test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizards So overpowered in Pvp

cassiegoesrawrcassiegoesrawr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So since ive started pvping at 10 im now 40, every game is a control wizard, SUPER overpowered doesnt matter, their disables, stuns Etc. im a Gf ,im not saying their the best class, but we need some kind of counter measure for all the mass stuns and disables. i literally couldnt do anything as soon as i jumped down to enter combat. couldnt move, attack , block or use any skills. they need to be nerfed and now >_>
Post edited by cassiegoesrawr on

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So since ive started pvping at 10 im now 40, every game is a control wizard, SUPER overpowered doesnt matter, their disables, stuns Etc. im a Gf ,im not saying their the best class, but we need some kind of counter measure for all the mass stuns and disables. i literally couldnt do anything as soon as i jumped down to enter combat. couldnt move, attack , block or use any skills. they need to be nerfed and now >_>

Guardian Fighters get a CC immune, damage buff daily. Use it.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    never had trouble with CW with my GF. Accually never had trouble with any class. If you know how to block it takes at least 3 players to kill you.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I just played a match at 59 with my CW and there was a GF on the other team that played very well. I could not kill him at all. He could not kill me either, but he held the node until his team mates arrived. CWs are strong in PvP, but once you play one at a higher level and meet some opponents who play well, it puts things in perspective.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yea, I gage the GF in one encounter, and if he knows what to do. I avoide him like plague. Being CW against a GF 1v1 is like trying to stop a charging buff with *****-slapps.
  • Options
    devengrimdevengrim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed same feelings from a CW here, GF can really be incredibly affective in PvP against a CW, I cannot kill them at all if they stick on me, and nearly all brawls i've had with one so far results in him standing hes ground as long as needed untill hes team can gather up and melt my face, not to forget I cant really do much else then avoid the GF and can't focus on blowing hes team up.

I think GF's need to reconsider their class in PvP and think about how great they are to have on your team, due to the fact that you can lock a CW or even two of them down and relieve your team from getting nuked rather then killing people.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, usually what i do as GF in pvp is simple, i stand alone.
    I tell my team im gonna capture opponent base , tell them to stay middle and warn me if some 1 comes.
    And the math its easy, since it takes a lot more then 1 to kill a GF i stay with pvp heal pot and gather the healing from ground when it spawns so i stay all pvp on their base with 2 or 3 trying to kill me, leaving the middle for only 2 or 3 opponents and 5 of my team.
    So imo GF has a good place in pvp. Every one has
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    imsleepy1993imsleepy1993 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At lvl 60 from what I seem so far gwf is the best pvp, good gwf pretty much counter wc easy... we're not op.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GF is going to be the OP PVP class once people learn how to play it properly, like the Lancer is in Tera.
  • Options
    caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My rogue EAT any CW, srsly.
  • Options
    saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I play a trickster rogue, and with all the pvp experience background I have, I can tell you they will fix control wizards or the games pvp player base will die very fast.doesnt matter who does more dmg or who can kite more. Game mechanic wise the control wizard has TOO MUCH control.by the time they use their last cc ability the first one is back up. and it is endless. there either needs to be dr's in the game or their cd's need to be increased. just one cc wizard is stronk. I just faced 2 cc wizards 1 cleric 2 trickster rogues, and got completely annhilated due to the amount of cc they put out. you have ZERO up time. and how can pvp be fun for someone if you cant even control your character? once they look at you . you are done. as bad as it sounds im a hardcore pvper and I actually went to go quest cuz I got sick of all the control wizards. the games pvp base will die if they dont fix them.
  • Options
    tschrivtschriv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Rogues gain an encounter level one as well.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Really? I played a GF to level 25 in beta. CWs didnt give me much trouble. Do you know you can block all their attacks? Between that, the charge skill you have to close distance, your stun, your knockdown and your massive HP pool, they shouldnt be owning you.

Having said that, their CC ability is way off the charts. They either need a more limited mana pool or there needs to be some kind of diminishing returns.
  • Options
    ramuxxramuxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caiokill wrote: »
    My rogue EAT any CW, srsly.

Rogues EATEN by singularity. A good CW will destroy you.

CW's are hardly overpowered though.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a gf myself, I can say if a cw tries to take me on one on one hes in for trouble. Not only have I found away around him teleporting away. I can take a hit or just block his spells.
  • Options
    nethemeanethemea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That is precisely reason i dislike PVP in mmos. Its impossible to balance multiclass game to be fair in PVP and fun outside of it.
    Warrior (tank) are best example of it, for PVE they need to be sturdy to tank, and have decent dps so not only total masochists would level them.
    Same perks (sturdy with decent DPS) make them op in PVP. That also goes for healers, great heals, with decent DPS make them unkillable in PVP,
    if devs limit healers DPS nobody will level them up (see mystics in TERA, fun class to play but pain to level)

It happen in WOW multiple times they twisted and nerfed all classes so many times to balance PVE and PVP, nowadays druid has nothing to do with druid i started playing with. As hybrids druids were unkillable at certain wow builds. In MMOs developers should just state either game is primary PVP or PVE and then balance game for that chosen aspect with other one being additional. Again look at WOW all classes are same boring ****, but they all are balanced for arena PVP. You want balanced PVP go play real, competitive FPS game ie. UT or quake, one that requires skills, not gimmick classes or better weapons.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    As a gf myself, I can say if a cw tries to take me on one on one hes in for trouble. Not only have I found away around him teleporting away. I can take a hit or just block his spells.

Hrm what way is this you speak of? What I used to do it save my charge for when he teleports, but he can teleport 3 x in a row so it wasnt super effective.

On my GWF there is no escape for them between the sprint and the jump\smash we get. Sorry, havent memorized ability names yet :-)
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So from the posts in this thread the game sounds pretty balanced to me - everyone is talking about how they own everyone else.

Standard MMO pvp conversation :P
  • Options
    chrisboughton3chrisboughton3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nethemea wrote: »
    Again look at WOW all classes are same boring ****, but they all are balanced for arena PVP.

You're insane if you think this.
  • Options
    kysis020kysis020 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh OP, i dont think so there def is Obviously low and as a rouge i tear trough them i roll and attk then when they jump and attk i jump back behind them backstabs bonuses etc they die.... thats why i made my rouge elf racial bonus more resistance vs slows and cc's :) and im a rouge thats even niceer sinds wizards always target rouges archers etc in battle.. maybe the Thread makers needs to learn the class more the game is still new and nerves will come sooner or later but not on some losers command.

I'm out.
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    never had trouble with CW with my GF. Accually never had trouble with any class. If you know how to block it takes at least 3 players to kill you.

You've actually found 3 people who are too stupid to get behind your shield???
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My GF eats any CW because I'm pretty much immune to all their CC and when they zip around/away I just rush back to them lol...
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dcoy1 wrote: »
    You've actually found 3 people who are too stupid to get behind your shield???

Yes, it's more common than you'd think and you can instantly flip angles once you get used to it. Hell the mobs train you cause there's a huge number of mobs that teleport behind you and then do a massive attack :)
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    dboss777dboss777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    GOOD THING HE'S LEVEL 30 AND KNOWS END GAME MECHANICS RIGHT GUYS lol

How can a rogue, or a GWF ffs, complain about cc? A rogue can escape ANY fight he wants at any time if he gets jumped. Only bad rogues get kited, really, if you're getting kited then derp!run the opposite direction and mount up and go grab a potion or wait for stealth to reset.

Not to mention both of those classes have CC immunity that can counter CC

Not to mention you can tap dodge to make the CW waste their force choke/ice stun. It's the same animation every time just be aware and don't slap the rogue blinders on and hold left click, it may not work too well vs a skilled player like it did when you were in the 19-29 brackets.

Not to mention you both have your own very powerful CC's with rogues having instant daze that basically makes a CW a free kill or a GWF that can be immune to cc while knocking someone prone and then dazing them.

Do I even need to continue? You're bad. Take it off the forums and try to actively get better at this game.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    So from the posts in this thread the game sounds pretty balanced to me - everyone is talking about how they own everyone else.

Standard MMO pvp conversation :P

At 60, it seems fairly well balanced. Obviously some are going to be stronger 1v1 and others stronger in groups, but it is fairly well balanced.

In straight fights, it seems to be the team with the more clerics wins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    What is a DC's counter to a CW?
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oghier wrote: »
    What is a DC's counter to a CW?

Stand in astral shield, dot, and nuke. Probably the easiest class to fight as a DC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the CW class is under powered. I mean I get out dpsed by GW and especially TR by 20 or 30 thousand. In 1v1 vs either of these you get your *** handed to you especially by the trickster rogue. Perhaps I am not doing somthing right but I get killed all the time pretty much every time by either one of these classes.
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rogues are op imo, so far one on one none have beaten mine. i can even take out a gf, takes longer if they know what they are doing. cws ive had no problem with, on gf or rogue. need to learn the skills and how they function and stack. plus gear and armor penetration goes a long way...
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree. I think the CW is the under powered player here. I also agree with dboss777.
  • Options
    cassiegoesrawrcassiegoesrawr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what cc immune is this you speak of ?
    the daily?