test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Water Collision. . .?

fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Just curious; Will water (if deep enough) stop a player from crossing or do I need to use invisible walls? As it is now, during testing, I can walk on water.

Thanks!
Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
Post edited by fromover on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Water does nothing other than looking like water, even in the official game. In Blacklake district in the quest to collect sludge samples, one sample is located out in the lake, where the water (and the sludge on top of the water) is over your head. So you are not only completely underwater, but under the sludge (which you're told is dangerous), nothing happens.
  • vanturivanturi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's strange you are walking on the water during your testing. You should follow the terrain as you go into the water.
    But if you want to stop someone from crossing your lake, stream, whatever, then an invis wall is the way to go.
    -Vanturi
    edited May 2013
    Be aware that water seems to work as an obstacle to path generation when publishing your quest. Any enemies standing in the water risk getting stuck, and patrols/wander simply won't work.