test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial Coins

emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is anyone getting their Celestial and Ardent Coins this morning? Since the patch my Celestial coin counter has sat at 1 day 5 hours without change. Is anyone else seeing this happen?
Post edited by emalore on

Comments

• rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    WHat are celestial and ardent coins?
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I also noticed. Not a major issue though. I didn't have that many and they are fairly easy to get.
    rasmusep wrote: »
    WHat are celestial and ardent coins?

After leveling (I believe it's from lvl 10 up) you can use Ctrl+I near a campfire to use Incantation. It'll give you 1 of each coin every day (Thanks tilt42) and you can use them to buy stuff, like mounts(?), companions, ect. However Celestial Coins will disappear if you fail to use Incantation over a period of 1 day and 5 hours.
    edited May 2013
    yarrmor wrote: »
    Yeah, I also noticed. Not a major issue though. I didn't have that many and they are fairly easy to get.

After leveling (I believe it's from lvl 10 up) you can use Ctrl+I near a campfire to use Incantation. It'll give you 1 of each coin every hour and you can use them to buy stuff, like mounts(?), companions, ect. However Celestial Coins will disappear if you fail to use Incantation over a period of 1 day and 5 hours.

Aha so they work similar to ZEN currency?
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but differently. The amount of stuff you can buy with those coins are far limited than ZEN. Once you get the quest on Incantation you should get the info you need.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'll give you 1 of each coin every hour

It's 1 every day, not every hour.
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    It's 1 every day, not every hour.

Really? I think did it twice yesterday. Maybe Celestials are once a day... Don't quote me on that. I'll look into it later.
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but differently. The amount of stuff you can buy with those coins are far limited than ZEN. Once you get the quest on Incantation you should get the info you need.

Cheers alot for the info :)
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? I think did it twice yesterday. Maybe Celestials are once a day... Don't quote me on that. I'll look into it later.
    I will quote :) both, ardent and celestial coins are once per day. With reset time sometimes like 7pm GMT (or maybe midnight PDT?) - same as daily resets. So you can get two of each in "one day". Technically.
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    I will quote :) both, ardent and celestial coins are once per day. With reset time sometimes like 7pm GMT (or maybe midnight PDT?) - same as daily resets. So you can get two of each in "one day". Technically.

I did it around like 9pm GMT+1 (that's Amsterdam, right?). So... AND I SAID NO QUOTING! :mad:
  • gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

After leveling (I believe it's from lvl 10 up) you can use Ctrl+I near a campfire to use Incantation. It'll give you 1 of each coin every day (Thanks tilt42) and you can use them to buy stuff, like mounts(?), companions, ect. However Celestial Coins will disappear if you fail to use Incantation over a period of 1 day and 5 hours.

Where on earth did youg et the info that they'd disappear after a single day and 5 hours? That makes little to no sense, since many people won't be able to login and do it EVERY single day.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Coin

Celestial coins you only save up to 7 though I think, its the ardent coins you save 360 of for the special companion and they do not disappear.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Celestial coins you only save up to 7 though I think

Yep, it's like that "log in daily bonus" thing in Flash & Facebook games - log in for 7 days straight, get the good bonus. Then do it again.
    (come to think of it, the Professions system is kind of like those Internet "time management" Flash games, too..... tell your workers to do a job, come back X hours later or pay to "speed it up". Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that. At least you can check in using the Gateway so that you can update your workers.)
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel good with it. They obviously cannot do craft right so at least this is better then "buy 10 stacks of tier 1 resource, click 500x and get rid of things you've done, then buy 10 stacks of tier 2 resource, click 500x and get rid of another bunch of completely useless junk" style.

And they proved this system actually works nice on StarTrek. So they choosed to used it as main craft system here. TBH StarTrek has it much more complex and fun with all those abilities and personalities, bonuses for critical success and drawbacks for critical failures. In NW it's just... very hot-made to have at least something. And it's not good. Same static, poorly designed times and rewards. And "rares" which take 6x time and gives half a reward of ordinal jobs.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gyloir wrote: »
    Where on earth did youg et the info that they'd disappear after a single day and 5 hours? That makes little to no sense, since many people won't be able to login and do it EVERY single day.

Probably got the idea in game where it says celestial coins will vanish if you do not invoke at least once a day. Add that to the timer when you hover over the celestial coin amount and you can see you have 1 day 5 hours to invoke again before they *poof*.

And yes, it means logging in each day, which is why it is considered a daily login bonus. If you know you won't be able to log in for the next day, just spend what you have now. The max number of celestial coins you can have is 7 anyway, so it is not usually too big a deal. :)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get 1 celestial coin every 24 hours when invoking at a campfire. You can get a maximum of 7 of them and apparently every time you invoke a 1 day 5 minute timer is reset. If that time passes without you invoking you lose all celestial coins.

You get 1 Ardent coin at the 24 hour mark with the celestial coin. You are supposed to be and at least in closed beta apparently were though I never did have a chance of getting 1 every time you invoke. It must be a very small chance I haven't seen an extra one ever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The celestial coins vanish after 29 hours unless you invoke again, but thankfully they are way less valuable than ardent coins.

You get one of each per invocation, max one per day.

You can invoke once per day, giving various rewards that decrease over the day (starts off giving AD, xp, and goods, eventually just a buff)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?