test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outleveled a skirmish and now i cant do it anymore?

2»

Comments

• nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    Every skirmish and instance should have a scaled up version for higher levels.
  • zaralyszaralys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    choranth wrote: »
    I completely agree with that. Not being able to get all the quests (because one of those is "complete this skirmish") or all the skirmishes (because outleveling) is bad. I'm fine with fast exping but I'd like to get all my achievements...

100% agree with this! I've missed a couple of skirmishes now due to outleveling them and would love to be able to go back and get them done.

Missing a dungeon or two isn't so bad because we can at least go back in and do them later with a party or even solo. But missing skirmishes means missing an achievement.
  • fantasyjokerfantasyjoker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I entered the que for "Straight to Helm" while questing and once I hit lvl 34 it was removed as a queing option, it was extremely frustrating cause I wanted to earn all the titles and I missed out on an experience I'll never have a chance to return. On top of that there is no actual entrance to the instance or any "epic" versions of any of them.

What if I really enjoyed one of them and want to repeat it at lvl 60? How will I ever get the title associated with the area?

Because right now your telling me I have to sit and stare at my screen for 15-30 minutes waiting to que instead of questing only to assure I don't miss the chance to do it at all.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I completed 2 of 3 on the bridge (level 56-57? can't remember now) and levelled up - lost the chance to complete the 3rd one. Very annoying.

Levelling is way too easy, scale back some of the XP - or make the daily prayer selectable reward - choose to collect the XP or not. Reduce quest rewards a bit (even 15% would help) as there are enough quests per aera to outlevel the skirmish too quickly.
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The only solution at the moment is not to run all areas on every character. This isn't such a bad idea as it means there is more 'new' stuff to do when levelling alts, so it definitely adds to replayability value - which may have been the devs intent?
  • khynneakhynnea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's already contacts for skirmishes that explain what they are. It would be easy to add options to start a skirmish to their dialogue.

This has to be by far the easiest, most seamless, effortless solution for PW developers I've seen suggested so far. A dialogue option tree just like for the dungeon doors placed directly on the NPCs that talk about the skirmishes. Do you want to go in blah blah blah. Don't even WORRY about a physical "Door" object, just get people assembled and teleport them in. Go in with whatever party you want.

Ideally yes, epic levels at 60 would be "nice to haves" for repurposing content a lot of us found fun while leveling. The ability to access lore objects and *thoroughly* enjoy all of the content and be completionists to our hearts content would go a long way to making a large number of us (me for one) more loyal as a player and shopper. I don't know about other people, but for me, sometimes these "little things" are actually quite the opposite -- not little things at all and important, they boil down to the very reason I play a game and how I get enjoyment out of it.

I've posted numerously on this topic, submitted bug reports, and GM tickets, done everything I could. I'm *tired* of staring at the screen waiting for the queue to pop on any class other than a tank. Healers even I have to wait *hours* in some instances to get into a skirmish in order to get credit for an achievement or title, it is absurd. All while I either do absolutely nothing for fear of outleveling a range OR I do quests and not turn them in, I worry about crafting and then realize that I have xp coming in there and level or I do my daily prayers to get celestial coins and worry about leveling. How long do I have to sit staring at the screen just to have to worry that 3 levels will go by too quickly?

Then you get in and someone triggers it too quickly for you to get an associated lore object. I mean really... usability and playability weren't heavily considered on these, on level ranges and caps. A lot of things are more inclined to drive some subset of players away over time rather than make us 'loyal' or 'likely to spend more money,' or any money in some cases. Sure you have priorities, but this speaks to the long-term playability of the game.

I play the game to enjoy it. Not to stare at a window and wait for a queue to pop. If there was more flexibility in how I could access the content, I could be having fun now instead of irritated, posting, and having spent the majority of time 'gaming' through my 30s and 40s on 4 alts doing *absolutely nothing* waiting to get into skirmishes, and failing on a few accounts before level ranges slipped through my fingers for one reason or another.

I wouldn't ask like so many others to make it harder to level; I know a lot of people play to play end game. For whatever reason. Just make it easier for us to get to the content.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nichivo wrote: »
    Every skirmish and instance should have a scaled up version for higher levels.

Agreed.

I didn't want to do skirmishes or dungeons for areas I hadn't even explored yet.
    By the time I finish an area, I've out-leveled the skirmish.

Think part of it was that they encourage us to play the Foundry. Easy to
    skip past a skirmish that way, too.

They should scale all the skirmishes the same way they did for the Orc invasion event.
    I don't care if I don't get super-cool items, I just want to play the things!
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My biggest gripe.

Leveling way too fast to just enjoy the game, the surroundings and the game play.

I do not know the thinking behind the fast leveling because monetarily wise it is not justified.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Very old thread. The issue is bad game design that will lead to the downfall of the game especially since you can out level story line quests.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)