test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elephant in the room.... Star Trek Online

bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So my ingame mail is even picking up my old Star Trek Online accounts mail.. Just kinda putting this out there but even in pvp you need to stomp a person dead like in STO... This game is a modded Star Trek Online isn't it? I'm not hating or anything I am just simply wondering if this is the case because it plays VERY similar to STO.
Post edited by bigredlunchbox on

Comments

• xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game uses the same engine as STO & Champions Online before it. Yes you can still see friends/Guilds from across those games too I think.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • zenbrilligzenbrillig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This really doesn't play anything like STO, what are you talking about?
  • bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    This game uses the same engine as STO & Champions Online before it. Yes you can still see friends/Guilds from across those games too I think.

Thanks, I thought they felt very similar and I was starting to think i was going crazy.

zenbrillig wrote: »
    This really doesn't play anything like STO, what are you talking about?

I don't think you understand what a game engine is so i understand your confusion.
  • stryker67stryker67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems like custom chat channels cross games too...
  • snaeffellsjokullsnaeffellsjokull Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's pretty much it: STO rammed into LOTRO and crash-landed on TERA. Admittedly, the resulting mess is quite fun, although I can't see myself investing too much money into it. $20 maybe, when I'm in a generous mood. :p
  • bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting things that they never said would be in the game. I never knew i was going to get STO mail in my mail box from my old fleet which i would have to download the game to leave -.- Also the cross channel thing is really interesting it must mean they are using the same chat server for their games.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i see the chat from STO :D , i never used a mailbox in Neverwinter , i even don't know where is the mailbox in NW but what if i can get a Jem'Hadar Ship Pack and sell it on Neverwinter lol ?? should be much easier to take out the zombies from ship lol

or

if i would call a Reman Elite/Romulan Security Guard to help me with the Orcs for 60 secs :D (to bad these consumables are bound)
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you delete your old STO mails you mail box might work better . I got my auction mails much faster after I went into STO and delete them mails there .
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once PW bought up Cryptic, they merged the systems. I would get emails across all my game accounts from other games. I guess they did it to kind of make it easier to keep in touch. So I get STO guild emails showing up min Champions email and vice versa. And it looks like it will be the same with this game.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbiddog wrote: »
    Once PW bought up Cryptic, they merged the systems. I would get emails across all my game accounts from other games. I guess they did it to kind of make it easier to keep in touch. So I get STO guild emails showing up min Champions email and vice versa. And it looks like it will be the same with this game.
    The merged systems have been in place long before PWE showed up...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The CO/STO Chat and Mail systems* were merged before STO was being publically tested. And while you can see that a mail has items for another game attached to it, you can only pick up those items in the game they're from.

*Also includes friend & ignore list.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The CO/STO Chat and Mail systems* were merged before STO was being publically tested. And while you can see that a mail has items for another game attached to it, you can only pick up those items in the game they're from.

*Also includes friend & ignore list.

****, and i was hoping to sell a jemhadar ship in Neverwinter for coins lol :cool:
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon