is accounted for from my equipment, except for 1 point which is posted under features. This AC may be due to either of the Feats above, but in either case it is miscalculated. If these feats provide their bonuses under a different stat that I am missing, could someone please let me know?

Thanks.
Post edited by banuk on

Comments

• Options
    mechafunkzillamechafunkzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The feat that gives Lunging Strike 20/40/60/80/100% chance to interrupt is also not working.
  • Options
    sirus49651sirus49651 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    do it doesn't work, same with the cool down feat, in fact im starting to regret playing a guardian fighter
  • Options
    banukbanuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just checked on my character to see if I was receiving cool down bonus from Fight On. It doesn't appear to be working either.

Can anyone else verify that Powerful strike is not providing the listed interrupt on Lunging Strike? I'm not wasting a respec when so many of these feats appear to be messed up at the moment.
  • Options
    flynnetarflynnetar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would put cash money on the upgraded Combat Superiority not debuffing properly, but I can't prove it as I don't know how it was intended to work. What I do know is it seems to be up a lot more often at 4/5 as opposed to 5/5.
  • Options
    ashneraashnera Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The feat fight on is working as intented for me. Lunging strike is about 7sec instead of 8 and enforced threat 13.1 sec instead of 15 *This includes a small amount of recovery*

About armor specialization you should note that it says effectiveness and therefore won't add actual AC but will increase the effectivness of AC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][url]
    http://twitch.tv/xilana[/url]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, Fight On may be reducing cool downs correctly, and it's just not showing up on the character sheet under recovery at this time.

As for Armor Specialization. I can see what you are saying about the wording, but if unmodified AC is worth .5% DR each, then you should be able to see increased DR% when you mouse over the AC number on your character sheet after taking the feat. Currently I have 19 AC from gear, 1 AC from features and 10% DR. Not to mention the Defense portion of the feature being calculated incorrectly at the moment.
  • Options
    imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Is anything going to be done about this bug? it's been awhile.
  • Options
    galefire102galefire102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just found and sent in another ticket about the bug to Shield Defense. please fix these immediately, it's silly that I have spent 5 feat points and gotten nothing from it.
  • Options
    omegabluefireomegabluefire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem. I have 5/5 on shield defense and 3/3 on armor specialization and I am not getting any bonus from either feat. I'm starting to feel that GF feats don't work correctly at all. This is a serious issue and needs to be resolved quickly. Please perfect world, fix this soon or at least let us know you are working on it.
  • Options
    imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    So how goes the fixing of this bug, Cryptic?
  • Options
    casseincassein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    submitted a bug report on shield defense as well.

*crickets..*
  • Options
    galefire102galefire102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump, I want my 5+ AC please, seeing as how I only have 30 at level 60 I feel like 5 more would be a severe boon.
  • Options
    gosuhaxgosuhax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I have this problem too- no increase to AC or AC 'effectiveness'. The Turtle/ Debuff GF guide in the stickies even mentions the problem.

Fix please!
  • Options
    qrorriqrorri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same for me! Shield Defence and Armor Specialization broken
  • Options
    vladiusvladius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump! only getting 1 point of AC of 3 I spend on it.I consider this a serious bug.Give it priority pls.

I hope we get a free respec when those bugs get fixed.Having to pay for their mistakes it's not fun at all.
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    bump for fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    gwensdinnergwensdinner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Bump.

Any feedback would be nice.
    I don't want to spend more money on another respec, to get around a feat bug.
  • Options
    simkardforumsimkardforum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another feat that appears to be bugged is the "Brawling Warrior" feat, it says Knights Valor provides 1/2/3/4/5% additional damage resistance, however the character sheet does not change when its activated?
  • Options
    exyliadexyliad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on any of these? It's been a while and I can't find any recent statements about fixes for the GF from any admin or dev :(
  • Options
    exyliadexyliad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've also read that neither Toughness nor the upranked Enforced Threat are working like they should. I feel like the community of Guardian Fighters is giving up on reporting all the bugs and problems more and since NO information WHATSOEVER is given by any admin/dev about any of this, it seems like it's at the bottom of their priority list, sooo... BUMP :/
  • Options
    cathralcathral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many of the interrupt feats do not work (Lunging Strike, Frontline Surge) on bosses they are useful only as damage attacks as the mobs continue to use their spells/big attacks as if nothing had happened.

It looks like most of the tools guardians use dont work according to this thread. I have also noticed Blocking (shift) does not block many spells and attacks even when the meter is well in the blue. I have been shot from the front by trash mobs, casters tend to ignore it especially for daze type attacks
  • Options
    snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    PWE/Cryptic will not respond to forums who ever has a job currently at pwe should be fired they are so effing lazy its unbeliveable to even give a responce like ok we will look into it eta is .... no they cant do that as for the block bug thats mentioned in the comment above its because they implementd a super lazy fix to the client hack which gave ppl infinte block/stamina so they moved it server side and have not heard a peep out of them regaurding this even tho there is about 7 or so forum threads about it.

all in all do not expect to see any fixes in feats for a while at least another 2 weeks min their clearly to busy fixing useless shi t like gateway issues then the actual game. There are far to many bugs/exploits/issues for their lazy asses to fix so in return they chose the easy way out and fix useless stuff ie (moving the problem server side causing even more issues and acting like nothings happened).

once again i guess as gf weil have to bear with the broken *** state of the game or play something else while things are eventually fixed im thinking i might take a 2 week break from this and come back to see weather or if anything is fixed.

Im sorry for the rant but back to the main post yes u r right the ac is calculated wrong and we do not receive the proper amount and as for the lunging strike interrupt i speced out of that because i realized it didn't work as interned(100% chance to interrupt at max feet)
  • Options
    flynnieflynnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After 4 closed beta tests and approximately one and a half months of Open Beta they got live! WooT! oh wait the Guardian Fighter feats still don't work... and the hype about new pve pvp areas that are still coming soon... game is live still have bots in pvp... though good job on fixing it so we can't even boot the botters to get some real players in the pvp...
    Another thing! GMs / Devs gave free reset all well n good.. too bad that i removed, Prestidigitation 3 You and your allies gain 1/2/3% increased Stat Ratings... my gear score dropped can't join t2.5 anymore... Gear score = stats i guess though some crappy green with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stats will give ya more gear score than a purple..

GG I can't believe they went live with all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>