test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LOOT EXPLOSIONS! sorry i rather not.

pwgupwgu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
anyone getting sick of the loot explosions from monsters? sometimes i have to run up a hill or even down a cliff to get at the loot that has exploded with great ferocity out of the monster i just killed.

i mean is that going to be a selling point for neverwinter? you get to run around for 30 seconds, like a headless chicken, picking up loot after you kill a monster?
Post edited by pwgu on

Comments

• Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwgu wrote: »
    anyone getting sick of the loot explosions from monsters? sometimes i have to run up a hill or even down a click to get at the loot that has exploded with great ferocity out of the monster i just killed.

i mean is that going to be a selling point for neverwinter? you get to run around for 30 second like a headless chicken picking up loot after you kill a monster?

personally if loot was meant for you, you should just auto loot (i.e. drop into your inventory) instead of having to pick it up all the time.

While I understand it may "break immersion" but I think it is silly to run around and chase your loot after each fight.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hate it too. I hate when the loot drops behind me.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate it loot pinatas!

I'd prefer auto loot as well.
    what i hate just as much is the 500 lines of chat stating i've looted 1 copper. just wait 5 seconds then give me a total.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Companions should loot for us.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »

I can go with this. My panther is not doing anything most of the time.
  • Options
    aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »

In the upcoming Van Helsing hack n slash game, the compaion can loot everything. Thats soo cool...
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing better as a Dwarf trying to jump up a book case to reach 2 copper...
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I am literally sick of it. Makes me motion sick sometimes running around in circles so much.

Takes longer to chase down loot and 1cp piles than it does to kill most monsters. So bad.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish it was area loot on F, that would be better if they keep it like a pinata. Press F, all loot around you gets sucked up. No running around to step over it.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    While the looting did bother me in the beginning (pressing a button for everything) I can totally go along with my companion looting for me even tho it goes in my bags! That would be AWESOME!
  • Options
    skuallpwskuallpw Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree annoying as hell
  • Options
    kvarga74kvarga74 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I wish it was area loot on F, that would be better if they keep it like a pinata. Press F, all loot around you gets sucked up. No running around to step over it.

I've seen this work really well in other MMOs, hit 'F' get ALL THE LOOT!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kvarga74 wrote: »
    I've seen this work really well in other MMOs, hit 'F' get ALL THE LOOT!!

Personally I don't understand WHY we can just get auto loot (i.e. auto go into pack as you get it)
  • Options
    titankktitankk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm 200% agree with this, the looting system is terrible. Companions that loot, AoE loot upon pressing F or simply auto-loot, would all be much much better than that.
  • Options
    pwgupwgu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know PWE hears that we think loot explosions are really annoying. but wait till you can buy a 15 dollar loot imp that'll collect the loot for you....

why am i trying to hijack my own thread....