test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Traps and Mechanics

drizzt2223drizzt2223 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Are there going to be any advanced trap mechanics and scriptable interactions for us to use?

I would love to create a puzzle-like dungeon but the current toolset seems to be a bit more action-oriented.
Post edited by drizzt2223 on

Comments

• senjaxsenjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I had some fun in placing the traps for my dungeon. I have barricades in my hideout that are specifically placed in dark portions of the corridor. I have trap plates right on the other side of a few of them so when the player jumps over the barricade they have a nasty surprise waiting for them lol. I am working on a few puzzles for my next adventure. The first one came out great. If you PM me I can tell you what it's about to share some ideas. Understandably I don't wish to just throw it out there :-)
  • fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see traps movable in 3-d mode. It's a pain switching back and forth.
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • senjaxsenjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree. Another thing I hate is when you move visual effects like fire or magical lighting. The **** disappears after you move it. then you have to reset the map just to check placement. It's annoying.